Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chris Cornell Passes Away • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 18, 2017.

1. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

3. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

awful news

R.I.P.

4. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

He was <the> era when grunge hit in 91. Sure, when Kurt passed away, that was huge. When Weiland did (and Hoon and Layne), they werent as 'news worthy'. This has made waves with a lot of my friends today.

If you're in the mid 40s, like me, when grunge hit, it was <THE> time for music for us.... When emo and punk were big, when it was ccalled 'new wave' or 'post modern'.... when MTV played music videos....

Sub Pop was big. Nirvana/Pearl Jam were big.. and Soundgarden hit... Big Dumb Sex.... god....

bd007h and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  5. DooDooBird

Trusted

Man, this is absolutely devastating news. Cornell was among the greatest rock vocalists of all time in my book. He certainly had some chops.

6. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Audioslave will be dominating my speakers today.

7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit. This is totally unexpected. I was only a casual fan, but this is still crazy. R.I.P.

8. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

wtf. RIP Chris

9. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

I can't begin to overstate what a huge influence this man and his music had on me. I'm crushed right now. Only got to see Soundgarden once on that dream tour with Nine Inch Nails a couple years back, but I'll never forget the elation of finally getting to see them in person. Prayers go out to Chris' family, bandmates and loved ones.

bd007h likes this.
  10. The man had a voice of an angel.

11. ellie117

south jersey. Supporter

Rest in peace :(

12. Slave to the Grind May 18, 2017
    (Last edited: May 19, 2017)
    Slave to the Grind

With Cobain, Weiland, Staley, Hoon and Wood everyone could see what would happen with them in the end, still incredibly sad. But, Cornell always seemed like the survivor of that group, the one that cleaned up and turned his life around before it was too late. Unbelievably shocking.

13. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Ive seen tweets from some musicians comment on his passing, but no one from Nirvana or Pearl Jam yet.... Im sure soon, if not already..... I can't imagine whats going through their heads. :/

14. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Came here to say this. Incredible voice, lucky we still get to hear it in his recordings, but I'll always regret never seeing him live.

beachdude42 likes this.
  15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Couldn't believe this news when I woke up. Was a big Soundgarden fan growing up and liked a lot of Audioslave as well. So sad.

bd007h likes this.
  16. CheapPop

Regular

God damn. When I woke up around 7 am EASY to get ready for work, the first thing I read was this news. Thought it was a hoax, but then I oggled it and saw people like Rolling Stone reporting it and knew it had to be true.

Soundgarden was one of the first grunge bands I ever got into when I was younger, my dad had all their albums, and played them in the car all the time.

I remember when the local rock station premiered the first Audioslave single on the radio, and being blown away. That first Audioslave album is just a classic.

I'm glad I got to see Soundgarden on tour a few years ago. I didn't think it would be the last time, though.

Thank you Chris, for everything.

17. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

ETA: Dave Navarro tweeted already.

18. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

RIP to a modern icon - this is definitely a tough one.

19. Junction183

bd007h likes this.
  20. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

Thank You for the Music Chris... RIP :tear:

21. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Such an incredible talent. RIP Chris :verysad:

bd007h likes this.
  22. JM95

Trusted

Terrible news.

23. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Horrible, horrible stuff. RIP.

24. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

This one gutted me. Some of my formative years getting into music were spent with Audioslave and Soundgarden. He was my favorite vocalist for a long time and we have lost one of the best. RIP Chris.

beachdude42 and Anthony Brooks like this.
  25. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

While Soundgarden never hit me as hard as the other 90s alt/grunge bands, they definitely were in rotation. In fact I just blasted through Badmotorfinger a couple months ago at a family party. RIP.

And fuck, Dillinger Escape Plan was opening for them on this tour as well :(