Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Christina Aguilera - Liberation (June 15, 2018) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 3, 2018.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I hope she is aware that since she hasn't toured in so long that this will be the only chance for some of us to see her and that she'll play longer but idddddkkkkkk. Her runs alone will prob be the equivalent to like 5 more songs she could have played instead lmao. I just need her to pay stripped justice (tho I like to think she would since it was around her heyday) like if she can at least do Walk Away for me I would die.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  2. Kiana

ChiliTacos likes this.
  3. Kiana

I listened to Lotus again for the first time in forever and it's not as bad I have it in my head. It's kinda uninspired and sounds like she recorded it in a cardboard box so it's not great, but it has some jams. The chorus to Circles is so fun. Circles and Make Over have me thinking she would front such a good punk band don't @ me

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

5. Kiana

Right before I was gonna go to bed siiiiiiis but omg I forgot this was out tomorrow. Last night at the gym I listened to her and almost had one of my I wanna cry because I'm so blessed by her existence moments lol.

6. Kiana Jun 14, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 14, 2018)
    Kiana

Omggggg I'm slain 5 seconds in (skipping the tracks I've already heard tho). Sis is searching for Maria and already experimenting vocally

Im only a few songs in but I'm genuinely surprised by how much she's experimenting with different sounds and vocal techniques. The songs she released before the album made me feel like she was gonna just go for generic which makes me kinda annoyed she/her team chose the songs she did to try and generate buzz. With her away for so long she should've shown people versatility and something new. Sick of sittin is rly different and fun for her imo the instruments are rly cool and refreshing.

7. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

@Kiana what are your thoughts on this as a whole?

8. Kiana

Im a fan! It's no Stripped lyrically or Back to Basics musically but I think it's more current than her last 2 albums. It's not groundbreaking but still feels fresh which I was worried about since she notoriously sits on tracks for years before releasing them. I enjoy the back half more than the front half. I appreciate how she tried some new things vocally. She still has a few aaaaahhhhwwwwoauauauauah runs haha but there are also songs like Searching for Maria and Pipe where she is doing some rly different and beautiful things with her voice. Usually even if it's the first time I've heard a new song I can predict what kind of run she'll do and when, but there were a few times I was wrong. Like she wasn't trying so hard to overcompensate and prove her voice - she seemed more comfortable in it. I enjoy her intros and interludes because I think it ties it all together and makes it more coherent thematically. She didn't give me an iconic empowerment anthem which was kinda disappointing but sis has delivered like minimum 2 each album so I can forgive her for not doing it this one time ha. The whole album gave me the vibe that she's more at peace now which makes me happy for her!

iCarly Rae Jepsen and ChiliTacos like this.
  9. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

glad you're enjoying, you deserve it lmao.

i've only listened to a couple songs (needed to hear that other kanye produced track) but i'm gonna save the whole thing for when my wife gets home from chicago tomorrow. hoping for good things.

Kiana likes this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

"sometimes I don't think I deserve you so I say some fucked up shit just to hurt you" go in Xtina

like she always sound amazing but I have to say sis sounds amazing

11. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

I get a lot of Lemonade vibes from this at times which is very much a good thing!

Petit nain des Îles and Kiana like this.
  12. Kiana

That track messes me up. It's my favorite.

Sick of sittin is lemonade for sure!

13. Kiana

Lol thank you! It's hard being her #1 fan sometimes so I'm glad I didn't get Lotus'd again. Tho I recently listened to Lotus and didn't hate it as much as I thought but ugh it's so dated and the production or mixing or something is so trash.

Now I'm hyped for the tour and wish I had front row lol

14. Kiana

This is her highest reviewed album on metacritic which is ridic. Stripped has a lower rating than Bionic and lotus wtf lol sis has been done dirrty her entire career!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I feel like music criticism about pop is probably just really bad unless it's like MJ or Bruno where the dudes who write music reviews would be into it

That or I wrote a bunch of reviews of Bionic and don't recall

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Kiana likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Kiana likes this.
  19. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

my wife and i went to the tour in chicago last night, had so much fun. seeing christina live has (literally) been on her bucket list since 7th grade, so it was awesome that she finally got to do it. she had to cancel the last two dates because she's sick, so we got pretty lucky. she was clearly still sick but crushed it anyways. it was so cute seeing her sniffling and wiping her nose every time she pulled the mic away :crylaugh:

20. Kiana

Lmao ppl keep posting clips of her show and I can never tell what song she's doing cause the runs are so crazy

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  21. Kiana Oct 28, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 28, 2018)
    Kiana

Saw her last night. Had tried not looking at setlists beforehand for spoilers. I do know some ppl were complaining about the what a girl wants/come on over mash up thing but as a not huge fan of the first album I was like yas sis get that outta the way! Genie performance with that theme was also kinda sus. I lost it when she played Elastic Love and Bionic and Woohoo. I thought she was gonna pay Bionic dust. Also didn't expect her to play Keep on Singing My Song which was amazing. I just find her so powerful like I know she's tiny but she just comes off so big and assertive and confident that it was rly inspiring. She was super cute. Ugly af stage outfits tho but not surprising cause she's always been tacky af lmao. Someone proposed on stage and it was suuuuper awkward like he took a really long time and it was just weird. Xtina was like "...." cause he took so long. The weirdest part of the whole set was that she ended the show on a Lotus track randomly like idk why she didn't end it on Beautiful but sis dgaf

Also I was gonna get her pink hoodie but decided it was too expensive so I didn't but now I regret it and it's not on her site RIP :tear:

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

[​IMG]

oh man same venue as Gwen Stefani so couldn't do both

23. Kiana

I am pressed af cause I'm gonna go broke with concerts this summer already! Ugh I regret agreeing to see Train/Goo Goo Dolls with a friend cause then Jimmy eat world announced and now xtina smh!!

24. Tomnook satm Feb 25, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 26, 2021)
    Tomnook satm

The Thirty-year-old Grammy winner declared her decision about leaving the hit NBC singing competition show and she announced that she is not willing to continue as a coach on "The Voice" show. Even though people have different opinions about the show, some audience raise concerns that this show is all about judges and not about contestants. Despite the confusions, Christina revealed the reason behind her decision for quitting. When reporting to people magazine she told that working on her new album "Liberation" has ignited some personal issues. Also, she reveals that she felt the television network was not the right fit for her career anymore.

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

is this a wikipedia entry