Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Circa Survive Repress ‘Blue Sky Noise’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Such an important record.

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the time that passed between me reading this in the Circa thread and placing my order was like 27 seconds.

don't think i've made a purchase quicker before.

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Bryan Diem likes this.
  5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Cloudy Blue is sold out but the Cloudy Clear is still there, there are (2) variants!

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This is the only record of theirs I truly love from start to finish ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Andddddd preordered!

8. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Got the only one I saw, which looks phenomenal in the mockup. AND IT'S REMASTERED!!!!

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  9. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

These are flying, get one now if you’re hesitating.

10. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Yeah the clear blue one went super fast. I was at the right place, right time when I saw it and was able to snag that variant up. So stoked to finally own this one on wax.

11. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

Damn. Missed! Need to check Chorus.FM multiple times a day at work, I guess.

12. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Is there any other way to work??

13. Iamhollywood315

Regular

fuck I knew I should have ordered it when I was sitting on the toilet at work today. now they are all gone. At least I can hope they put a remastered version on Apple Music or something.

14. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

I just hope they release the remaster digitally, as well. The remastered version of Juturna is so good to listen to, but mostly because they switched the guitar tracks from left to right and vice versa.. That was a whole other experience.

15. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Where's the remaster Juturna?

16. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Saw the pre-orders while on break today, and immediately grabbed a blue.

17. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

18. Bryan Diem

Trusted

19. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

So Juturna got a remaster and BSN is getting one, but OLG got a re-issue.. They didnt remaster it for its 10 year, even though they did a tour, but they did put it out with all the demos like Juturna had. I'm kind of assuming BSN may have demos too.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  20. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Makes sense, which is cool because I think some of the demos might surpass album versions such as Frozen Creek which is totally botched on the album imo.

21. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

I half-agree. I think the album version of Frozen Creek is exactly the most polished version of that song that they could have put out.. But I think Anthony shines when he does it live, the version I listened to forever was the bootleg of the first live performance and it was structurally different but something about it was more epic. I think they made it more verse chorus verse for the album and thats what killed it for me.

22. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Yeah, that live version is awesome. Album version goes full power ballad and doesn't have much flair to it.

23. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

My friends cried over night they'd missed it hahh. I'll probably wait for the 10-year anniversary edition. ps. Frozen Creek is one of my favs! and well, I'd need to check that re-mastered Juturna, didn't know it was significantly any different.

24. thesollopsist Jul 11, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 11, 2018)
    thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

I want this but I'm wary to purchase if they make it available in the UK.

I bought The Amulet and no idea if I had a bad pressing or what but it was a poor quality pressing and skips all the time. All my other records and my turntable never normally does this.

25. Saephon

Regular

Pre-ordered almost immediately. It's funny how when a band is known for being weird, the anomalous "produced, poppier" album is the "weird" one. And it's possibly my favorite.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.