Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

chorus.fm Slays the Dragon... or Dies Trying (D&D Campaign) • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Shrek, Jun 29, 2017.

1. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

wooo lots of good info. I'll work on mine too, will wait for those custom forms. Will probably definitely DM some questions I remember being fairly lost last time I tried making one haha.

electro haikus and Joe4th like this.
  2. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

got the sheet. no idea how to fill it out. can I just say I'm awesome at everything?

nl5011 and electro haikus like this.
  3. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Haha, the basic rules someone posted earlier are perfect for basic character building, lmk whatever questions you have

4. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]
    I am Broncaho, a Druid Centaur who rose to be the leader of Order of the Willow Weed. The willow weed is a special plant that there is only one of, whose leaves provide intoxication and whose nectar provides enlightenment. As I became disillusioned with the whole order and their impending corruption with the Gods, I decided something must be done. In an act of desperation I ingest the plant in an attempt to cease the cults exploitation of its nature.

I made my escape before a indescribable trip set in blasting me through the planes for an unknowable period of time. I awoke in the grasslands hundreds of miles from where I started, where I found that the vital structures of the plant remained inside my system, and began to grow inside me. Turning my skin green and with roots and vines growing out of my limbs, I had become one with the plant. With this brought a deep attunement with nature and the elements, allowing extrasensory communication with plants and animals. Psychedelic mushrooms began growing on my stools, and often times I would slip into a trance or a delirious fit.

I became very paranoid, constantly looking over my shoulder for any of my past brethren to sneak up and take back their claim to the Weed, by separating it from my person leading to my demise. Their Cult has shifted to a new leader, Donkai Deek, who has allowed corruption to engulf the congregation as he steers them into Darkness. They now call themselves the Order of Krak Crokane, devoted to a devilish imp from another plane who promises them revenge.

Now I wander through the lands, keeping my secret safe from the hands of evil.

coleslawed, dadbolt, Jacob and 3 others like this.
  5. angrycandy

holy shit I'm not ready for this

dadbolt and Garrett L. like this.
  6. Shrek

Fuck yeah

dadbolt and nl5011 like this.
  7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Polish. Bourgeoisie. Miles Davis.

8. Shrek

9. Shrek

Oh my god the order of Krak Kokane. So good.

dadbolt and nl5011 like this.
  10. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

dadbolt and angrycandy like this.
  11. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

angrycandy and electro haikus like this.
  12. Shrek

^^^^ All of that times 100

Also, that backstory is fucking trememdous, but not at all required. I played a 6 month campaign as an Orc whose entire backstory was "my village burned down". Don't get discouraged and junk

coleslawed, dadbolt, nl5011 and 2 others like this.
  13. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Lol yea guys I was high and bored and wanted my character to shit mushrooms

angrycandy, coleslawed, Robk and 4 others like this.
  14. Shrek

nl5011 likes this.
  15. Shrek

@everyone, I put the DropBox link to the streamlined character sheet in the OP

16. Garrett

you guys don't want to know how pathetic i feel trying to figure this character sheet out

Joe4th and nl5011 like this.
  17. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

What's got ya stuck?

18. Garrett

Everything after the name haha

19. Shrek

It's a lot simpler than it looks, I'm gonna try to put together a list of bullet points of what actually matters rather than the stuff that is there for more in depth campaigns where characters reach level 20. That takes years in a lot of cases, and we will be starting at level 1. There are entire pages of that thing you won't need to look at.

Joe4th, Garrett L. and nl5011 like this.
  20. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I think it's confusing to know what numbers to use. The stats on the far left, like Strength, Intelligence, Wisdom; you get to choose what values to set out of 15,14,13,12,10,8. This is pretty much where you start.

Then depending on race and class you choose dictates your proficiency bonus. Pretty much everything else is dictated by your class and race and background.

21. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Is there a canonical lore/geography I should use (mainly with respect to names of places/religions/etc) when writing my background or do I pretty much just make up whatever I want?

coleslawed and nl5011 like this.
  22. Shrek Jun 30, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 30, 2017)
    Shrek

@dadbolt, @Dirty Sanchez, @Joe4th, @Garrett L., @ChaseTx, @angrycandy, @nl5011, @Jacob, @GettingSodas, @MikeyPaine

I have done you all a great disservice. I've been sitting here wondering "how am I going to get 10+ people to drop $30-50 on a Player's Handbook if they decide to stick with it". I totally forgot that there is an awesome online, free, mobile-friendly wiki that transcribes the whole thing into a tagged, searchable form.

Open5e - the open 5e SRD

It's the best. For character creation, reference Characters - the open 5e SRD.

If after that and asking us questions, you decide you still want to play but don't want to maintain the working parts, message me and I'll put you in as an NPC. You can be a bartender that deals out plot hooks, a leader of a recurring villain clan, or a strong independent bar wench who smites the dickheads who roll to objectify her: I don't care. D&D is the silly putty of games. Endlessly malleable and oftentimes ends up looking like shit... but it was fun getting there. Or if you just want to join in and talk shit or follow along, I'll prob record the sessions through a video card capture or live on twitch.

Shameless plug for something I don't make money off of: we have every fifth edition book on the market, and the rest on preorder. A lot of them collect dust, but the Player's Handbook is an amazing thing to own. It's $30 or so on sale, with gorgeous thick and glossy pages, and all the info you ever need as a player, with beautiful illustrations and simplistic tables and page references. Open5E has all the info, but no images, and ain't no bard in the history of Boravia gotten drunk at a tavern and sat on his laptop/iPad. They need bound books.

Anyways, I'll be out for the most part until Sunday. Gotta do adult bullshit. But I can't wait to play with you all/be the reason bad and good shit happens to your imaginary avatars.

23. angrycandy

I'm filling it out now but I'm just stuck on finding certain info on my guy

24. angrycandy

maybe I should just pick a character who is less obscure?

25. angrycandy

idek where y'all are finding info about your characters. this is already way too confusing.