Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

CHVRCHES Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by GettingSodas, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Ibesmokin

Can you guys tell me the most likely songs they'll play live besides their singles? Liked their debut, but this new album will stick with me longer I think (can't quite put my finger on it)

2. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I love this band so much. Every Open Eye was my favorite album last year and The Bones of What You Believe would have been my favorite in 2013 if wasn't for Paramore.

3. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Seeing them tonight for the first time

4. bobby_runs

They were great live. Lauren has stepped up her game from before (based off of videos). The video screens they have create an awesome light show. Only downside is that at times Lauren's vocals are hard to hear over the music. Not sure if it's the way the songs are being written or her power. But not a huge complaint at all.

5. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

can't get over how good of a pop song "Gun" is. i mean, it's literally perfect for what it is. might've surpassed "Empty Threat" as my favorite song of theirs now.

6. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

I can't believe I'm only just finding this thread.

I think Afterglow is the best song they've recorded, but Night Sky is my favorite.

7. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I really want the new BVRY IT shirt they released with RISE ABOVE on the back

8. bobby_runs

I was looking at that too when I saw them last week.

9. Meerkat

They didn't have it when I saw them. Kind of wish I bought the snapback, but I'm not sure how often I'd actually wear it

10. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

This was from their show last night and I don't know if it's better or worse not knowing the context.

11. Threads

Regular Prestigious

I hope Down Side of Me gets played live sometime during this record era. I remember reading something about it being harder to perform so that's why it hasn't been done but it's the only song from the album that hasn't been played yet.

12. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I need that Bury It shirt. Super tempted.

13. Meerkat

I was really surprised to hear "Afterglow" live because there's a ton of open space and Lauren doesn't seem to have a super strong sense of time. Or at least she didn't when I saw them.

Threads likes this.
  14. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Who's on the Coachella stream watching them perform right now?

15. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

My thoughts exactly.

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Joe likes this.
  17. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Another flawless track IMO. This band is so far removed from what I usually listen to but I just can't get enough.

FTank likes this.
  18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

19. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

They can do no wrong in my book

redwing91007 likes this.
  20. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Holy FUCK this song is so good. On repeat.

21. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

:hearteyes:

22. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Super song.

23. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

yeah this is a choice cut, they have a nice lil non-album collection growing

24. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Gotta hear it when I get home. I saw them play their two soundtrack songs last summer which was awesome. They were out of the set list by the time the Every Open Eye tour came by so I'm glad I got to see them when I did.

25. bodkins

Trusted

Both records are fantastic. Martin and Iain are the master synthesists of our era, and Lauren has been on a steady incline upwards both live and on this new record. Saw them in Charlotte last fall and they CRUSHED it.