Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chris Cheney & Phil Jamieson Will Star in the Aussie Run ‘American Idiot’ Musical

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Chris Cheney of The Living End and Phil Jamieson of Grinspoon will be playing the lead cast members in the Australian run of the American Idiot musical.

The Aussie rockers will both take on the role of St Jimmy in the Brisbane shows, a role Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong performed on occasion throughout the musical’s North American run. Cheney will play the role from February 23rd to 26th and Jamieson will take over from February 28th.

2. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I'm a huge Green Day fan BUT this musical was just SO hokey and didn't really work.

3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Good for the Living End dude. I wish that band caught on more in the states.

Schooner likes this.
  4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'm not a huge fan of the musical either even though Green Day is my favorite band, but it won a ton of Tonys so the Broadway community seems to really embrace it

5. Schooner

Trusted

Gee. I hate musicals but that would tempt me. Chris Cheney is a helluva guitarist and Grinspoon are always fun. Would be tough to pick which night

6. Tata Toothy

Regular

I was actually able to see the living end this past November in cambridge mass and man it was awesome. I think one there biggest problems was they hate touring in the USA and don't come over very often so a lot of people forgot all about them. But I will say the fan base that live in the US are diehard fans.

Schooner likes this.
  7. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

That makes sense if they never really pushed for this market. I wish I got to see them live.