Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm Member Compilations - HALLOWEEN COMPILATION (Out now!) • Page 221

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Mar 30, 2016.

1. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Oh that third track is me btw

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Totally lost track of the days and forgot to submit mine. I guess I'll have to actually finish these songs for next time. Listening now!

Jdaniels and bradsonemanband like this.
  3. TedSchmosby

Trusted

@manoverboard365 - Crystalized: You did The No Seatbelt Song a few comps ago, right? I fell in love with your guitar playing and sound then and it sounds just as good here. The lead sounds beautiful. Amazing lyrics, too. The wordplay of “crystal eyes” and “crystalized” is really clever. I knew I loved your voice from the past covers you’ve done, but hearing it craft your own melodies was so sweet. The falsettos and slight rasp you give to a few words is just... wow. Great song.

@SmashRipsaw - How Much Land Does a Man Need: I had to pause after the piano starts playing over top that swell at the beginning. Guhh, it sounds so good, it has such a clear tone, every note has such glorious sustain. Okay, it’s playing again. Wow, this production. Like, that basketball sound is so brooding. I got lost in the last two minutes of the song, so I didn’t write anything else, but man, thank you for sharing this. I’ll be coming back to it for sure. It kinds of reminds me of a busier Portishead. Also, I like that the title is compelling enough that I was thinking about it the whole time as if it were a lyric, and still the song didn’t feel like it needed lyrics at all.

@ComedownMachine - After Today: What the heck, the production on this sounds incredible, too. How do you guys do it?? I like that your voice gets “closer” during the chorus, like there’s a spoken world quality to it. I’m sorry I couldn’t make out all the lyrics just yet but I'm excited to go back to it and excited to check out the full EP!

@bradsonemanband - never die: Great placement in the compilation. Hearing that familiar acoustic guitar after enjoying those two electronic sounding tracks instantly grabbed me. The bells and the strings give it the same confidence those previous two tracks had though, so I like that this one follows those and then mine can come after with that acoustic thing already set up. The lyrics are really great, and you sound like you know exactly how you want to come across when you’re delivering them. There’s almost this sense of despondency that’s really haunting, because the same lyrics could have been sung in a different way and I think the meaning would change, but I dig the way you did it here.

@elemenohpe - ASAAM: Your ability to do so many styles so well, while still having your identity come through every time, is amazing to me. I always know that when I listen to your stuff I’m in for great production, great playing, and something that sounds like you put your all into it. I’ll be one of the first to check out your EP when it comes out because I admire everything about your work and I need more of it. That’s the thing about your submissions on these comps, they always leave me wanting more.

@ricklightning - No Halo: Oh man, the sparse instrumention that just keeps ringing out is my favourite thing. I don’t know how you got it to sound so good but I wouldn’t change a thing about it. I haven’t heard the original song before, but you made it sound like you wrote these words. The self-loathing is conveyed with such conviction. I love that stuff!

Thanks for sharing, everyone. I can’t wait to check out the full albums of everyone of you. I’m glad this idea worked out. It’s a great extension of what we’ve been doing in this thread and shows how strong the musicianship and community is here.

4. manoverboard365

Trusted

Thanks for the kind words!
    I've really enjoyed this comp. I've already listened through twice in full! Everyone did an awesome job.
    I'm looking forward to finding time to listen to everyone's EPs.

5. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Thanks @TedSchmosby glad you like the song! Everyone did great on this. I always look forward to hearing everyone's original stuff.

6. Jdaniels

Regular

I failed. I'll still send one in tomorrow.

therookielot likes this.
  7. seimagery

instagram.com/thekissingglow/

I failed. Don't think I'll be sending anything, sorry. Going to go through this tonight and listen, glad a lot of people were able to submit some music.

8. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

First of all, let me apologize to everyone and more importantly, Brad. Making music hasn't been in the forefront of my mind lately, I am not inspired and struggling to find the inspiration to finish many of the tracks I have started. It's something I am dealing with, and I know I'll come out the other side eventually, I just need time.

Secondly, and probably most importantly, to everyone who submitted an EP, you all did so well. Thank you for doing what you do.

In the meantime, here is the one song I did finish.

elemenohpe and bradsonemanband like this.
  9. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

10. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

sorry I didn't get around to submitting -- what I started working on started turning into something much bigger and what it is remains a little unclear so I don't want to release anything until I am confident in what it is. but it's super cool and new and I can't wait to share it with you all :- )

will check out all of these EPs when I get a more stable internet connection

Jdaniels and elemenohpe like this.
  11. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

I may have finished vocals. I expect to have my EP done in a few days to a week. Going to share it as soon as I'm done!

12. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Damn I’m thinking of things I wanna tweak or add now.

13. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

25 years of Hopeless Records compilation for the next one?

14. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

That sounds like a good idea.

15. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

If it happens, this is a good list of all the releases Hopeless Records has had a hand in.

16. TerrancePryor

I definitely wanna cover Atom And His Package's "Undercover Funny."

17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'm cool with a Hopeless comp. That gives me two TBS albums to choose from.

18. elemenohpe Jun 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 21, 2018)
    elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Thanks to angel paste for the artwork!

I just sent this off to a buddy of mine to have his take at a mix / master so I may have a better sounding version soon... until then, this one was all me. Hope everyone enjoys it!

therookielot and bradsonemanband like this.
  19. JakeRabin

I'm tired.

My friends band was on Hopeless so it'd be funny if I just cover his song and have him sing on it.

20. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

What band?

Also, what happened with your EP(s)?

21. Jdaniels

Regular

Hopeless means I can do TBS, Dangerous Summer, and Yellowcard!

aoftbsten likes this.
  22. I’d be down for a Hopeless Records comp

23. Let's vote!

Choices:
    Hopeless Records comp
    Hopeless Records comp
    Hopeless Records comp

Gee, I wonder which one will win. I'm really hoping it's Hopeless Records comp, but you never know with these polls! Oh, the anticipation!

Jdaniels likes this.
  24. TerrancePryor

I want Victory Records to win so I can cover Design The Skyline.

elemenohpe likes this.
  25. elemenohpe Jun 24, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 24, 2018)
    elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Hopeless, Drive-Thru, Victory, Saddle Creek, Epitaph, Vagrant, Metal Blade, Fearless, Fat Wreck Chords, SideOneDummy, Sumerian, IDGAF... whatevs.