Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm Member Compilations - HALLOWEEN COMPILATION (Out now!) • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Mar 30, 2016.

1. holypinto

http://holypinto.bandcamp.com

dude! i just figured who you are! haha. I tend to use ap.net to check up on news - don't really post/use the forums, but I really, really wanted to get involved in this compilation. you doing it too?

Thank you for the offer, though i'm super keen on the challenge though and doing it myself!! I'll put it down to a lower key if I have to, but hopefully should be okay. Looking forward to your cover!

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

hah, if only i could do anything musically. still cool to see you on here!

3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Haha, I'm actually passing on this one. Most of the songs I knew were already taken. Can't wait to see what's next though! @holypinto

4. If you want to a song that's already taken, I can make it a "bonus track" or something, assuming that the person doing the one you want to do actually comes through!

5. Mr. Serotonin

How much time is left?

6. Mr. Serotonin

Ehhh, I gotta prepare for a Nashville gig that's on the 10th actually. I'll just try to get on the next one. Has the theme/artist been picked?

7. It hasn't officially picked yet. But the idea of a Weezer tribute album came up recently, and I think that could be fun. If anyone has any other suggestions though, I'd definitely like to hear them.

InfiniteArms and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  8. Mr. Serotonin

Oh hell yeah, I'd be on board for that.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  9. dongusbologna

I used to be PIG DESTROYER

Just saying hi.

I was PIG DESTROYER on absolutepunk and never wanted to change my name since I'd had it for 10 years, but it always made people think I was, you know, in the band.
    So here's my terrible new name.
    More epic emo covers coming soon.

Brad, are you going to change the names on the old comps for people who have new usernames?

10. Hey dude! Man, I've been toying with the idea of changing everyone's names and even the album artwork for the ones that have the AP logo/name, but I feel like it would be a lot more a hassle than useful. If users ask me to change their names on the prior comps, I'll do that. That's fine. I just don't want to go digging to find who everyone is now, haha.

11. subbin.

Still waiting on Paramore, Fall Out Boy, Death Cab, etc.

I mean, my username is the same, but I think not changing them is good for antiquity, if that makes sense (maybe I'm using "antiquity" in a weird way?). Acknowledging our roots. If anything, don't change the covers.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  12. good call

also, remember how we were sooooo close to doing death cab, but then we just did a fall mix instead? rats!

13. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

Hi! I was simplejack on absolutepunk.net so I kept the name for chorus.fm. Looking forward to record Broken Heart this weekend. Two tracks recorded with Audacity are good enough?

14. Working on my cover today!

15. 8 DAYS TO GET YOUR MOTION CITY SOUNDTRACK COVERS SUBMITTED!!!

16. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Did you get mine?

17. CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  18. Doctor Proper

I'm eager to hear this.

19. Songs due in ONE WEEK from today! AHHHH!!! :)

Jason Tate and Chase Tremaine like this.
  20. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

Ahh, I wish I checked this sooner. I won't be able to do anything in a week. Any word on what the next one will be? Or when the next originals one will be? I want to get a head start.

21. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Might have time to squeeze out a crummy cover of Her Words Destroyed My Planet tomorrow. I've been wanting to take part in these for a long time (since the TEN) but got banned from AP...

I'll see if any remaining songs interest me enough to bang out a cover otherwise I'll wait for next month.

22. I've been toying with the idea of doing a Weezer compilation next, and then an Originals one after that.

23. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

+1 for a Weezer one. That would rock.

24. JoshShulkin

Regular Supporter

Hello everyone I was shulkinator on absolutepunk and now I'm here.

My cover of Last Night is recorded just gotta mix it and send it out. Woooo!