Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chvrches - Love Is Dead (May 25, 2018) Album • Page 17

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Feb 26, 2018.

1. jorbjorb

7 rings

had more time with this and I really like it.

2. shea May 29, 2018
    (Last edited: May 29, 2018)
    shea

RIP Supporter

Play a bunch of new songs on this.

Edit: And it's the first time I'm seeing the old stuff with the live drummer. I dig it.

Night_Sky likes this.
  3. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Really liking this album. My favorites are Graffiti, Get Out, and Graves. I only listened to Heaven/Hell once so far, it was fine but I don't see it as one of the best or anything, it'll probably grow on me though. Like others have said, God's Plan doesn't really need to be on there, but it's fine.

I never really was a fan of CHVRCHES in the past (I only knew a couple songs by them anyway) but when they came out with Get Out I couldn't stop listening to it and then began checking out some of their other stuff.

4. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I was on the fence after my first listen, but after blasting this on my commutes to/from work today, I’m happy to report that I’m 100% in on this album

Nate_Johnson and shea like this.
  5. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

6. manoverboard365

Trusted

Fair score.

7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

higher than i would give it

OotyPa and unbornwhiskey like this.
  8. username

hey you lil piss baby

junk score, record's good, etc

9. Jim

Trusted Supporter

same, i think i dislike it more each time i listen. just not for me.

10. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

I've been the complete opposite, growing on me more and more. I do think the front half of the record is much stronger though.

manoverboard365 and whitenblue88 like this.
  11. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Whaaaaat. It’s all about Miracle, Graves, Heaven/Hell, and Wonderland.

12. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

it has never been all about "miracle"

13. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i like the second half more myself but that's bc i don't really like any of the singles

14. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

I think I might just need more time with the 2nd half, it's not sticking quite yet. I do still enjoy it more than most based on what I've been reading here.

15. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Even p4k recognizes the importance of Really Gone.

Night_Sky likes this.
  16. Night_Sky

Regular

My sweaty mug is all over this stream, was a fun set that was hindered by technical difficulties that effected the mix both on stream and there on the night. I've been told that the people towards the back of the room couldn't hear anything clearly at at all but from the front it was decent enough.

Nate_Johnson and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  17. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

The front half of this is wearing a little bit for me I think, but I think it really picks up after the low point of Miracle. I actually really like God's Plan even

arewhyayein likes this.
  18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Rihanna cover

19. SteveLikesMusic

Hearing this band acoustic is both weird and lovely.

20. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Lauren sounds really good on both these songs

21. Mandala

Would You Still Be In Love?

I've only listened to this album once, but it really plodded along and was not very memorable from song to song aside from Get Out due to it's obnoxiously repetitive chorus

22. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i like this record and Miracle is one of my favs and you can kiss my whole entire ass!

23. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

I listened to all 3 albums in a row the other day and the direct comparison made me even more bummed about this record.

There's just so many red flags surrounding this. Why all these questionable outside producers? Why are they releasing My Enemy as a single when its not obvious single material? And why even recruit Matt as a feature when you have a guy in the band perfectly suited for those vocals? (I hate to make these takes, but gottta assume its for the clicks...).

They've shown their talented enough to let their music speak for themselves. This feels like an ill-advised attempt at a home run swing to the next stage of their career.

Still pumped to see them in philly tho :-)

Barresi likes this.
  24. username

hey you lil piss baby

I'm pretty sure they've stated multiple times that Martin was uncomfortable singing a breakup duet with Lauren.

25. SteveLikesMusic

Kind of a weird / lame excuse imo. So many bands with both male and female vocalists that are able to remove personal reasons from signing together.