Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm Members EOTY Lists 2019 • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Dec 4, 2019.

1. 1. Drei Affen - Seguimos Ciegxs (technically an EP but idc)
    2. The Dangerous Summer - Mother Nature
    3. Periphery - Periphery IV: HAIL STAN
    4. Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell!
    5. Bayside - Interrobang
    6. Cloudkicker - Unending
    7. City and Colour - A Pill for Loneliness
    8. Rosie Tucker - Never Not Never Not Never Not
    9. Judah & the Lion - Pep Talks
    10. Future Teens - Breakup Season

HM:
    Franky Everlong - Till the Dance Do Us Part
    Rotting Christ - The Heretics
    Aaron West and The Roaring Twenties - Routine Maintenance
    Jade Bird - Jade Bird
    Cherry Glazerr - Stuffed & Ready
    Bad Suns - Mystic Truth
    Billie Eilish - WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?
    Emarosa - Peach Club
    The Devil Wears Prada - The Act
    Great Grandpa - Four of Arrows
    The Number Twelve Looks Like You - Wild Gods

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  2. Docyx

1. Hammerfall - Dominion
    2. Amon Amarth - Berserker
    3. Beast In Black - From Hell With Love
    4. Sabaton - The Great War
    5. Battle Beast - No More Hollywood Endings
    6. Majestica - Above The Sky
    7. Thornbridge - Theatrical Masterpiece
    8. Gloryful - Cult Of Sedna
    9. Eluveitie - Ategnatos
    10. Freedom Call - M.E.T.A.L.

11. Cyhra - No Halos In Hell
    12. Gloryhammer - Legends from beyond the Galactic Terrorvortex
    13. Forgotten North - Kinder des Zorns
    14. Blind Guardian Twilight Orchestra - Legacy Of The Dark Lands
    15. Bloodbound - Rise Of The Dragon Empire
    16. Dragonforce - Extreme Power Metal
    17. Iron Savior - Kill Or Get Killed
    18. Within Temptation - Resist
    19. Northtale - Welcome To Paradise
    20. Steel Prophet - The God Machine
    21. Rhapsody Of Fire - The Eigth Mointain
    22. The Ferrymen - A New Evil
    23. Lacuna Coil - Black Anima
    24. Frozen Crown - Crowned In Frost
    25. Avantasia - Moonglow
    26. The Dark Element - Songs The Night Sings
    27. Equilibrium - Renegades
    28. Turilli/Lione Rhapsody - Zero Gravity
    29. Metalite - Biomechanicals
    30. Belzebubs - Pantheon Of The Nightside Gods
    31. Elvenking - Reader of the Runes - Divination
    32. Metal De Facto - Imperium Romanum
    33. Twilight Force - Dawn Of The Dragonstar
    34. Saltatio Mortis - Klassik & Krawall
    35. Schandmaul - Artus
    36. Skillet - Victorious
    37. Versengold - Nordlicht
    38. Subway To Sally - Hey!
    39. Cellar Darling - The Spell
    40. Majesty - Legends
    41. Volbeat - Rewind, Replay, Rebound
    42. Sonata Arctica - Talvyiö

The ranking is not 100% accurate though, but the first 10 and the last 4 may be on the right position -at least for now. The ranking was quite hard...

OwainGlyndwr and riotspray like this.
  3. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

my list is complete

4. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

5. 1. La Dispute - Panorama (Epitaph)
    Panorama. There couldn't possibly be a better or more proper title for La Dispute's Epitaph Records debut, as the Grand Rapids, Michigan quintet bring that wide-angled view of their art, creating the most astute and immersive work of their decade-plus long career.

However, as La Dispute takes their sound to a higher astral plane, Jordan Dreyer looks inward. Panorama features Dreyer's most personal introspective lyrics ever; his pensive whispers and frantic yelps meshing perfectly with the hesitant spontaneity of the "Fulton Street" suite and "Footsteps At The Pond." The album's ten tracks flaunt the band's continued excellent musicianship - from the jazzy "Rhodonite and Grief" (propelled by the rhythmic duo of bassist Adam Vass and drummer Brad Vander Lugt) to the anguished anxiety emulating from the sparse "There You Are(Hiding Place)" (exquisitely paced by guitarists Chad Sterenberg and Corey Stroffolino).

It's extremely difficult to follow up a post-hardcore classic - much less two - but La Dispute (just like their peers in Pianos Become The Teeth and Touché Amoré) continue to zig when others would zag. On these prior records, La Dispute would build up the tension and release it in frenzied cathartic fashion, rapidly moving to the next moment. Whereas Panorama reveals fullyrealized compositions, choosing to stay within these fleeting moments (the seven-minute closer "You Ascendant" exemplifies this best) and living within that totality.

2. Blood Incantation - Hidden History of the Human Race (Dark Descent)
    Blood Incantation delivered on the hype created by their very good debut Starspawn and delivered tenfold in 2019 with Hidden History of the Human Race - taking their extreme metal sound into a higher stratosphere and incorporating exciting sonicspheres. It's equally psychedelic as it is jazzy - "Inner Paths (to Outer Space)" is exactly that while "The Giza Power Plant" is a brainy as it is brawny. The eighteen-minute finale "Awakening From the Dream of Existence to the Multidimensional Nature of Our Reality (Mirror of the Soul)" is truly some of the dopest shit to release in the last decade - a wild ride through a multitude of styles - exploring the complete spectrum that is metal.Obviously Death metal is a tough sell to the average listener but when it's this advanced, nuanced, and focused it becomes irresistible, as Blood Incantation has placed their stake into the ground as the most exciting modern metal band in the world.

3. Big Thief – Two Hands (4AD)
    4. Big Thief - U.F.O.F. (4AD)
    Big Thief kicked off a spectacular year with their ethereal third album U.F.O.F. - an intimate journey into the band's supernatural psyche. It's equally breezy as it is sinister as vocalist Adrianne Lenker lulls you in with her gentle vocals (the swelling allure of "Cattails," the profound "From") before it decimates you on tracks like "Contact," while Buck Meek's simmering guitar work highlights the breathtaking "Jenni." It's the type of career-defining album that takes musicians years to conjure - Big Thief did it twice in 2019.

Two Hands is the band-aid being ripped off of U.F.O.F. - it's visceral; a recording that's intimate in its proximity to each member, unleashing Big Thief's most primal work yet. The record's more physical moments duel between its louder and quieter moments - paced by Lenker's focused, heavy guitar tones and JamesKrivchenia’s meticulous, cerebral drumming ("The Toy" and "Shoulders") - with it all coming to a head on the fiery song of the year candidate (and Obama favorite) "Not." Two Hands feels loose throughout, as Big Thief's leave 2019 behind cemented as one of the most important rock bands today.

5. Baroness – Gold & Grey (Abraxan Hymns)
    John Baizley wrote Purple nearly five years ago it felt like a visceral reaction to the catastrophic van accident he and his band Baroness went through – as if the band were still in “shock” – it’s very go-go-go and aggressive, rarely taking time to catch its breath. With Gold & Grey, Baizley is processing all the emotional and physical pain he and his bandmates experienced, slowing down the record in certain parts to showcase the duality of therecord’s themes while expanding its sonic palette. Make no mistake, Gold & Grey gets incredibly heavy, unnerving, and often hallucinatory – drummer Sebastian Thomson and bassist Nick Jost contributions smartly exist in the front of the mix throughout, while Gina Gleason’s backing vocals and gargantuan riffs elevate this particular Baroness record to new highs("Borderlines" and "Seasons" for starters). Baroness continue to persevere and beat the odds, as Baizley’s earnestness still shines through even in the darkest of moments.

6. Lingua Ignota - Caligula (Profound Lore)
    "I’m the fucking death dealer/I'm the butcher of the world," roars Kristin Hayter on the third track off her project Lingua Ignota's second album Caligula, "If you don't fear me yet, you will." This isn't a warning, it's a threat as Hayter unleashes a swarming 66-minutes of fire and brimstone against misogyny and its Judeo-Christian foundation. Caligula spares zero wrongdoers, as death will be the easiest thing her abusers encounter (the grim sinister crawl of "Do You Doubt Me Traitor” and the vicious "Spite Alone Holds Me Aloft" are just a sampling). There is no pleasure on Caligula's elevenbrutal hymns - it rips, tears, deconstructs and ultimately creates an ugly medley of folk, noise, and metal - resulting in one of 2019's most empowering and brutal records.

7. Orville Peck - Pony (Sub Pop)
    The masked cowboy seems ominous at first but Orville Peck isn't hiding anything on his Sub Pop debut Pony - the stories he tells are tender and intense - a reflection of the realities and emotions he and many others have encountered. Relishing in the country-pop of the 1960s, Peck recounts former lovers ("Big Sky") and indulges in nostalgia ("Kansas (Remembers Me Now)") as his gruff, radiant vocals carries the slow-burn Badlands lullaby "Buffalo Run." Pony is a mythology building album for Orville Peck, a delicious and much-needed palette cleanser from the current rehashed and tired "yeehaw" imposters.

8. PUP – Morbid Stuff (Little Dipper / Rise)
    Following up a breakout record is tough enough, butPUP decided to add the extra label of doing so on their own label imprint, Little Dipper (courtesy of Rise Records). Morbid Stuff takes the band down even darker roads - the anxious intensity of "Scorpion Hill" highlights a record that features the band's heaviest ("Full Blown Meltdown" features Stefan Babcock and SteveSladkowski guitars reigning down hellfire) and most infectious ("Free At Last" showcases some of Babcock's most frantic deliverys yet alongside Nestor Chumak and Zack Mykula's breakneck rhythms) effort yet.

9. Greet Death - New Hell (Deathwish)
    New Hell - the Deathwish debut from the Flint, Michigan trio Greet Death - is a luscious cornucopia of blackened shoe gaze and grunge revivalism, highlighted by Sam Boyhtari and Logan Gaval very different, very distinct vocal deliveries - giving the multi-hyphenated record a truly diverse sound throughout. The album's nine tracks cover a lot of ground - the furious "Do You Feel Nothing?" proceeds the crushing nine-minute opus "You're Gonna Hate What You've Done" while the excellently fuzzy "Entertainment" drives home NewHell's thesis: there's always beauty in the apocalypse.

10. Peaer - A Healthy Earth (Tiny Engines)
    Peaer's third album is a fascinating look into howterrifying ordinary life is. Peter Katz rarely sings above a whisper but his anxieties are deafening. The music on A Healthy Earth is prickly and effortless in nature - theenergy of "Ollie" (based on Katz's dog) is paced by a bass clarinet solo while the colorful "Multiverse" shows off the album's dynamic layering and "Don't" shows off the band's technical wizardry, effectively changing time signatures at the drop of a hat. A Healthy Earth's lackadaisical surface is just cover for how sophisticated it truly is.

11. Have A Nice Life - Sea of Worry (The Flenser)
    Have A Nice Life's first album in five years, Sea of Worry, is an answer of sorts to the questions poised on 2014's The Unnatural World - life is still fairly unsettling and anxiety-ridden, presented over the course of seven of Dan Barrett and Tim Macuga's most ambitious work. The title track and "Lords of Tresserhorn" paces the gothic new-wave vibe, flowing abstractly throughout the shape-shifting Sea of Worry.

12. Chris Farren - Born Hot (Polyvinyl)
    Chris Farren emerged from the Side One Dummy purge of 2018 like a very hot and sexy Phoenix from theashes, releasing his Polyvinyl debut Born Hot. Featuring his finest pop songs ("Love Theme From Born Hot" and "Domain Lapse") and catchiest hooks ("Search 4 Me"), Farren straddles the line between self-deprecation and honest vulnerability flawlessly.

13. Full of Hell – Weeping Choir (Relapse)
    On their Relapse debut, the East Coast collective Full of Hell aim to dismantle and dissect their brand of extreme metal. Weeping Choir rarely takes any moments to breathe - usually it's dual vocalists Dylan Walker and Samuel DiGristine unleashing rabid back and forth's on suffocating death metal slashers like "Burning Myrhh"and "Angels Gather Here." But when they do Full of Hell is adding more complex and experimental moments, as the slow-burn colossal "Armory of Obsidian Glass" suggests. A career highlight - it ominously builds off of haunting guest vocals from Lingua Ignota’s Kristin Hayter before delving into one of the band's most chaotic and brutal flourishes ever.

14. Jimmy Eat World - Surviving (RCA)
    Surviving is probably the most apt title for Jimmy Eat World's 10th album - the band has outlasted every flavor of the day in music, continuously releasing music that pushes their boundaries. This record is no different as the band take some new musical risks (the pulsating "555") along with a new set of fist-pumping anthems("Criminal Energy" and "One Mil").

15. Wreck and Reference - Absolute Still Life (The Flenser)
    Don't let the lack of screaming fool you - Absolute Still Life is undoubtedly the darkest, bleakest and most ambitious collection of noise from the Wreck & Reference duo. "Eris Came To Me At Night" - one of 2019's most grisly songs - still chills me to the bone.

16. Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell! (Polydor / Interscope)
    17. The National – I Am Easy To Find (4AD)
    18. Knocked Loose - A Different Shade of Blue (Pure Noise)
    19. Better Oblivion Community Center – Better Oblivion Community Center (Dead Oceans)
    20. State Faults - Clairvoyant (No Sleep)
    21. Tyler The Creator – IGOR (Columbia)
    22. Mannequin Pussy – Patience (Epitaph)
    23. Purple Mountains - Purple Mountains (Drag City)
    24. Slipknot - We Are Not Your Kind (Roadrunner)
    25. DIIV - Deceiver (Captured Tracks)
    26. Drowse – Light Mirror (The Flenser)
    27. Oso Oso - basking in the glow (Triple Crown)
    28. Harmony Woods - Make Yourself At Home (Skeletal Lightning)
    29. clipping. - There Existed an Addiction to Blood (Sub Pop)
    30. Sleater-Kinney - The Center Won't Hold (Mom +Pop)
    31. Gatecreeper - Deserted (Relapse)
    32. Great Grandpa - Four of Arrows (Double Double Whammy)
    33. Prince Daddy & The Hyena – Cosmic Thrill Seekers (Counter Intuitive)
    34. Georgia Maq - Pleaser (Run For Cover)
    35. Angel Olsen - All Mirrors (Jagjaguwar)
    36. Carly Rae Jepsen – Dedicated (School Boy / Interscope)
    37. Thom Yorke – ANIMA (XL)
    38. Angel Du$t – Pretty Buff (Roadrunner)
    39. Frail Body - A Brief Memoriam (Deathwish)
    40. Bellows - The Rose Gardener (Topshelf)
    41. Bon Iver - i,i (Jagjaguwar)
    42. Wilco - Ode to Joy (dBpm)
    43. Copeland – Blushing (Tooth & Nail)
    44. Abigail Williams - Walk Beyond The Dark (Blood Music)
    45. Field Mouse - Meaning (Topshelf)
    46. Somos - Prison on a Hill (Tiny Engines)
    47. Torche - Admission (Relapse)
    48. Queen of Jeans - If You're not afraid, I'm not afraid (Topshelf)
    49. Sunn O))) - Life Metal (Southern Lord)
    50. Harry Styles - Fine Line (Columbia)

disambigujason likes this.
  6. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

ChiliTacos likes this.
  7. dastly75

1. Sakanaction - 834.194
    2. Montaigne - Complex
    3. Holy Holy - My Own Pool of Light
    4. Polish Club - Iguana
    5. half alive - Now, Not Yet
    6. Bugs - Self Help
    7. Microwave - Death is a Warm Blanket
    8. Four of Arrows - Great Grandpa
    9. Hobo Johnson - The Fall of Hobo Johnson
    10. Matt Maeson - Bank On The Funeral

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  8. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

1. The Tallest Man On Earth - I Love You. It’s A Fever Dream
    2. Sticky Fingers - Yours To Keep
    3. As Cities Burn - Scream Through The Walls
    4. Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated
    5. Microwave - Death Is A Warm Blanket
    6. Big Thief - Two Hands
    7. City and Colour - A Pill For Loneliness
    8. Flor - Ley Lines
    9. Maggie Rogers - Heard It In A Past Life
    10. Penny and Sparrow - Finch

Nate_Johnson and zmtr like this.
  9. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

10. Pop. 1280 - Way Station
    9. Ritual Howls - Rendered Armor
    8. Lite - Multiple
    7. Maria Taylor - Maria Taylor
    6. King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - Infest the Rats' Nest
    5. Fever 333 - Strength in Numb333rs
    4. Devin Townsend - Empath
    3. Rammstein - Rammstein
    2. Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes - End of Suffering
    1. Silver Snakes - Death and the Moon

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  10. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Here's my list:
    1. Jimmy Eat World - Surviving
    2. The Dangerous Summer - Mother Nature
    3. Noah Gundersen - Lover
    4. The Menzingers - Hello Exile
    5. Bruce Springsteen - Western Stars
    6. Josh Ritter - Fever Breaks
    7. Taylor Swift - Lover
    8. Tyler Hilton - City on Fire
    9. Miranda Lambert - Wildcard
    10. Kalie Shorr - Open Book
    11. Sturgill Simpson - Sound & Fury
    12. Old Dominion - Old Dominion
    13. Maren Morris - GIRL
    14. Coldplay - Everyday Life
    15. The Maine - You Are OK
    16. Cassadee Pope - Stages
    17. Grace Potter - Daylight
    18. Sam Fender - Hypersonic Missiles
    19. Emily Scott Robinson - Traveling Mercies
    20. Thomas Rhett - Center Point Road
    21. Maybe April - The Other Side
    22. Austin Jenkes - If You Grew Up Like I Did
    23. Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors - Dragons
    24. Jade Bird - Jade Bird
    25. Maggie Rogers - Heard It in a Past Life
    26. Yola - Walk Through Fire
    27. The Highwomen - The Highwomen
    28. Riley Green - Different ‘Round Here
    29. Canyon City - Bluebird
    30. Runaway June - Blue Roses
    Wrote about them all here: Craig Manning's Top Albums of 2019 • chorus.fm

Plus re-ranks for 2009 and 2018.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

1. Arrange – Blood Dust
    2. Charly Bliss – Young Enough
    3. Big Thief – UFOF
    4. Bon Iver – I,i
    5. Big Thief – Two Hands
    6. German Error Message – Mend
    7. Strange Ranger – Remembering the Rockets
    8. Hovvdy – Heavy Lifter
    9. I Love Your Lifestyle – The Movie
    10. Club Night - What Life
    11. Oso Oso – Basking in the Glow
    12. Default Genders – main pop girl 2019
    13. Tha God Fahim x Stack Skrilla – Dump Gawd: The Divine Brotherhood
    14. Earl Sweatshirt – Feet of Clay
    15. Prince Daddy & the Hyena – Cosmic Thrill Seekers
    16. TRST – The Destroyer 2
    17. Wiki – Oofie
    18. Aldous Harding – Designer
    19. The Dangerous Summer – Mother Nature
    20. Clairo - Immunity

Ranking is pretty arbitrary. Check out the stuff you haven't heard before

12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

@Craig Manning the 2009 re-ranking is pretty fun. I haven't gone back and re-visited any lists that I made at the time, but I thought it would be fun to look at my 2009 list from 2009. If I went back and re-made my 2009 list, there would definitely be some albums that would swap around (how did Raditude get on this list???), but a fair amount would stay on my list. Interesting that our two lists only have 5 overlapping albums.

1 fun. - Aim & Ignite
    2 Brand New - Daisy
    3 Third Eye Blind - Ursa Major
    4 Metric - Fantasies
    5 Portugal. The Man - The Satanic Satanist
    6 Lily Allen - It's Not Me, It's You
    7 Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
    8 Closure In Moscow - First Temple
    9 Relient K - Forget and Not Slow Down
    10 Big D & The Kids Table - Fluent In Stroll
    11 Mute Math - Armistice
    12 Dashboard Confessional - Alter The Ending
    13 Rx Bandits - Mandala
    14 Say Anything - Say Anything
    15 Weezer - Raditude
    16 A Fine Frenzy - Bomb in a Birdcage
    17 All Time Low - Nothing Personal
    18 Emmy The Great - First Love
    19 Set Your Goals - This Will Be The Death of Us
    20 Destry - It Goes On

Craig Manning likes this.
  13. Craig Manning

I don’t know if I have my initial 2009 list anywhere, so I was mostly just re-ranking the albums as I see them now. I do think my top 10 was fairly comparable though.

I remember liking Raditude the first time I listened to it...really don’t at all now!

DaydreamNation likes this.
  14. irthesteve

I can stand by like, 50% of that album now, so that's something haha.

I have all my Top 10 lists in a google doc since 2004-ish, I still like/love the majority of what was on my lists

Craig Manning likes this.
  15. Craig Manning

I’ve got all of mine since 2010, and then I have 2008, but for some reason couldn’t find 2009. I’m not sure I ever finished it/was ever completely happy with it.

16. irthesteve

I'm sure somewhere, in the depths of the internet, it's somewhere that you posted it once... I found some of my earliest ones on old Myspace blog posts hah

17. Craig Manning

I found my 2005 and 2006 lists on MySpace a few years back. That was a trip. Speaking of Weezer, I apparently thought very highly of Make Believe.

18. irthesteve

Looks like Make Believe wasn't on my list for that year. Over the years I have ranked...

Weezer (2016) @ #10
    EWBAITE (2014) @ #20
    Hurley (2010) @ #17
    Raditude (2009) @ #15
    Weezer (2008) @ #15

retroactively:

Maladroit (2002) @ #2
    Weezer (2001) @ #12
    Pinkerton (1996) @ #2
    Weezer (1994) @ #1

19. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Did you listen to Glass Beach? Feels like something you would be into.

username likes this.
  20. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I have not! I'll look into it!

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  21. username

hey you lil piss baby

I’ll second that rec for you. I shut it off after the first few tracks when I heard it months ago but went back only like a week ago and I’ve been obsessed since. Easily the most inventive album under the wider emo umbrella to come out last year.

OhTheWater likes this.
  22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Oh wow yeah this opener rules. I’m into it!

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  23. PauLo Jan 8, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 8, 2020)
    PauLo

43% Burnt

This is mine. It's pretty much in order. Not a bad year...

Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana
    Flying Lotus - Flamagra
    Junius Paul - Ism
    Anderson .Paak - Ventura
    Theon Cross - Fyah
    Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?
    Danny Brown - uknowhatimsayin¿
    Andy Stott - It Should Be Us
    clipping. - There Existed An Addiction To Blood
    wiki - Oofie
    Jamael Dean - Black Space Tapes
    Battles - Juice B Crypts
    LINGUA IGNOTA - Caligula
    The Alchemist - Yacht Rock 2
    Brother Ali - Secrets & Escapes
    The Comet Is Coming - Trust In The Lifeforce Of The Deep Mystery
    Jaimie Branch - FLY or DIE II: bird dogs of paradise
    Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah - Ancestral Recall
    Skinny Pelembe - Dreaming is Dead Now
    Kassa Overall - Go Get Ice Cream and Listen to Jazz
    Denzel Curry - ZUU
    Rapsody - Eve
    Gang Starr - One of the Best Yet
    Joel Ross - KingMaker
    MIKE - Tears of Joy
    Westside Gunn - Hitler Wears Hermes 7
    Your Old Droog - It Wasn't Even Close/Transportation/Jewelry
    Free Nationals - Free Nationals
    Roc Marciano - Marcielago
    Alfa Mist - Structuralism
    Cave In - Final Transmission
    Malibu Ken - Malibu Ken
    Steve Lacy - Apollo XXI
    Yazz Ahmed - Polyhymnia
    Injury Reserve - Injury Reserve
    OG Keemo - Geist
    Ahzumjot - 19QT01: RECORDINGS
    Gaika - HEATERS 4 THE 2 SEATERS
    James Blake - Assume This
    Liturgy - H.A.Q.Q.
    Samiyam - I Got Shit To Do/One On Each Planet
    slowthai - Nothing Great About Britain
    Young Thug - So Much Fun
    Kris Davis - Diatom Ribbons
    Thom Yorke - Anima
    Common - Let Love

Honourable mentions:

Ariana Grande - Thank u, Next
    Skepta - Ignorance is Bliss
    Loraine James - For You and I
    Boogarins - Sombrou Duvida
    Solange - When I Get Home
    Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire - Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire
    Shafiq Husayn - The LooP
    Bon Iver - i,i
    Billy Woods - Terror Management
    YBN Cordae - The Lost Boy

Needs more listens:

Matana Roberts - COIN COIN Chapter Four: Memphis
    Angel Olsen - All Mirrors
    Jamila Woods - LEGACY! LEGACY!
    Sudan Archives - Athena
    Megan Thee Stallion - Fever
    Wreck & Reference - Absolute Still Life
    Gnaw Their Tongues - Genocidal Majesty/An eternity of suffering, an eternity of pain
    L'Orange & Jeremiah Jae - Complicate Your Life With Violence
    Refused - War Music
    Russian Circles - Blood Year
    Xiu Xiu - Girl with Basket of Fruit
    Nas - The Lost Tapes II
    Deantoni Parks - AUGUSTA
    Pelican - Nighttime Stories
    Slipknot - We Are Not Your Kind
    Chelsea Wolfe - Birth of Violence
    Nate Young - Vol. 1/2/3
    Full of Hell - Weeping Choir
    Sunn O))) - Pyroclasts/Life Metal
    Moor Mother - Analog Fluids Of Sonic Black Holes

24. jdr2187 Jan 9, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 9, 2020)
    jdr2187

jdr2187

My favorites from last year.

1. Purple Mountains - S/T
    2. Ian Noe - Between the Country
    3. Rapsody - Eve
    4. Kevin Morby - Oh My God
    5. Yazz Ahmed - Polyhymia
    6. Erika de Casier - Essentials
    7. Bill Callahan - Shepherd in a Sheepskin Vest
    8. Jamila Woods - LEGACY! LEGACY!
    9. Jaimie Branch - Fly or Die II: bird dogs of paradise
    10. Wiki - Oofie
    11. Bonnie Prince Billy - I Made A Place
    12. Big Thief - Two Hands/U.F.O.F.
    13. Simon Joyner - Pocket Moon
    14. Hiss Golden Messenger - Terms of Surrender
    15. Joel Ross - KingMaker
    16. Grace Cummings - Refuge Cove
    17. Tomeka Reid Quartet - Old New
    18. Brittany Howard - Jaime
    19. Joshua Abrams & Natural Information Society - Mandatory Reality
    20. 75 Dollar Bill - I Was Real
    21. Wilco - Ode To Joy
    22. Neal Francis - Changes
    23. Vanishing Twin - The Age of Immunology
    24. Skarbo Skulekorps - s/t
    25. Maxo Kream - Brandon Banks
    26. Fontaines D.C. - Dogrel
    27. Matana Roberts - COIN COIN Chapter Four
    28. Julia Jacklin - Crushing
    29. Crumb - Jinx
    30. Aldous Harding - Designer
    31. Kali Malone - The Sacrifical Code
    32. The Comet Is Coming - Trust In The Lifeforce
    33. Helado Negro - This Is How You Smile
    34. Weyes Blood - Titanic Rising
    35. Chris Forsyth - All Time Present
    36. The Delines - The Imperial
    37. Little Simz - GREY Area
    38. Sharon Van Etten - Remind Me Tomorrow
    39. SAULT - 5 & 7
    40. Modern Nature - How To Live
    41. Joan Shelley - Like the River Loves the Sea
    42. Olden Yolk - Living Theatre
    43. Bill Orcutt - Odds Against Tomorrow
    44. White Reaper - You Deserve Love
    45. Muriel Grossman - Reverence
    46. EARTHGANG - Mirrorland
    47. Moor Mother - Analog Fluids of Sonic Black Holes
    48. Jason Hawk Harris - Love & the Dark
    49. Richard Dawson - 2020
    50. Michael Kiwanuka - KIWANUKA

HM

Steve Gunn - The Unseen in Between
    Cate le Bon - Reward
    Twain - Adventure
    Daniel Norgen - Wooh Dang
    Fat White Family - Serfs Up!
    Ohtis - Curve of Earth
    Tim Presley - I Have to Feed Larry's Hawk
    Snapped Ankles - Stunning Luxury
    Lambchop - This(Is What I Wanted To Tell You)
    Pedro The Lion - Phoenix
    Moodyman - Sinner: KDJ-48
    Junius Paul - Ism
    Cass McCombs - Tip of the Sphere
    Nerija - Blume
    Vincent Neil Emerson - Fried Chicken & Evil Women
    Hand Habits - placeholder
    Freddie Gibbs - Bandana
    Nick Cave - Ghosteen
    Sudan Archives - Athena
    James Matthew VII - Stoned When I Pray
    Yugen Blakrok - Anima Mysterium