Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm Mixtape exchange thread • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by George, Apr 1, 2016.

1. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Yay thanks for organizing this!

George likes this.
  2. holdfasthope

Newbie Prestigious

never done a mixtape over the internet before. should i just throw songs in a folder and create the tracklisting in a .txt file or something? so excited to get a move on this!

3. George

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, save the songs as a zip or rar file, and upload them to a file-sharing website like Zippyshare or Dropbox, with a tracklisting included. PM me the link to this file, which is what I'll send your partner.

Any questions / problems, give me a shout!

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

just making sure you mean April 17th and not March 17th and don't want us to go back in time

George likes this.
  5. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

the pressure is real

bradsonemanband likes this.
  6. alert=danger

Eat The City. Eat It Whole. Prestigious

@George Can you add me in as well please!

George likes this.
  7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'll give it a try. Though I feel pressure not to do a shitty job or pick music others think is bad

8. George

Trusted Prestigious

Don't worry about other people, just pick music you think is good! We were all AP posters, I'm sure people will enjoy it.

9. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

This sounds like a lot of fun. Can I get on this?

George likes this.
  10. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Is it too late for me to get in on this? I loved doing this on AP.

George likes this.
  11. i'll submit one! funnnnnn

George likes this.
  12. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I'll do this!

George likes this.
  13. George

Trusted Prestigious

Everybody can do this! As long as you can submit a mix by the 17th, you're golden! More the merrier in fact!

14. secretsociety92

Think I am just going to do a mix of all time favorites and current favorites, not got the imagination for a specific subject haha.

15. Threads Apr 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 4, 2016)
    Threads

Regular Prestigious

This is embarrassing/I usually consider myself tech competent but can someone either tell me how or point me towards somewhere that will help me set up the playlist. Like I know how to put the songs together and such but I don't know how to go about making sure they open as one playlist when dropped in iTunes or whatever program. :tear:

edit: Starting trying to pick songs and my song sequencing is so messy. This is going to be harder than I thought.

16. George

Trusted Prestigious

So pick your fifteen songs in iTunes or whatever, then copy them into a folder on your desktop named Mixtape. Also in this folder include a .txt file with your desired tracklisting. Right click this folder, and you should see a "Send To" option, highlight the mouse over that and an option named "Compressed (Zipped) Folder" should appear. Click that and it'll create a zip of this folder with your songs and tracklisting. Go onto a filesharing website like Zippyshare, and you can upload a zip file. Do this, and PM me the link!

This is how to create a zip on a Windows computer, not sure how to go about it with a Mac.

Threads likes this.
  17. Threads

Regular Prestigious

Will get to work on my mix then. Thanks for the instructions!

18. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Going to give this a go!

George likes this.
  19. secretsociety92

Think I have got this done, just listening through it now to see if I am happy enough with it. Quite varied but as usual (since it is my favorite decade) predominately got songs from the 80's in it.

20. I'm in for this. Great idea!

George likes this.
  21. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

will do this
    : - )

George likes this.
  22. George

Trusted Prestigious

First mix submitted! Hopefully loads more to come!

secretsociety92 likes this.
  23. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

I'd be interested in this. I have a weird dumb hobby of creating fictional albums by artists using certain b-sides/alternate tracks etc. and writing fictional histories and album covers and sharing them with my friends. This seems like an appropriate place to share that here.

George likes this.
  24. George

Trusted Prestigious

Little bump to fish for anymore participants! More the merrier, for real.

25. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'll do this if I remember, but is this within the rules? I didn't think we were allowed to post links to file sharing sites?