Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

CHVRCHES Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by GettingSodas, Apr 4, 2016.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Sounds pretty much like my show the following day, more of a Death Cab crowd. I think CHVRCHES converted most of them by the end of the set, though, enthusiasm & standing seemed to go up.

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Science/visions is hands down their worst song they play regularly. Don't like this one at all lol

3. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Yeah that was the one dud in their set. Even the guy's songs were fun live

4. cwhit

He's an excellent frontman, his songs live have always been fantastic. Both times I've seen them on new material, Clearest Blue was the clear highlight followed by Under The Tide

5. SteveLikesMusic

Disagree hard on this, I like when this band gets weirder, song has a cool vibe. Also, it works a million times better in a dark club than an outdoor venue when its still light outside haha.

Night_Sky and whitenblue88 like this.
  6. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Science/visions is a top 3 song on Bones

7. cwhit

one of my least favorites, i don't think the melody in that song is good at all.
    plus if you say it's top three, then you're saying it's better than some of tether, the mother we share, gun, recover, night sky, lungs (which i just realized they didn't play either of those last two), which totally isn't true. getting either of those last two over science/visions would make a far better set

8. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Idk, for me, the mother we share, gun, night sky, recover, and science/visions are the clear top 5 of that album in whatever order. I've never really understood the hate on science/visions, when there's a couple others I'd much quicker say are my least favorite on the album.

9. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

"We Sink" is def the best song on the debut.

10. Deathco_019

Drummer

The Mother We Share, Gun, Tether, Recover, and Night Sky Are my top 5. I like Science/Visions, but it's closer to the bottom for me. I'll take it over Under The Tide, Lungs, and You Caught The Light though.

11. cwhit

other than lungs, i pretty much agree. lungs is great.
    under the tide is elevated by the fact that it's unbelievable live though

12. Deathco_019

Drummer

Definitely agree that Under The Tide really comes to life live. I haven't listened to the album in a while so maybe I'll have a different opinion on Lungs whenever I return to it.

13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

"Night Sky" still easily their best song for me.

14. cwhit

i always say "nice guy" because it sounds like that even though i know it's not

whitenblue88 likes this.
  15. bodkins

Trusted

While not my favorite song of theirs, I liked Science/Visions live last fall. It was a departure from the rest of their set, but in a really cool way.

Seeing them Wednesday with Death Cab!

16. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

"Science/Visions" is definitely a waste of space in their set list imo.

17. junkmanserenade

Where are your friends tonight?

18. SteveLikesMusic

Yeaaaa Ben was kinda rambly in the first half but I enjoyed the 2nd half.

19. Barresi Jun 13, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 13, 2016)
    Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Science/Visions was the highlight of their set when I saw them the week before Bones came out. It kind of falls flat now, which is strange.

Still a top three song on that album for me, though.

20. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

science/visions doesn't fit their show's mood imo, We Sink should def be there instead.

Gun is still their best song though. it's it, Clearest Blue, Empty Threat, Leave a Trace and High Enough to Carry You Over for me, although Get Away and Warning Call could be there on any other day. they have some amazing b-sides

21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

22. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

its crazy how i think this song is kinda 'meh'........ until Hayley's verse haha

23. SteveLikesMusic

Video rules.

24. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

not a fan of this song

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum