Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chris Garneau – “Overexposure” (Song Premiere)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Today I’m thrilled to bring everyone the latest single from Chris Garneau called “Overexposure.” The track was co-produced by Benoit Bel (Kate Nash, Will Oldham, Bjork) and focuses on the vulnerability felt after a break-up. On the single, Garneau shared:

This song is about the absence of a lover, the pain of separation, and how a break-up can haunt the heart over the years. I wanted to capture a narrator who longs for a past that glimmered with hope and affection. His desire to ‘go back to that feeling’ is a wish to return to his faith in love and to abandon the regret and despair that now washes over him. Like a haunting spell, the repetitive, circular motion of the melody reflects a sense of overexposing yourself to loss. These thoughts can inundate and torture a person’s mind and take over. This state of entrapment makes me think of someone who continues to press down on a bruise and prevent it from healing.

If you’re ready to get hurt, and fall in love all over again with Chris Garneau, you’ve come to the right place.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.