Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm Member Compilations - HALLOWEEN COMPILATION (Out now!) • Page 213

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Calm down guys! :-)

Also, why haven’t we done MXPX yet?

elemenohpe and David Parke like this.
  2. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

FUCK I didn't send my song.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

4. Is MXPX the next one? I only know a couple songs but I'd be down.

5. it's up for discussion, for sure. they'd be fun to do.

there also hasn't been a lot of activity on these comps for a bit, so maybe we will take a little break. that's also up for discussion, haha. but keep your eyes peeled and we'll see where it goes.

David Parke likes this.
  6. toit m8

7. JakeRabin

I'm tired.

I'd like to do Hip Hop at some point. Just so there's variety in the bandcamp other than just Punk/rock.

8. bradsonemanband Apr 3, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 3, 2018)
    how cool would it be if each of us did a full EP's worth of original material?!

we could schedule it to be a couple months out, rather than just 2 or 3 weeks. each EP could be clumped together on the tracklist so it's a full cohesive listen. could be a really cool way to 1. get our original music heard by more people, 2. try new things, and 3. will get us into a creative mode and push us into completing a full EP.

you could even have features of other chorus members pop up on a few tracks. or some people could even do a full collaborated band of chorus members too! lots of cool and creative ideas could come out of doing something like this.

and if you're more comfortable with only doing covers, that's fine too! it could be an EP of Bright Eyes songs, if that's what you wanna do. or you could do a mix of artists/a theme/whatever.

i feel like my solo original material has taken a backseat in the last couple years because i've been doing these cover compilations. so this would be kinda like killing two birds with one stone. and also... giving me a hard deadline to complete my EP would really help too, otherwise who knows when i'd actually finish one on my own...

ponder it!

9. I feel like it'd be a lot of us just doing slow acoustic versions of songs like "Baby Got Back" or "Pony." At least that's what I'd do because... you don't wanna hear me try to rap. haha.

but i like where your head's at!

a country compilation could be fun/do-able too.

Jdaniels likes this.
  10. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

I had a lot of fun with the Beatles one. I feel like everyone is progressing musically with each one we do. I like doing these cause it gives me a musical goal to work towards every month and to experiment with different sounds.

Everyone brought their own style to this and I was relieved cause I thought it was taboo of me to change the key and style of the song for some reason. It’s such an inhibitor to think in absolutes like that so I’m grateful that we come together as a community to express ourselves in this medium.

Jdaniels and bradsonemanband like this.
  11. Riiiight nowwwww

EDIT: Also, I totally agree.

12. The more I think about the “original EP” idea, the more I like it.

I’m gonna do it... regardless if anyone joins me on the adventure or not.

More details to follow, if others are also interested.

Who’s with me?!

Jdaniels likes this.
  13. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm down for it!
    I have a boatload of song ideas I've never gotten the chance to flesh out and record.

14. fist bump! :fist:

manoverboard365 likes this.
  15. Jdaniels

Regular

Definitely in! How many songs each?

16. I guess we'll have to figure that out, and also a reasonable timeline. I'm toying with the idea of 4-5 songs, due early June.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

The Beatles compilation is great. Nicely done everyone! I wish I could have done something for it, but the last few months have swamped me.

I really like the EP idea, it might give some motivation to finish some instrumental guitar demos I've had lying around for years.

18. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

I like the idea but I doubt I'd get an ep worth of material done in that time... my work responsibilities have become waaaay more time consuming. I'd love to collaborate with anyone's originals (vocals, guitar solos, bass, crappy drums, whatevs) as that would fit my schedule a bit better.

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

I would love collaborating with people for this too. If you haven't noticed I don't own a drum set so all my songs have been using the same 4 recycled loops from garageband lol. Would love to have some real drums on a track.

20. 2 months doesn't sound like that much time to me, but it will force me to not procrastinate like i have been doing for the past like... well... my entire life, haha.

i feel better physically and emotionally when my creative juices are constantly flowing, so i'm definitely going to make this happen. i'm glad some of you guys are with me on it! hopefully we can recruit some more! i think it will be fun and rewarding.

Jdaniels and elemenohpe like this.
  21. Jdaniels

Regular

I'd love someone to add drums or anything really, loops, anything, to my tracks. I'd rerecord anything or do something new.

22. Minimum/maximum number of tracks? Covers okay?

23. I’d say just an EP length. Whatever that means to you. And I’ll say that an EP of covers is fine, if people don’t want to write new material.

24. Trio182

MXPX Please!!!