Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus Zoom Hangouts?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by djwildefire, Jan 23, 2021.

1. djwildefire

Trusted

I just had the thought the other day that it could be really fun to connect with other Chorus members over Zoom, especially during this period where so many are socially isolated.

I haven’t worked out the details in terms of how frequently these would be and whether they’d be free-form or centered on a certain topic (like discussing a classic album). So I wanted to gauge interest and get feedback on how this idea could work. I don’t have a premium Zoom account...I’m not sure if there are more reliable video chat options.

Anyway, would anyone be interested in trying this out?

waking season, Ken and Kyle Max like this.
  2. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

I’d be interested! Thanks for proposing this.

djwildefire likes this.
  3. djwildefire

Trusted

Awesome! Cool, hope we can get at least a couple others interested and then we can work on the details:-)

summertimejesus likes this.
  4. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

@Dirty Sanchez has told me he would be interested but didn't see the thread, so I am tagging him.

5. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

I am down~

djwildefire likes this.
  6. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’m also down for this!

djwildefire likes this.
  7. djwildefire

Trusted

Alright cool, I mean I don’t think we need too many people to get this started, although of course the more the merrier. I’ve just found that once you get more than 10 people on a zoom call, conversation can be hard.

Ideas on whether to leave it open-ended or go in with some sort of topic? And do any of y’all have a premium zoom account? Not absolutely necessary I don’t think but would be nice. Then we can start discussing possible dates and times for the first hangout!

@waking season @summertimejesus @Ken @Kyle Max @thenewmatthewperry @Dirty Sanchez

Ken likes this.
  8. KeynDooee

Living Legend

I have a premium Zoom account and all the Jackbox packs.

9. djwildefire

Trusted

In the next couple days, I’ll either post a doodle poll in this thread or link to a new poll thread so we can figure out when works best for people. In the meantime, feel free to post any ideas y’all have about this. Jackbox would be fun!

10. KeynDooee

Living Legend

I'm hosting a Zoom trivia night around 8 PM on 2/20 with all my buddies. You're welcome to join! Hit my private messages for detail. Bonus points if you have a significant other as mine is tired of bro-centric events.