Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm Member Compilations - HALLOWEEN COMPILATION (Out now!) • Page 225

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Mar 30, 2016.

1. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

What day r u thinking for an ext? I got so much to do on mine I might just go rogue and do a less epic song lol

2. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

Maybe due Sunday night? Giving people the weekend to wrap up seems reasonable unless a lot of people need longer.

3. let's go one more week on this.

new due date: AUGUST 5

elemenohpe likes this.
  4. Only 2 songs were submitted this last weekend so I've stretched the due date out to August 5th.

After this one, maybe we'll take another break. Maybe all of us are just a little burnt out/busy/etc. We'll talk about that later though. :-)

For now, let's get some Drive Thru songs recorded, gang!!! xoxo

5. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I can submit the cover of NFG's I Don't Wanna Know I did a few years ago, don't have time to do anything new.

Jdaniels likes this.
  6. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Sent.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  7. therookielot

I’m just gonna do Mrs. Green by I Am the Avalanche

8. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

Mine is about done.

9. COVERS ARE DUE TOMORROW!

(And I’m finally recording mine right now!)

10. radiodead

Trusted

If anyone ever needs vocals I would be willing to give it a go in the future. Never really sang for anyone but would be interested in maybe trying it out haha! Don’t think I could sing just any song but the right one I would be able to get through......I think.

11. therookielot

I know I’m full of excuses, but i started this off with a delusion of grandeur anyway. I blame all those planets in retrograde as well lol oh and my piss poor sleep schedule thanks to working 12-13 hour shifts, my weekends are for deagussing. Let me see what i can figure out by tonight tho

12. JakeRabin

I'm tired.

I sent an updated Rum and the Finch cover.

13. We did it! Compilation #40!

trevorshmevor likes this.
  14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Excited to check this one out

15. 1. @accelerateto88 ("The Drama Summer") - Since you sent me this song a few days ago, I've been bumping this cover almost daily, haha. I love what you did with it, and the recording quality is top notch!

2. @JakeRabin ("What It Is To Burn") - I toyed with the idea of covering this song but then I thought to myself, no way... that's way too big of a feat to conquer. You totally nailed it though! Insert applause here.

3. bradsonemanband ("A Plain Morning") - On Saturday morning, I still didn't know what song I wanted to cover. I'd been going back and forth on a 3 or 4 songs, but when I'd play through them, I just didn't feel inspired by it. So I was laying in bed and going through a playlist on Spotify that someone made of Drive Thru Records songs. I saw Dashboard on there and thought "What if I turn a Dashboard song into a pop punk song?" And then I was immediately inspired and wrote, recorded, and mixed this cover in just a couple hours!

4. @xkhiemster ("Baby Blue") - Great song to cover for the compilation! Woo!

5. @recall reality ("Kill Monsters In The Rain") - I was excited to see a Steel Train song get submitted! They're one of those Drive Thru bands that I feel like didn't really fit in with all the pop punk that the label mostly consisted of, but they were always the band that I felt like had the most talent. And I mean, Jack Antonoff's in the band, so it totally makes sense now, haha. Your cover is great and I think the band would approve!

6. @xkhiemster ("Again I Go Unnoticed") - Throughout the years, I always forget that Dashboard's first album was on DTR. Makes it super convenient for you and me since we wanted to cover DC songs, haha. Good cover!

7. @JakeRabin ("Rum Is For Drinking") - Your production quality is too good. What's your secret?! Such a good cover, man!

8. @Jdaniels ("Hey") - I love this rendition of "Hey." Totally fits your style. Could have been your song.

9. @Damien Davies ("I Don't Wanna Know") - You have such an awesome voice! Even a couple years ago when you recorded this cover. This song totally suits you!

10. @xkhiemster ("Best Of Me") - I'm glad someone covered this song. It wouldn't feel right to have a DTR comp without it. Nice job on it!

Damien Davies likes this.
  16. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Thanks! I've definitively improved my vocal technique since this recording though, I feel the raw sound is still there though. My timing is also a bit rushed in some places, which is why I kept this hidden away. I was going to re-record it.

17. accelerateto88

Perfectly balanced.

Thanks! Glad you dig it. I'm pretty impressed with what you did in just a couple hours on that Dashboard track! Before I decided on TSL, I was almost gonna do Shirt and Gloves. But I thought the TSL song lent itself to full-band easier.

18. Thanks! I was going to do "Leaving" by TSL, but I couldn't figure out how I wanted to do it, so I abandoned it.

19. TheoW593

Regular

Nice job, guys. What's next??

20. JakeRabin

I'm tired.

No secret, jest keep experimenting until you find what sounds right to you. I know plenty of people who don't like my mixes, and plenty who do. Watch YouTube videos on how eq-ing works or how to do simple mixing. Or go to college and end up in debt.

21. that's the mystery at the moment! we'll probably start discussions on what we wanna do next in a couple days. keep an eye out.

22. good tips, sir!

23. JakeRabin

I'm tired.

If you want, I can always just mix your stuff for these comps while you get your sound down. Just tell me what you want and I'll do it. No charge, that goes for anyone.

24. i may take you up on that! i'd be interested to see how you'd mix my stuff!