Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Circa Survive - The Amulet (September 22, 2017) Album • Page 155

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Jul 10, 2017.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

joined the Patreon!

DrawYourMind and Transient_Hymn like this.
  2. irthesteve

WOW this Patreon is so extremely well organized, this is exciting

DrawYourMind likes this.
  3. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Welcome to it, mang.

irthesteve likes this.
  4. irthesteve

Just went through and downloaded/categorized everything in my iTunes. I think I got it all. Live album, 6 cover songs, 6 demos/remixes, 6 Quarantine Sessions, 6 Safe Camp Sessions, Metanoia and Awake In A Dream. Phew!! I think that's it for audio, and I haven't even dug into the non-audio stuff yet. Overwhelming.

DrawYourMind and jpmalone4 like this.
  5. stars143

Trusted

6. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

fuckin weirddd

7. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Kind of love it

8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Holy

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah this fucks

10. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Beautiful.

11. irthesteve

for anyone who isn't part of their Patreon...

Hello Dear Creatures!

Just giving you a heads up that we will be making 12 different patreon posts PUBLIC between now and 12/25 as a gift to those fans who have been unable to afford the Patreon as well as a an enticement to those who have yet to check out what it's all about.

After 12/25 any of the posts will return back to their locked status. We will be posting each day of Creature Club on the main feed here for organizational ease but also because some of these posts will be unlocked for you as well!

For example those in Level 2 & 3 creatures will get temporary access to some new stuff they don't normally have. Level 4 creatures, while you already have all the keys to the kingdom you are true heroes and we will give you extra love this month's Q&A.

Lastly, this month's videos, podcast, cover, safe camp and quar seshes are all being worked on and coming soon.

Love you so much, thank you forever for you support and happy holidaze :heart:

12. irthesteve

new Blue Sky Noise tour dates

Jan 08, 2022 Rochester, NY @ Anthology [VIP] [Tickets]
    Jan 09, 2022 Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues [VIP] [Tickets]
    Jan 11, 2022 Grand Rapids, MI @ Intersection [VIP] [Tickets]
    Jan 12, 2022 Indianapolis, IN @ Deluxe [VIP] [Tickets]
    Jan 14, 2022 St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant [VIP] [Tickets]
    Jan 15, 2022 Chicago, IL @ Concord Music Hall [VIP] [Tickets]
    Jan 16, 2022 Minneapolis, MN @ The Lyric @ Skyway [VIP] [Tickets]
    Jan 18, 2022 Denver, CO @ Ogden [VIP] [Tickets]
    Jan 22, 2022 Portland, OR @ Crystal Ballroom [VIP] [Tickets]
    Jan 23, 2022 Seattle, WA @ The Showbox [VIP] [Tickets]
    Jan 25, 2022 San Francisco, CA @ The Regency [VIP] [Tickets]
    Jan 26, 2022 Santa Cruz, CA @ The Catalyst [VIP] [Tickets]
    Jan 29, 2022 Las Vegas, NV @ Brooklyn Bowl [VIP] [Tickets]
    Jan 30, 2022 Tempe, AZ @ Marquee [VIP] [Tickets]
    Feb 01, 2022 Dallas, TX @ House of Blues [VIP] [Tickets]
    Feb 02, 2022 San Antonio, TX @ Vibes Event Center [VIP] [Tickets]
    Feb 03, 2022 Houston, TX @ House of Blues [VIP] [Tickets]
    Feb 05, 2022 Pensacola, FL @ Vinyl Music Hall [VIP] [Tickets]
    Feb 06, 2022 Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Revolution [VIP] [Tickets]
    Feb 08, 2022 St Petersburg, FL @ Jannus [VIP] [Tickets]
    Feb 09, 2022 Orlando, FL @ House of Blues [VIP] [Tickets]
    Feb 11, 2022 Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade [VIP] [Tickets]
    Feb 12, 2022 Charlotte, NC @ The Fillmore [VIP] [Tickets]
    Feb 13, 2022 Richmond, VA @ The National [VIP] [Tickets]
    Feb 15, 2022 Nashville, TN @ Cannery Ballroom [VIP] [Tickets]
    Feb 16, 2022 Louisville, KY @ Mercury Ballroom [VIP] [Tickets]
    Feb 19, 2022 Detroit, MI @ The Majestic [VIP] [Tickets]
    Feb 20, 2022 Toronto, ON @ Opera House [VIP] [Tickets]
    Feb 22, 2022 Montreal, QC @ Fairmont Theatre [VIP] [Tickets]
    Feb 23, 2022 Albany, NY @ Upstate Concert Hall [VIP] [Tickets]
    Feb 25, 2022 Boston, MA @ House of Blues [VIP] [Tickets]
    Feb 26, 2022 Hartford, CT @ The Webster [VIP] [Tickets]
    Feb 27, 2022 Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Steel [VIP] [Tickets]
    Mar 01, 2022 Pittsburgh, PA @ Stage AE [VIP] [Tickets]
    Mar 02, 2022 Baltimore, MD @ Rams Head Live [VIP] [Tickets]
    Mar 04, 2022 Philadelphia, PA @ Union Transfer [VIP] [Tickets]
    Mar 05, 2022 Philadelphia, PA @ Union Transfer [VIP] [Tickets]

beachdude and stars143 like this.
  13. MathiasGeleyn

Regular

That Cursive cover was on point. I like it when Cursive gets the recognition they deserve.

kelseyduffy and stars143 like this.
  14. stars143

Trusted

...what song? I might have to get on this patreon.

15. stars143

Trusted

Cameron and chewbacca110 like this.
  16. irthesteve

The band is releasing a "Circa Family Christmas" compilation tomorrow, sent to Patreon users early. It's got 5 Circa songs, 1 Psychic Babble, 3 by Twin Fire which is Colin and his wife Sarah, plus the Anthony & Mr Husband song that was released earlier. Also, might add some more songs to it!

17. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

It's available to stream on Bandcamp now.

18. I don't know why i'm astounded but seeing 2022 dates feels so surreal. Good for them for making up for the cancellation and planning this far ahead.

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’m sure the AG/Tilian song is on the comp as well.

20. irthesteve

it's 14 songs now instead of the 10 from yesterday

21. irthesteve

Pretty amazing write up from Colin about the song Caroling on here

For many years my Dad would write a Christmas song each year. I remember being a little kid and being completely awestruck by the magic of him strumming out these songs and then hearing him play them back through his little boombox tape recorder for all of us. I can say without a doubt that this was the number one inspiration for me to eventually feel like I could record my own songs years down the road. It was a subconscious game changer. A DIY seed planted in my brain that grew and grew.

Of course his love of Christmas music was also transferred to me. Certainly not ALL Christmas music LOL but there is something beautiful and pure in so much of it that I adore. The songs that my Dad wrote especially were exemplary of the "true Christmas spirit" (as he called it) which to me always felt more like a teaching on how we should be living all year long. He never wrote about presents or anything like that, it was about coming together with your friends, family, humanity at large and connecting to the joy of being alive, recognizing your blessings (aka privilege), the pain of loss, bittersweet nostalgia, the memories of everything in between and a celebration of the whole bag. Yes my version of Christmas is mostly secular albeit some could call it spiritual. I've never been religious and these songs, while they certainly don't erase the notion of Christ Consciousness, are not religious by any means.

He wrote "Caroling" 35 years ago so I was 4 years old. Mind blowing stuff haha.

When Anthony told me he wanted to do "Caroling" I was excited and instantly heard a way to reinterpret the song. It was an extremely fun process and I love the way it came out. I can hear Anthony smiling in this performance somehow. It's beautiful and the slide that Brendan added brought it to another level of magical. Lastly getting to record additional vocals with my wife Sarah (who sings the shit out of the harmony/backups throughout) was the most fun I've had in a long while.

I've been touring for over half of my life now and while there have been plenty of times that I haven't been able to be home for actual holidays there has never been a year that I don't see my family sometime between Nov-Jan to have a celebration. This is the first and while that makes me really sad, listening to this song makes my face hurt from smiling too hard and has made me feel connected to the true spirit again. I love you all, thanks for listening and for being a part of our family. I hope your Holidaze are safe and joyous even with the bummer we've been handed this year. Merry Happy All The Things.

Attaching my Dad's original boombox recording from 1985 for reference.

Merry Christmas Dad, I love you!

Tracked In Our Respective Homes

Mixed by Me :)

Guest Vocals by Sarah Collins

stars143 and beachdude like this.
  22. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Not sure if people saw, but they've changed their Patreon a bit in this past month. It sounds like Anthony may be struggling a bit, as they've basically cut down a bunch of content, and no longer doing podcasts. That was the main thing I really enjoyed about the Patreon, but hopefully he's okay.

23. irthesteve

Yeah I saw that as well, it sounded to me like this is taking preventative measures to keep him safe. They cut out the reimagining of old music (which I imagine could be quite triggering) and have moved to making new music only.

I actually really like the new format, getting so much brand new music is cool. The new Circa song and Anthony solo song from this month are both solid.

24. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

i thought the new format sounded cool since its new music and we already got a new song demo thing.

side note that reimagining of Oh Hello was so fire and unexpected

edit: it does say the “quarantine sessions” are discontinued but that still leaves the “safe camp sessions” which are the reimagining of old songs.

25. Dunno what this is, but Anthony and one guys from The Maine have posted it today