Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Circa Survive - The Amulet (September 22, 2017) Album • Page 147

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

wonder why they dont play Never Tell a Soul or Stay. those should be lit live.

stupid glad they play At Night tho

2. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

They’re playing Never Tell a Soul on this tour and played Stay on the Foxing tour

EDIT: looks like NTAS was taken out after Detroit?

3. Dog with a Blog

Dang

beachdude likes this.
  4. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

All the stripped down rearrangements in the normal set were really cool.

I bet this is actually going to be really cool and weird.

5. Dog with a Blog

La Dispute just finished up. Time for Circa!

And yeah, I’m sure it will be dope, but I definitely was planning on going wild ha

6. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

How was it?

7. Dog with a Blog

Ok???

I dunno, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed. But I am glad that they played at all and Anthony was super appreciative of everyone showing up regardless of the situation, so that felt good. The first 30 minutes or so was just Anthony and an acoustic and then the rest of the band, sans Steve, joined him and most of those tracks were pretty cool. The biggest detriment was that the crowd had the energy/mindset of a crowd going to a full band show so they were a little obnoxious at times. I’m glad I went but I definitely wish I had gone to the show in L.A. two days prior.

8. trevorshmevor Nov 18, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 19, 2018)
    They played 6 or 7 songs with no drummer tonight, and then had a fill in for the rest of the set. The no-drummer songs included a few of their consistently fantastic set staples ( Strange Terrain, Act Appalled, In Fear, Stop the Car to name a few), so that was pretty deflating to know a few of the heavy hitters wouldn’t be making a proper appearance. The fill in drummer that joined in was fine, I kept thinking it didn’t sound like he was hitting hard enough or something, but that could’ve just been a sound issue. Props to him for being able to hang at all though.

Overall really bittersweet because once they started the full band stuff, it became clear that they’d put a tooooon of effort into making this a crazy show — I’m glad I got to see some of the stuff they had up their sleeves but am bummed for them that they weren’t able to deliver it the way they wanted to. That was probably my favorite light show they’ve done and the live renditions of some of the songs were bonkers good.

beachdude and teebs41 like this.
  9. Ellite25

Regular

I was there as well. I’m glad I got to see them but I couldn’t help but be disappointed. I’ve seen them 3-4 times prior but I’d never heard anything off The Amulet live and was really looking forward to it. Hearing Anthony playing Lustration and The Amulet by himself just wasn’t the the same. I still think it was cool of them to play. Kinda of a bummer knowing they’re taking a break after this so who knows when they’ll be around again.

10. Gooddayz

always and forever

Saw Circa a couple nights ago and Steve was back killing it! When they played Battle, My Love I was not ready, total surprise. So cool they played that even though I felt like the only one singing along.

On a sad note that was the most disappointing Circa show I've ever been too. Circa did great, but the crowd was awful. I've never seen such a lackluster crowd for Circa. Way used to seeing everybody get hyped and what not :uhoh:

11. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I honestly hate how rowdy circa shows get sometimes, ngl circa is vibe music for me

12. Dog with a Blog

I like rowdy Circa shows, depending on the song, but I saw them on the first night where Stephen hurt his arm so it was verrrry chill and motherfuckers were still trying to make a pit on certain songs. Like stahhhp

Gooddayz, beachdude and trevorshmevor like this.
  13. Gooddayz

always and forever

Fair, but it's still fun in my old age to let loose a bit once Circa comes on haha.

14. Gooddayz

always and forever

I remember I played The Amulet constantly tail end of last year and I wondered why it didn't make my top songs for 2017. Turns out it's my top song for 2018 haha go figure.

15. Lazarus

Drummer

I’m so happy to have finally gotten to see Battle, My Love. The ending they added to it was surreal.

The VIP set also ruled. Got to see alternate down versions of Oh, Hello and Stare Like You’ll Stay, as well as Dark Pools!

beachdude, Nate_Johnson and Gooddayz like this.
  16. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Randomly thinking about this right now, but on my way home from work a few weeks ago I saw a red Toyota with an NH Juturna plate, so if you're lurking in here, I see you.

beachdude and Nate_Johnson like this.
  17. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Is anyone else deeply bothered by how Anthony mispronounced "anesthetize" is The Amulet's chorus?

When I bump threads, I make it count.

beachdude and Dog with a Blog like this.
  18. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Is that not how you pronounce it? Ha

19. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

He pronounces it "anesthesize" like a complete dumbass.

flask likes this.
  20. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

couldn’t give a shit less

Ken and aoftbsten like this.
  21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Who cares it sounds good. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

22. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

remember when he said “perferect” in James Song

he knows what hes doing. things are there to sound good first. artistic license.

funny/interesting talking point though

Ken, beachdude and teebs41 like this.
  23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

yea, weird things happen to annunciation when you sing lol. If it sounds good, who cares? Also calling him a dumb ass, idk seems a bit drastic.

Ken and pauljgreco like this.
  24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

You obviously aren’t familiar with sir White. I enjoy his contributions

25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Been here for years and still learning something new everyday