Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Circa Survive Announce New Album; Release New Video • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 10, 2017.

1. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

This song is amazing and I have zero doubt that the record will be anything less.

Guys Named Todd likes this.
  2. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

it is great

but bands have been underperforming in sales on hopeless??

3. bloodinthesand

Regular

That voice at the beginning.....So good

4. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I wasn't too thrilled about it after my first listen, but after about three or four listens I'm all about this song. Definitely a grower for me.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  5. Mibabalou

MUFC / NYRB Prestigious

Anyone got hq art link?

6. lolfpcmlol

Regular

I love this. The last minute is so encapsulates everything I love about Circa. The guitar work is just beautiful. I also really dig the chaotic drumming throughout the verses.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  7. DesolateEarth

Birb

I loved Anthony on the new Saosin album last year but I can't seem to get into Circa sadly.

8. chris-wrecker

Trusted

Guess I'm in the minority, need to give it a few more spins, but it's not really hitting me

9. Honestly if you read the posts it's pretty 50/50. I think this is one of the weakest Circa songs I've ever heard.

10. austingordon

your local curmudgeon

Yeah, I'm definitely so-so on it as well. Decent song. Produced well. I like it a lot from an instrumental standpoint, and while Anthony's melodies are pretty, they just don't feel particularly inspired either.

chris-wrecker likes this.
  11. latortuga

Regular

Only releases from these guys that I dig are BSN and OLG. This one was okay for me. Listened on my way to work and I liked the beginning and verses but by the end I was just bored. I'll probably give the album a chance.

Ninja edit: Agree with the other poster that said they could benefit from less obtuse lyrics. I get that they're artists and get to do what they want but I have a hard time following along and relating to most Circa lyrics.

12. Iamhollywood315

Regular

solid track. expecting a great record.

13. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Track is alright, didn't really grab me on first listen. Descensus didn't stick with me much at all, but I'm still excited for anything these guys do.

14. fbrrocks

Trusted

i wish they stayed on Sumerian Records

15. inagreendase

Yellowcard, New Found Glory, Taking Back Sunday, Sum 41, the Used...all of these bands arguably peaked in their careers well before they signed, but they also have fairly safe floors.

16. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Based on what I've seen of you in other threads, I don't think you'd be into them. :poop:

17. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I'm honestly a little surprised that the reaction to the new song is as divided as it seems to be. I was immediately in love with it.

I mean, to be fair, I'm very biased because Circa is my favorite band, but still.

Gooddayz and Benjamin Lee like this.
  18. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

I've listened about ~7 times and its getter with more listens.
    Only complaint is it starts off at a high point and then doesn't quite get back to it. Would have loved another falsetto bridge

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  19. aniafc

Trusted

Yellowcard's last two albums didn't seem to do too hot. The last NFG record definitely didn't do well. The last TBS album surprisingly didn't sell well. Then Sum 41 was probably as good as they could have been, sales-wise

20. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Circa fans seem to be pretty heavily invested.
    Would be really surprised if this doesn't sell well. At least in regards to pre orders

21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Will listen after work but this band's last two records have really bored me other than one or two tracks. OLG and BSN are front to back jams though!