Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm Member Compilations - HALLOWEEN COMPILATION (Out now!) • Page 249

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Mar 30, 2016.

1. David Parke and bradsonemanband like this.
  2. Only tangentially related but this week blink-155 gave their listeners like 5 hours to write and record lyrics for the Enema Instrumental demo “Life’s So Boring” and I’m on it. I did it in less than an hour but there’s some GREAT stuff on here. Hahaha. Enjoy if you’re into that kinda thing.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Holy shit, has it really been three years since the last Halloween comp? I want in. I'll try and record at least one original Halloween song. I'm currently finishing work on an LP, so I don't think I could fit more than one in though, sadly.

4. ....this is fucked up

:verysad::verysad::verysad:

Jdaniels and bradsonemanband like this.
  5. Revisiting the song I submitted for the last Halloween one — forgot about how I basically just tried to rip off a grungy Superheaven song and then add spooky lyrics. Made an effort to primarily use the lower end of my vocal register and boy it was not a good look lol.

Would be kinda fun to do an alternate version of the same song though. Maybe just like an acoustic thing or something. A tru redemption arc

bradsonemanband and David Parke like this.
  6. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

How about This is Halloween from Nightmare Before Christmas?

I'd love to do this cover if no one else took it

7. accelerateto88

Perfectly balanced.

I'll call two now that I already have that are completed.

Stranger Things Theme (Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein)
    The Walking Dead Theme (Bear McCreary)

Maybe a third if I can dig one out that is high enough quality. I recorded an entire EP of Halloween-ish theme songs turned rock for a project many many years ago, but these two were done just last year.

David Parke and bradsonemanband like this.
  8. @@ron

Regular

To make up for ghosting the last 2 comps I signed up for.. I already have a recording I made for fun of Shankill Butchers by The Decemberists. Not a Halloween song exactly, but it’s creepy enough to fit in.

9. ineverlose

I'd like to do "Eli, The Barrow Boy" by The Decemberists, if you're still looking for more. I think it would fit well...

EDIT:
    Ha! Beat me to The Decemberists by one reply. That's also an awesome choice for this compilation.

bradsonemanband and @@ron like this.
  10. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

Ohhh this sounds fun. I'm going to try to do one

11. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Yes! I can submit one of my originals!

12. All yours!

paythetab likes this.
  13. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

14. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

I'm going to attempt my own arrangement of monster mash...this will be my first time putting anything i've recorded into the wild of the internet. spooky

David Parke likes this.
  15. mad

I was right. Prestigious

gonna try to do a cover of Special Death by Mirah. not a straight up Halloween song but it's got a creepy vibe (and was in season 1 of American Horror Story)

16. Not that I'd even attempt it, but Sufjan's "John Wayne Gacy, Jr." is creepy af

17. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

"Halloween" by The Misfits. Gonna make it slower. Dirtier. Edgier.

EmoEmpire and David Parke like this.
  18. David Parke Sep 26, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 26, 2019)
    Just listened to the original track I’m submitting from my old high school band’s 2004 EP. You can hear the blink and AFI influence so strongly. Hahahahaha

cc-ing @Justin B Miller to get in on this comp

EmoEmpire likes this.
  19. EmoEmpire

Husband. Dad. One-Man-Band.

Hey put me down for a cover of Korn - It's On. Not as Halloweeny as other people's tracks but it's the spookiest music I own LOL

David Parke likes this.
  20. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Spooky!

EmoEmpire likes this.
  21. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Writing an original song about a succubus

David Parke likes this.
  22. “God damn succubus trying to take my baby!”

trevorshmevor likes this.
  23. TheoW593

Regular

I'll attempt a cover of Halloween by Gaslight Anthem

David Parke likes this.
  24. I'm going to try writing an original for this

EmoEmpire and David Parke like this.
  25. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I've written about half the lyrics to two songs. I'm excited to do these since they will be sort of high energy. I'm almost done with an 11 track album which is sedated as fuck. Basically all sad, slow synth songs. But I also just got a new guitar, so I'm ready to "shred" (fumble my way through made up cords and shitty leads). One song is about a man scared shitless of horror movies falling into a Dennys toilet which transports him to a house full of horror monsters, and the other is about Boo Berry using his fame to be creepy.

David Parke likes this.