Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chvrches - Love Is Dead (May 25, 2018) Album • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Feb 26, 2018.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Not gonna lie, pretty let down by my first listen. Deliverance is rad though. Never Say Day is far and away my favorite track still. I liked the live versions of Graffiti, Forever, God’s Plan more than the studio tracks.

I’ll probably change my mind in a few hours.

2. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Fuccccckkkk

3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

another boring Martin song I'll always skip.

azzy01, FTank and kbeef2 like this.
  4. SpyKi

Overall I like this more than I thought I was going to. I think it's a step down from EOE and it doesn't have the highs of the first album either but I enjoy the majority of it.

5. SteveLikesMusic

I love God’s Plan!

Feeling this more already. Was just really thrown off by the poppiness, especially the vocals. I didn’t expect Lauren to belt it out so much.

6. jorbjorb

7 rings

can't wait to listen to this tomorrow.

7. SpyKi

I just don't enjoy Martin as a vocalist at all and his songs are always boring to me.

Lauren's vocals are my favourite thing about this, ha.

8. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

I am sure some songs/the whole thing will eventually grow on me because it's absolutely not bad, but... this is so much worse than their first two records that I just don't find myself engaged at all right now. Welp

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

OotyPa likes this.
  10. SteveLikesMusic

They really are fantastic, I’ve just listened to this band entirely too much over the last couple years...so my idea of what CHVRCHES is supposed to sound like is too engrained in my brain. Just gonna take getting used to.

11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

wow i really cannot get into this at all. sounds super generic and plain to my ears.

drewinseries likes this.
  12. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Putting it on shortly. I'm really excited for this!

13. SteveLikesMusic

Deliverance is my jammmmmmmmm

14. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Lauren shouldn't have posted that response. People are going to say she can't handle criticism, but it is what it is.

Looking forward to this tomorrow, but I suppose I'll go in with some lowered expectations considering the feedback in here. I'm just looking for an album that catches me like Bones did when it came out.

15. SteveLikesMusic

Even though I agree with her that a lot of music journalism is trash, it’s not a very coherent response.

OotyPa and sophos34 like this.
  16. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Not really feeling much of this other than the first couple songs, unfortunately

17. Jusscali

All very sad news :(

18. Jusscali

Hmm opener and deliverance are great. So that's a good start.

19. Jusscali

I hope deliverance gets pushed. It could be a hit I think.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  20. I'm glad I saw them on the tour for their first album. That's the only one I like. I might not even get around to this new one after these reviews... I'm very lukewarm on them now.

21. Jusscali

I'm in such a poppier mood lately, so this works for me. I like darker pop, but this works. Forever is good too.

22. Jusscali

Graves is the first misstep for me. Not terrible, just meh. Unfortunately I've worn the shit out of the singles.

23. SteveLikesMusic

I really wish I handnt overplayed the singles to death. Would be way more stoked on the album today haha.
    Graves is an iffy one for me too. Chorus reminds me of Coheed - The Suffering.

Man I wish they would’ve played Deliverance at the show last Sat now! They better add it to the set at some point.

24. shea

RIP Supporter

I really like this on my first run through. Bummed so many people aren't digging it, but I'm not as high on the new Now, Now as (seemingly) everyone else, so I get it.

navidson likes this.
  25. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I like this. Some of the music is pretty vanilla sounding but there are some huge choruses on here. Heaven/Hell and Wonderland are early favorites