Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm Member Compilations - HALLOWEEN COMPILATION (Out now!) • Page 239

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Mar 30, 2016.

1. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Just fucking go for itttt

2. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Wwwwwwhat would you call Turnpike Troubadours if not country?

ChaseTx and Jdaniels like this.
  3. Jdaniels

Regular

Alt country? Whiskey music? Idk. I'm from 40 minutes south of Nashville. I dont subscribe to the "new country", I have a huge love of George Strait, hank Williams, merlo haggard, my favorite bands are Old 97s, American Aquarium, Third Eye Blind and Lucero. And yet I cant call 97s/aa/tt country.

I'm weird I know and it's a hot take ha.
    I'd love to do an AA or 97s jam for this...I have a hard time allowing myself to.. but if general consensus is that they count as country then I'm definitely submitting Doreen.

My other songs..
    Three Wooden Crosses by randy travis
    God and country music by george strait

4. therookielot

Somebody do that song about checking your partner for ticks

Also someone do a 9/11 medley of all the country songs written about it

bradsonemanband likes this.
  5. Jdaniels

Regular

Ha you really want Ticks? That can be arranged.

6. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

therookielot and bradsonemanband like this.
  7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Turnpike Troubadours are much closer to a traditional country sound than Old 97s imo.

I get that the 97s are probably just as much alt rock as country if not more, but I wouldn't say that about TT

Jdaniels likes this.
  8. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

Hey I’ve never done one of these but I’ve always wanted to. Mark me down for “Crazy” by Patsy Cline.

bradsonemanband and Jdaniels like this.
  9. therookielot

Hahahaha I remember we were working on our sophomore floats for the homecoming parade early one morning before school and I was the Dj aka the one who hijacked the CD player. So i had TOYPAJ cranked and everyone was in a good mood getting shit done. Then this girl was like “Kenny you gotta hear this country song, Toby Keith swears”

So I was curious cause At the time I never heard of a country song with cuss words so I was like “ok you can play that one song” and the part comes on where he drops the “A bomb” and it was the most underwhelming shit. I remember actually getting mad at her, I was like “really these guys are singing about fucking dogs and this is all you got?”

Unrelated but me and my friend Scott added a time machine to the float and put 55378008 on the “LCD screen” we drew hahaha

snaps and Jdaniels like this.
  10. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

About to send mine in. Gee, it's good to be back.

11. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

oh, i didn't think about this being due this weekend.

12. snaps

Regular Supporter

I've got all three of mine like 80% done. Just got a new recording interface that I'm using too. Hope it turns out good.

13. I had some stuff come up so i haven't been able to do anything with this yet... I'll extend it one more week for those of us who fell victim of the 31st sneaking up on us so quickly.

NEW DUE DATE: APRIL 7

therookielot likes this.
  14. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I might resubmit mine. Need to clean up my vocals a little bit, might even re-record it. If you don't hear from me though just post what I sent you.

15. therookielot

One song done

16. snaps

Regular Supporter

I’ve completed my parts. I’m sending the tracks to my guitarist to lay down some leads, but if he doesn’t have time I’m submitting them as is.

17. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

oops

18. Songs due Sunday! I’m gonna work on mine tomorrow. Pray for me. Haha

19. So far I've got 4 submissions, 3 of which are from the same user. Soooooo let's get some more songs on this thing, friends!!! Even if we need to stretch out another week or something, haha.

Jdaniels likes this.
  20. Unrelated to the current comp, but I'm working on a cover of Ilomilo by Billie Eilish. I also have covers of a lot of other songs up on YouTube (not a plug, I'm not linking to my channel) that I'll try to submit if/when they ever fit the comp in here.

21. snaps

Regular Supporter

I will be submitting three tomorrow. I’ve got my parts done. Just working with with collaboration partners. I’m pretty happy with how they are turning out. Did most of the recording stuff myself. My last songs my guitar player engineered them.

22. Got all the music recorded for my Taylor cover today

23. snaps

Regular Supporter

What time are the songs due midnight tomorrow?

24. Just anytime before Monday morning

25. UPDATE: Finished my Taylor Swift cover! I think that's the only one I'm going to be able to get around to today though.