Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm Member Compilations - HALLOWEEN COMPILATION (Out now!) • Page 250

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Haven't done Walking with a Ghost yet, but I did rework my Lavender Town cover, adding some effects and taking out unwanted bits from the band-that-must-not-be-named.

Which reminds me, @bradsonemanband can you remove my contribution from this? Forgot that was still there. Thanks.

2. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

I’m doing a “spooky Streets” theme. It’s gonna be more short scary stories/poems over music.

it’s about haunted roads near me :)

idk how many I’m gonna submit, I’ve got 6 roads so far I wanna write about:

Robert Coffin Road
    Cuba Rd.(White Cemetary)
    River Rd. (Heads on spikes at The Gate)
    Rainbow Road (abandoned asylum)
    Sheridan rd. (David Lynch)
    Shoe Factory Road

they’re prolly not gonna be more than a minute by much

David Parke, mad and bradsonemanband like this.
  3. I’m so excited for this comp. all my songs are ready. The 20th seems like so far to go. Hahaha

bradsonemanband and EmoEmpire like this.
  4. Got my original song all written! Just need to record it now! Where are all my fellow Charlie Brown fans at???? ;-)

5. REMINDER: Songs are due in 11 days, everybody!

EmoEmpire likes this.
  6. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Is this the comp where your cover song got stolen by Hawthorne Heights?

bradsonemanband likes this.
  7. haha yes. i'll just submit HH's version, i guess. haha actually i probably won't even have time to get around to recording that Ramones song so it's fiiiiiiiiiine. :-)

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  8. 6 DAYS UNTIL SONGS ARE DUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

David Parke and EmoEmpire like this.
  9. I did like a 6 part harmony on a song and I’m trying to quantize them to match. It’s... not fun. My wife couldn’t understand my vocals though so that was the litmus test and now I gotta fix it.

EmoEmpire and bradsonemanband like this.
  10. Would anyone be super sad if we push this back a couple days? I forgot I was going to be out of town this whole weekend so I'm not going to have time to put this all together and make album artwork and everything before Monday. I can probably get it all up and ready to go by Wednesday though, if that works for ya. That also gives any of my fellow procrastinators a couple more days to submit their songs.

New release date: Oct 23rd
    New submission due date: Before Oct 23rd :-)

David Parke and mad like this.
  11. oh cool! I can work on syncing my tracks a little more! I'm good with it! It'll release on my birthday now!

12. therookielot

If you make it the 27th I got me an opportunity to go on a haunted tour for sick references

13. SONGS ARE DUE TOMORRRRRROOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW

David Parke likes this.
  14. therookielot

Let’s do sundayyyyy

I only got one spooky street left. I got at least 2 more to record for context. When I’m done I need you to weave them in like interludes

I just worked a 10 hour shift, been that way for the past however long forever is. My creativity is all fogged up during the week
    Plzzzz

15. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Fuck. I hate that I keep having to flake out on these, but I’ve had an extremely hectic past couple weeks in my personal life. Then I was going to work on songs over the weekend, but Friday is the 4th anniversary of a friend of mine dying so my friend and I decided to finish, then release the songs we individually wrote about him. So I decided those should take priority. I am going to keep following this thread under the hope this works out in the future because I miss it.

bradsonemanband and David Parke like this.
  16. @@ron

Regular

I just submitted mine. First time doing this so... be kind! haha

EmoEmpire and therookielot like this.
  17. TIME TO GET SPOOKY, FRIENDS!!!

18. David Parke Oct 23, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 23, 2019)
    YAAAS!!!

EDIT: I haven't even listened yet but @accelerateto88's Kenosha Kickers reference in the title is enough for me to bow down to. LOL

edit 2: I forgot to mention but technically “Halloween Spooks” features phoebe bridgers, for those with ears like a Halloween bat!

19. had a shitty couple weeks so didn't record anything new, i.e. no angel theme

20. When I get a bit, I’ll review each track.

David Parke and @@ron like this.
  21. @accelerateto88 "Stranger Things Theme" - I loved this cover. I thought it was a great way to kick off the compilation. Really good production on that one.

bradsonemanband "The Great Pumpkin" - For my song, I wanted to write something based on one of my favorite Halloween movies, It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. I wrote the song from Linus' point of view, and most of the lyrics were actually pulled from quotes from the movie. I pretty much only wrote the bit that's about the great pumpkin not showing up because he was probably stuck in traffic. I thought that would be an excuse Linus would have actually used, haha.

@David Parke "Halloween Spooks" - You totally nailed the spooky vocals. And I assume that's your son being extra spooky in it? Haha so cute!

@ineverlose "Eli, The Barrow Boy" - Really nice cover! You've got an especially great voice for this type of stuff. This song reminds me of something that would have been on the Garden State soundtrack. That's the highest of compliments because it's one of my favorite soundtracks.

@mad "Special Death" - This is awesome! Love the lofi recording. It fits really well into the whole Halloween aesthetic. Great cover. Do more of these compilations!

David Parke "Halloween Theme" - Nailed it! I love how all 3 of your songs sound different from each other. And I love how this song flows so perfectly into the next track....

@EmoEmpire "It's On" - I don't think we've ever had a Korn cover on one of our compilations. You killed it! The recording sounds great. Heavy as shit!

@xkhiemster "Lavender Town" - I had to do some Googling to see what this was actually a cover of. I've never played Pokemon so this was a whole new song to me. When I initially heard it, I thought something was wrong when I converted it to a wav file to upload, haha. You made it sound really scary, actually. Like, if I was walking alone in the dark and heard this playing, I'd be creeped out, for sure!

David Parke "Buffy The Vampire Slayer Theme" - Ahhh Nerf Herder! Short and sweet, and of course: solid. I always love your tracks on these comps. PS: Happy belated birthday!

@@@ron "Shankill Butchers" - Turns out I can't actually tag you haha... Awesome cover! I love that deep synth bass later in the song. This compilation's made me realize I've never listened to The Decemberists before and I think now is a good time to get on that.

accelerateto88 "The Walking Dead Theme" - Another solid theme song cover by you guys! I thought it would be cool to have you bookend the whole comp.

This was a really fun listen, friends! Definitely going to have this playing for the next few days. Everyone "killed" it. (Spooky!)

22. @@ron

Regular

Thanks! I’m excited to listen to all of these. My wife got me into the Decemberists. She loves their earlier albums because they are full of weird and sometimes creepy songs like Shankill Butchers. I prefer their most recent three albums because they are more straight forward and relatable. But they are all worth checking out! We Both Go Down Together is a fav song of mine for sure

23. bradsonemanband likes this.
  24. EmoEmpire

Husband. Dad. One-Man-Band.

Hey I reckon this is a solid comp from everyone!

@accelerateto88 "Stranger Things Theme" - I agree with Brad, def an awesome way to kick off the comp! Great job! Everything sounds awesome.

@bradsonemanband "The Great Pumpkin" - Love your original song! Wicked guitaring. I love the breakdown. This song’s a winner man. So catchy. All your stuff is awesome.

@David Parke "Halloween Spooks" - Well that’s perfect for a Halloween comp! You get ‘Awesome Dad’ points for including your kids :)

@ineverlose "Eli, The Barrow Boy" - I love your vocals, they sound great. Cool cover. It has a really nice feel/vibe to it.

@mad "Special Death" - This is awesome! I agree with Brad, this song is a perfect fit for the Halloween comp. I like your vocals. The backing/harmonies sound great too.

David Parke "Halloween Theme" - Nice work man. This sounds great. All the layers sound really cool, especially together in the build at the end. Your guitar sounds really clear - I would love my guitar parts to sound that fine one day. Nice work.

Emo Empire- "It's On" - I assume I’m an old man compared to most of you guys. I remember my mate buying Follow The Leader on CD when it first came out and we were speechless while first listening to it’s awesomeness. I know it was their third album but there wasn’t really anything out at the time as heavy with the killer production it had. Respect to Korn for being pioneers in making heavy music mainstream. BTW dam it was hard to “sing” this song. I learnt lots form doing it.

@xkhiemster "Lavender Town" - Wow! now that is a perfect Halloween comp track!

David Parke "Buffy The Vampire Slayer Theme" - Hey this is a solid track. Again, great guitars man. The drum fill at 00:30 is tight! Dam!

@@@ron "Shankill Butchers" - Hey you said you were nervous about this track. I think you did great man. It’s actually a hard song to sing, especially cause the words are so crucial and need to be so prominent in the mix because of the story telling type deal. You are good as, nothing to worry about. I look forward to your next comp track.

accelerateto88 "The Walking Dead Theme" - Hell yeah this is awesome. You musicianship is solid as on all instruments. I would love to be able to play guitar like you! I love the palm muting you did. The whaling bends from 00:19 are killer! Cool bass lead/riff at the end too.

mad, bradsonemanband and David Parke like this.
  25. Favorite comp from y’all in a while, everyone’s tracks turned out great!!