Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm No (cis)Boys Allowed Book Club • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by personalmaps, Aug 7, 2019.

1. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

You can use the kindle app on your phone or if you have a tablet- You just need an amazon account.

Kiana likes this.
  2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Ok downloaded it and ready to go! I think it's the perfect time for this book club because I'm rly trying not to overthink and dwell on stressful life things. So trying to channel my energy and time into other pursuits that are productive will be good I think.

3. This reminds me, I really need to go join my local library.

4. figureitout

Regular

Heyy so longtime occasional poster here. Can I join in? I really need to get back into reading more and this sounds great, and I think it'll help get me motivated.

Kiana and mad like this.
  5. personalmaps

Yes!!! Welcome!!!

figureitout likes this.
  6. karcrashianpanache

hysterical and useless

Hi I wasn't in the feminism thread but I'd like to join if I could. Promise I'm not a guy I just really like hockey :/

Kiana, mad and personalmaps like this.
  7. personalmaps

Welcome!!! I don’t know much abt hockey but I love the TV show Letterkenny so that’s maybe similar :p

8. karcrashianpanache

hysterical and useless

[IMG]

awwgereee and mad like this.
  9. Kiana

Yas look at all these ppl! also not to put u on blast @supernovagirl but.... You're on blast!!

supernovagirl and mad like this.
  10. supernovagirl Aug 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 14, 2019)
    supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Lmaooo HI I’m here

When do we have to read until?

Kiana, awwgereee, mad and 1 other person like this.
  11. Kiana

Idk but I already started a few pages and my first thought was "I'm not smart enough to read this book lol." Granted it started coming together eventually. But apparently I am rusty. Im just rly bad with names so I always struggle at the beginning of books/shows/movies trying to figure out who everyone is

supernovagirl likes this.
  12. personalmaps

If it makes you feel better, I also struggled the first 20 or so pages because it's written in such a shifty way so that you're never quite sure which timeline or location you're in, or even which character is "narrating" the action so to speak. I think it's an interesting way to depict how your brain is scrambled when you've had a traumatic life.

Because I'm an idiot gremlin, I had to leave my phone in a separate room so I could sit and focus JUST on reading without getting distracted.

Kiana, bigmike and supernovagirl like this.
  13. Kiana

Took me a while to get into Beloved but I'm about halfway thru and am rly into it now. Stayed up later than I planned last night reading it

I don't remember when were encouraged to finish it by tho

14. Kiana

I READ THE BOOK

Resurrecting this thread to say I enjoyed the book. Took me a while to get into it because it doesn't rly like... Introduce the characters? And I'm already bad at keeping names straight with any media. You sort of just get thrown into the characters and different point of views and then it all ties together the more you read. I thought it was a great and devastating take on slavery, trauma, grief, love, and resiliency. I had never read any of her works but had mostly heard about the bluest eye before reading this one, so I may read that next when I revisit her stuff.

15. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I've read most of the first chapter, I basically never read anymore so I really have to force myself to do it, gotta get back to this one

awwgereee likes this.
  16. personalmaps

I am very behind because this work trip has been super busy but I’m going to try to power through on my flight home from the UK!

17. Kiana

I think book clubs like this can be hard to organize and have everyone on the same timeline. It's only the second book I've read this year lol. but it got me on a groove cause I've read another book since!

18. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I really should have read this before the semester started bc honestly now I have sooo much reading to do for school there’s p much no time for leisure reading :(

19. Kiana

Omg can I just change this thread into no boys allowed minus the book club lmao cause omfg I just want to rant in a safe place how much I hate periods and my uterus and anything associated with it bdkdjsjsja.

20. mad

I was right. Prestigious

our uteruses are totally connected
    mine started today and the cramps and period depression are killing me

Kiana and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  21. Kiana

Ugh omg hope you are feeling better ! :heart:

I switched birth controls because my pms symptoms were just too debilitating. So this is my first period with this new bc (I was on the same bc for like seven years) and omfg I feel like I'm in middle school again not knowing what to expect and also all the acne!!

mad likes this.
  22. mercury, bigmike, Kiana and 1 other person like this.