Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Circa Survive / La Dispute / Queen of Jeans Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Aug 6, 2018.

1. fbrrocks

Trusted

Just bought a vip ticket bundle for nyc I haven’t seen this band since 2015 when they played CT

2. fbrrocks

Trusted

And it’s cheaper to buy vip ticket bundle then do ga and vip upgrade. It’s like 92 for ga and vip upgrade and bundle is 75, so that is if you want to do vip this tour.
    Plus I can’t do box office for nyc shows since I live in ct

3. MegT585

Trusted

Need that la dispute setlist from last night.

4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Only 1 BSN song is absolutely criminal

bachna84 and riotspray like this.
  5. Mason

Regular

Agreed. Not too bummed for missing this tour. Still might try to go see LD on their night off of this tour where its just them and QoJ. I get why they would play mainly only their new stuff, but I just never could get into it.

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

MegT585 and bachna84 like this.
  7. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

The setlists have looked so good for this tour. I'm so sad I can't make it.

8. stars143

Trusted

Their next tour is probably going to be a BSN 10 year tour.

joe.boy.fresh., bachna84 and Joe4th like this.
  9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

That's what I'm thinking. Especially with them only playing Get Out on this tour.

bachna84 likes this.
  10. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

La Dispute was so good last night with almost the perfect set. Made me wish they did a 10 Year Somewhere tour headliner instead. Couldn't really get into Queen of Jeans. Stayed for half the Circa Set and they sounded great.

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah La Dispute was amazing. Perfect setlist

12. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Well I regret missing most of Queen of Jeans because what I heard sounded great

13. TMS2787

Trusted

Forgot to post after the show last week… La Dispute was really good. Circa, on the other hand was very meh. The sound was muddy all night and Anthony’s vocals where so goddamn high, they are usually high but last week seemed to be unnormally high and I didn’t enjoy their set at all, I also think the encore choice was a really poor choice as well. Oh, well… everybody has off days at work.

14. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Anyone going to the LA Date of this: got moved from the Palladium to the Wiltern. ...which is a venue literally half the size. Wonder what happened there...maybe it way undersold? idk

15. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I went to the Portland show last night, it was so undersold that they didn't open the balcony (only seen that happen a few times), and even the floor wasn't completely full. They played the same venue on the last tour and I feel like that one was close to selling out, so it was weird.

16. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

last time in LA they played the shrine which is 5K cap. The Wiltern is 1800....

17. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Maybe because Circa only ever plays the same A markets

18. flask

Trusted Supporter

They've played in LA once and in some cases twice a year since 2011. Surprised it didn't drop off sooner.

19. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Last time Circa played LA was with thrice which I believe draws better than them. Also I don't think it helps that Circa played Pomona which is just outside LA earlier this year

20. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I saw Thrice last night, and will see Circa next week, but the Thrice show felt a little undersold and I'm assuming the Circa one will too. They both tour often and with bigger acts (ie: each other) so maybe they've just kind of saturated the market a bit. I'll never miss Thrice, but the only reason I'm going to the Circa show is cuz I got $5 tickets. Otherwise, I'd be waiting for a BSN tour.

21. Blue42

Circa has fucked their draw with all of their nostalgia tours. The old fans have already seen them play all of Juturna and On Letting Go in recent years, so why pay to see them unless you're really into the new stuff?

Compare that to Thrice, who sold out the same venue just a week prior. Thrice has never done a "10-year" of anything tour, but they do a great job switching up which old songs they play from tour to tour to keep the old fans coming.

I also overheard multiple people at that Circa show talking about how Circa was going to play The Amulet all the way through (which they didn't, obviously), so maybe dubbing the tour "The Amulet Tour" was a poor choice considering so many people just associate Circa with doing full album tours nowadays and didn't care to see the entire new album.

I'm a Circa fan, but Anthony should probably take a break for a while and/or go back to do another Saosin album.

stars143 and Cgarnsay like this.
  22. Mason

Regular

Id always be supportive of Anthony doing another Saosin album. I think the title of the tour was definitely part of the issue since it let people know that they are mainly going to be playing new songs, plus the underwhelming setlist and the fact that most fans have seen the older material performed before. I just can not get into the new album, I find it incredibly boring which is why I skipped this tour.

23. bkaeser93

Trusted

Went to this Wednesday night and it was a killer show but a lot less people then I thought would be there