Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Christina Grimmie Fatally Shot

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Washington Post, reporting on the death of The Voice singer, Christina Grimmie:

“Words cannot begin to describe the pain I am feeling,” Grimmie’s manager, Brian Teefey, said in a statement. “I learned this business through the eyes of a father, and Christina was like a second daughter to me. All I wanted to do was assist her in achieving her musical dreams while protecting her from the pitfalls associated with the business.

2. ARo24 Jun 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 12, 2016)
    ARo24

Regular

It's so depressing waking up every day to hear about these things. She had an awesome voice and I'm sure she was an even better person. RIP Christina.

Raku likes this.
  3. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Is this at all connected with last night's shootings, or is it just an awful coincidence?

4. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

This took place a day or two ago. So this and what happened in Orlando early this morning are completely separate incidents.

5. sammyboy516 Jun 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 12, 2016)
    sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

The small Christian high school I went to is also my church and many people there knew her personally. Her close friends and family are all over my Facebook feed expressing their heartbreak. It's awful.

6. fbrrocks

Trusted

This really hit me and I was crying Friday night and sat morning and I still do when it comes up.
    Can't believe a saw her and met her in March and then a few months later she gets shot and killed. This is the first celeb/singers death that really really hit me hard idk if can ever get over it

7. jellyfishfossil

Regular

God bless you on your journey, zeldaxlove64.

After discovering her videos in 2011 and keeping up with her success and video uploads, this death took a number on me. I sort of felt like I watched her grow up.

Luroda and St. Nate like this.
  8. matthewroberthaag

I went to high school with her and her brother. She was such a kind, genuine person. I just don't understand why this had to happen. Heartbreaking.

9. Luroda

Consistently Lurking

I... :verysad::verysad::verysad:

10. jorbjorb

7 rings

horrible weekend.

11. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

On top of being a great musician, she was a truly great person. What a loss.

12. reid

@joemochas

This happened Friday night, no connection with the club one. The club attack was on Saturday night starting around 2am. I was there on Friday. Saturday, I live 1.4 miles from that club and drive past it all the time. Shit's crazy down here.

13. Lucas27

Trusted

This is so painful to me. It's even more so with the subsequent shooting in Orlando which was obviously far worse, but this still hits so close to home. I've been following Christina since The Voice and I've fallen in love with her videos and her sweet personality. As far as celebrities go, this is the closest I've felt to an actual friend passing away.

14. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

I honestly had never heard of her before this but it's such a terribly sad tragedy :(

15. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

Heartbreaking. RIP Christina