Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Circa Survive - The Amulet (September 22, 2017) Album • Page 66

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Gooddayz

always and forever

Really? I found the second half after Stay to be a little underwhelming esp The Hex, but it's already gotten better on my second listen.

2. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Only had one listen and unfortunately didn't do too much for me and a lot of it really blended. I would hope it grows on me but as of now I greatly prefer Descensus

3. So I immediately enjoyed this a lot when it leaked but fuck is it clicking with me today. I'm in love with this record

4. atlas

Trusted

after listen 1 where only a couple songs clicked (as is custom with Circa albums for me), I'm on listen 10 and it's all coming together now. Only "The Hex" is really underwhelming me rn

teebs41 likes this.
  5. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Verses of "The Hex" are pretty incredible, but the chorus is frustratingly pedestrian, by comparison. Still one of my faves.

teebs41 likes this.
  6. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

I got my circa tattoo finished yesterday.
    Perfect timing before I dig into this record incessantly for the next two weeks

7. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

The Hex rules

8. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I don't know if this will make any sense, but this probably the "smoothest" album they've made since OLG. The whole thing is like a cool drink of water.

9. Gooddayz

always and forever

Makes perfect sense. I was talking with a friend and we were saying how Descensous is much more raw while this is so smooth.

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  10. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Yeah, I'd agree with that, though half of VW is really smooth too. Like Bird Sounds mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

11. Gooddayz

always and forever

Blood from a Stone is super smooth

12. Bryan Diem

Trusted

And the all out blues fest of Brother Song and the serenity of Think of Me. First half is really jagged and intense but how it cools off half way through is just PERFECT.

13. Gooddayz

always and forever

Brother Song is another one I could do without though. I wish they left that nice outro melody for the closer only

14. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Ahhh, I used to think that one was really boring, but it grew on me like crazy recently, I love the solo at the end and the "ooooohooooooooo" 's but the best part is probably when Anthony goes like "We. can't. say. OUR FEEEEEEELINGS THE RIGHT WAAAAAY" He really kills it in that song, and the rest of the band is really subtle and beautiful.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  15. Gooddayz

always and forever

Lol if they ever do a VW anniversary tour you should do their marketing

16. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Brother's Song is cool, but the best song on VW with the initials "B.S" is Bird Sounds.

17. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Thank you for the pleasant Friday night chuckle.

Gooddayz likes this.
  18. Transient_Hymn

did anyone catch the livestream from Siren Records?

19. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I completely agree.

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  20. Transient_Hymn

Seeing all the tracklisting re-orders...does anyone have one for VW that they think elevates the record?

21. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I need to relished to VW, it's be a long time since I played it.

22. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Bird Sounds into BfaS was always one of my highlights from VW, but lately I've grown to appreciate it even more and think it holds up well against most of their discography.

23. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I might be in a minority here (I don't really know), but I don't think any Circa album is dramatically better than any other. I think they're all pretty close to each other as far as quality goes, and I don't think there is really a right or wrong answer for what their best album is.

24. Transient_Hymn

sign of a great band

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  25. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

They are my favorite band, so I might be bias a bit. But I don't really get the VW hate. Or, OLG being treated as light years ahead of everything else. Or the weird Juturna spectrum where it's either an easy best, or easy worst of their discography.

Basically, I don't understand humans so all of you people are alien to me. Hahaha

incognitojones likes this.