Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chris Stapleton Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Manning, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

There wasn't a thread for him yet, and that didn't seem right.

I got Traveller on vinyl a few months ago. I think I can count on one hand the songs that sound more magical on wax than the title track.

2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I'm a sucker for the title track lately

3. Craig Manning

I think I've settled on that being my favorite track. I was split between that, "Fire Away," "Parachute," and "When the Stars Come Out" for awhile. And then the CMAs happened and I listened to "Tennessee Whiskey" on repeat for like a week.

4. cshadows2887

Oh "Fire Away" will always be my favorite on the record. Nothing's gonna pass it. That last chorus when everything drops out and he holds that note for an eternity is amazing

5. Craig Manning

Oh man, yeah, that's an amazing moment. The first five songs are legitimately flawless. If the record weren't so long, it would have had an outside chance at my AOTY title last year. As is though, a terrific album with a fair handful of some of my favorite songs in recent memory. Supposedly, he's already working on the second album/has some studio time booked with Dave Cobb in between tour dates.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  6. cshadows2887

Here's hoping he keeps his head down and takes the next step. You never know how artists will respond to blowing up

7. Craig Manning

True. He seems like a pretty humble guy though, and like he's making music for all the right reasons.

8. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

As someone who's not really into country, I loved Traveller. Can't wait for the new one.

Chase Tremaine and cshadows2887 like this.
  9. cshadows2887

Gateway drug!

Craig Manning and Chase Tremaine like this.
  10. He's right, it's just a gateway drug. Don't fight it.

11. Craig Manning

If you wants recs for country along the same lines as Stapleton, just let me know. I listed a bunch of my current favorites in the country thread.

12. Serh Mar 19, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 24, 2016)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm with you. It took his SNL performance (in conjunction w/ his duet w/ JT, showing up on all kinds of EOTY, and Craig's recommendation) for me to finally take the album out for a spin. Can safely assume I'd love plenty more of the genre if I enjoyed Traveller as much as I did.

Craig Manning and Chase Tremaine like this.
  13. cshadows2887

Oh, Seth. The places we will go.

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

15. Smittzerland

I like the most recent releases from Kacey Musgraves, Brandi Carlile, and I'll throw the new Brian Fallon in there as well (more Americana-ish). Would love recommendations based off of these.

16. cshadows2887

Jason Isbell - Southeastern
    Ashley Monroe - The Blade
    Ryan Adams - Ryan Adams

17. Smittzerland

I'll go check these out. Thanks a bunch!

cshadows2887 likes this.
  18. I'd be very hard-pressed to beat those three rec's from @cshadows2887. So feel free to prioritize those, then later on you can try Hard Settle, Ain't Troubled by Donovan Woods, Small Town Dreams by Will Hoge, Down to My Last Bad Habit by Vince Gill, and I'll go ahead and also tack on outlier Please Come Home by Dustin Kensrue

19. Smittzerland

I'll add these onto my Spotify queue! Thank you.

20. cshadows2887

How did I forget that Vince Gill record? I've been stumping for him for so long!

21. I forgive you.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  22. cshadows2887

23. I think we discussed this once a long time ago. I like nearly everything I've heard from him, but I haven't heard all of his 90's albums. The main 90's album I'm familiar with is The Key.

24. cshadows2887

We may have. I like The Key. Less than When I Call Your Name and I Still Believe in You though