Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Christopher Robin (Marc Forster, August 3, 2018) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Mar 6, 2018.

1. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Watched this again tonight and I seriously love this movie. I wasn't even a big Winnie the Pooh kid growing up, but this hit all the right notes for me. Plus the cinematography is just downright gorgeous. I really don't understand the mediocre reception to this at all.

zachmacD and Connor like this.
  2. zachmacD

Trusted

That was heartbreaking.

I absolutely loved this. It felt like seeing an old friend again, and the movie was almost soul cleansing.

Connor and Mrplum5089 like this.
  3. zachmacD

Trusted

I used to absolutely love Winnie the Pooh growing up. My siblings were much older so I grew up like an only child and was very lonely. Pooh and the gang were like my imaginary friends

When I was 8 or 9, I had a dream that my parents and I stumbled into an old tv store. On one of the TVs, an old recording was playing of me playing with Winnie the Pooh through the years as I was growing up.

The video/Dream ended with a very small Winnie the Pooh standing inside a hat that was laying on the ground. He looked at mom and me and said “thank you for letting me play and grow up with him” my mom then said “no Winnie the Pooh, thank you” and the dream ended with Winnie the Pooh walking into the hat and disappearing similar to when he walked through the tree into the woods. I woke up absolutely devastated and it felt like the end of my childhood lol

This movie almost made up for that

Garrett L., Connor and Mrplum5089 like this.
  4. drewinseries

Drew

This was a wonderful time. Part of me wishes that the rest of the gang didn't make it to London, and Madeline bringing Christopher the papers made him realize what he was losing, and he took time off and spent time with his family at the cottage and Madeline ended up stumbling into the 100 acre wood., but either way, I loved this. Want to see it again.

zachmacD, Connor and Mrplum5089 like this.
  5. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Wow, this was great. I left the theater in such a good mood. Definitely better than the reviews show

6. coleslawed Aug 7, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 8, 2018)
    coleslawed

Eat Pizza

this was delightful.

I'm assuming watching Goodbye, Christopher Robin will explain his dad's coldness when they dropped him off at boarding school?

7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

all of those reviewers who said it was bad are wooozles because i cried so much and if i cry it is good

sophos34, Zach, David Parke and 8 others like this.
  8. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

This was very refreshing.

Connor likes this.
  9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I enjoyed it once it got going. The 20 minutes of exposition at the beginning were pretty dull though

I was also a little disappointed that Rabbit and Piglet didn't get their usual voice actors

10. Lucas27

Trusted

I can’t explain why but it does my heart so much good to see someone toss out woozle as an insult.

Can’t wait to finally see this. Trust this forum way more than reviews.

coleslawed, Mrplum5089 and Connor like this.
  11. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Really enjoyed this! Nostalgia wrapped up in a blanket.

Connor and Mrplum5089 like this.
  12. CobraKidJon

some lady was at my work today on the phone and someone had asked her if she wanted to see Christopher Robin. She was like "oh I'm not into those kind of movies. I love DRAMAS."

I uttered to myself "she is a woozle"

13. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

MoviePass finally let me see this and holy shit I am dehydrated from crying and my face hurts from smiling. This movie was perfect and I will personally fight any critic who says otherwise

coleslawed likes this.
  14. Lucas27

Trusted

15. CobraKidJon

I call everyone a woozle now

coleslawed, Connor and Lucas27 like this.
  16. Lucas27

Trusted

Ferrari333SP, coleslawed and Connor like this.
  17. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I saw this last Sunday and completely loved it. Pooh was so sweet and I was emotionally connected throughout. A lovely film.

18. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Finally saw this today and I agree with everyone. What a wonderful film. The film just looked great and emotionally hit all the right notes. I really can't believe that some critics hated this.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  19. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yeah, I can't believe the critical perspective as well. I was hanging out with my brother-in-law yesterday and he was surprised that I'd been to see it and that I enjoyed it. "The critics said it was really bad" was all he could say - he couldn't seem to fathom that I'd enjoyed it.

For this kind of film I much prefer hearing what people on these forums have to say rather than a critical review. It's all about the emotion and the nostalgia and the atmosphere those create - they can be hard to see when you're approaching things with a critical eye and a view to writing an interesting article about a film.

The film did exactly what it needed to do. Yes, we've had the jaded man who needs to rediscover his childhood before but it definitely succeeded in capturing the magic of A.A. Milne in my opinion!

coleslawed and Blimp City Hero like this.
  20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Fantastic film; hit all the right feels. Cinematography is absolutely incredible throughout. Beautiful soundtrack too

21. Zach Nov 12, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 12, 2018)
    Zach

Trusted Supporter

Yeah this was good, never cared for Pooh as a kid really, but this was just a really great film. Pooh was funny as hell

Jason Tate and awakeohsleeper like this.
  22. dlemert

Trusted

This was...fine. Paddington has ruined talking cgi bears for me forever tbh.

23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

this made me cry several times. legitimately one of my favorites movies i have ever seen. i grew up on pooh and had to text my mom immediately after i finished

24. zachmacD

Trusted

I agree. It was soul cleansing

25. drewinseries Apr 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 16, 2019)
    drewinseries

Drew

I forget what line it was, but when pooh was like "did you forget about me christopher robin" i made that awful trying not to cry holding it in sound in the theater. Sometimes I envy my fiance who was just streaming tears the entire time. I tried to hold it in and almost exploded.

EDIT: It was "did you let me go"