Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm Member Compilations - HALLOWEEN COMPILATION (Out now!) • Page 224

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Mar 30, 2016.

1. updated the list on the thread's OP. let me know if i'm missing anything, or if any changes need to be made.

about to get started on my Fenix TX cover!

2. I’m gonna do “Leaving” by TSL

elemenohpe likes this.
  3. I’m watching my Drive Thry dvd right now. I’m watching the “steel train montage” video and just noticed that fuckin Scarlett Johansson is on part of it.... what the hell? Haha

4. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

I really wish thread notifications were actually active on this site. UGH.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  5. They are, but only if you’ve visited the thread recently. Otherwise you’d be inundated with notifications. (You can follow a thread and add email notifications as well. That’ll send you an email on new unseen posts in a thread you follow and have them active for.)

Jdaniels and bradsonemanband like this.
  6. TerrancePryor

I'm torn between either "Analog Boy " by RX Bandits or "This Is Dungeon Music" by I Am The Avalanche.

7. JakeRabin

I'm tired.

What It Is To Burn - Finch

8. TerrancePryor

I'm doing "This Is Dungeon Music" by I Am The Avalanche.

9. Common Conversation

Side note, I very much missed the EP/LP date, but I finished what I was working on and thought I'd post here if any of you still wanted to check it out! Echo Back to Me, by Common Conversation

elemenohpe likes this.
  10. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

Steel Train's "Kill Monsters In The Rain" for me.

elemenohpe likes this.
  11. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

She and Jack Antonoff were basically high school sweet hearts and in a relationship for a while.

The Scarlett mentioned in multiple Steel Train songs is Scarlett Johansson. Better Love is specifically about his breakup with her.

Jdaniels and bradsonemanband like this.
  12. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Why did I have to pick such a grandiose endeavor?

Good news is I got the tone i want, bad news is my timing is shit. Transitions are a bit tricky even tho it’s at 80 bpm

2 weeks tho, I’ll just keep cranking this riff I guess.

What’s some good rhythm/timing tricks?

13. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Using a metronome... slightly stretching tracks so they fit the click more accurately (at least at the changes)

14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Gonna Be out of town for most of July, so sadly I’m sitting this one out too

15. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I completely forgot I was getting my wisdom teeth our next week, so I have Monday to start and finish a song if I'm going to do one before the surgery.

16. accelerateto88

Perfectly balanced.

Almost done with my full band cover of Starting Line's The Drama Summer, then I'll start on A Goodnight's Sleep.

@bradsonemanband You can remove that Something Corporate cover for me. Time is flying this month so I'd better stick to just the two covers.

17. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Been pulling off 12 hour days at work this past week, not sure if next week is gonna be any different so idk if I’m gonna finish in time

18. Sorry folks I have to drop out. I got most of the music done but I haven't been able to make the vocals happen. Damn falsetto!

19. TerrancePryor

Screw falsetto. Just growl through it.

20. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

I recently (almost 4 months ago) took over running the business I'd been working at for the last 3 years... it's been taxing on my free time (especially the last couple months during the summer tourist season - most weeks have been 70+ hours lately). I'm amazed that I finished an EP at all... haven't even started on my songs for this and honestly doubt I will. To be fair, The Movielife song I picked wasn't even put out by DTR (I realized that last night).

So, I guess I'm saying my submission is a maybe at this point. May just borrow an acoustic and do a one-take cover...

21. Jdaniels

Regular

Totally forgot about this. Definitely sending in Hey, gonna try to do fullerton today, and I'm really thinking doing new found glory instead of Letters to You, I just cant get letters to you to sound right.

22. Gonna work on my song today!

23. accelerateto88

Perfectly balanced.

Sounds like I'm not the only one struggling this month!

Got my TSL - The Drama Summer full band cover finished. Just tweaking the mix now. I won't have time for a second song unfortuantely.

24. honestly, extending the deadline might be a good idea. i haven't gotten any submissions yet... haha

therookielot and Jdaniels like this.
  25. accelerateto88

Perfectly balanced.

I should have mine in to you tonight at least.