Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Circa Survive Live in Denver (Throwback Thursday)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 5, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

For this week’s “Throwback Thursday,” I bring images captured of Circa Survive just a few years ago at the Ogden Theater in Denver, CO. I am probably one of the more atypical Anthony Green fans. I had never seen Circa perform live, and had never even listened to more than 15 seconds of their music before this night. And yet, Saosin’s Translating the Name was probably the most influential release for me in the early 2000’s. I know, I’m weird. However, getting to finally see Anthony perform was an experience. Anthony’s energy on stage is contagious. The moment he walks on stage you can just feel the aura he commands. I hope you enjoy this week’s gallery of some of my favorite images from that night.

Ogden Theater — Denver, CO (11/20/14)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    by David Gaslin

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    by David Gaslin

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    by David Gaslin

I was fortunate enough to be invited on the road with Saosin for Anthony’s triumphant return to the West Coast in 2014 and I will be sharing those galleries in the weeks to come.

2. Those are really awesome pictures. They look so cool live

3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I was supposed to go to this show! I can't remember why I missed it.

4. stories

lucid dreaming. Supporter

i know what you mean about his presence on stage. i saw him on his first solo tour with good old war and person l. he was such a genuine guy. he sat side stage and sang to all of good old war's songs even the rest of "weak man" which he had guest vocals on. he was so authentic the entire gig. unfortunately haven't seen him live since, but should some time.

5. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I've seen CS twice and these are probably some of my best memories to date!

Pictures are great! I hope you fell in love with them after that first show despite not listening to anything prior haha? ;P

6. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Sweet pictures, love these kinds of posts

7. davegaslin

I've now seen them a few times, this show which was right after Decensus came out, and then the Juturna 10 year

Thanks! Glad you like the series, we have plenty of plans to keep it going, so stay tuned!

Bartek T. and js977 like this.