Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm Member Compilations - HALLOWEEN COMPILATION (Out now!) • Page 256

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Mar 30, 2016.

1. ricklightning

Compañero

Everything recorded for Circles, so on sunday after I'm done with mixing you will get a seventh song,

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. hero status.

EmoEmpire likes this.
  3. Jdaniels

Regular

My wife kicked me out, the day I recorded my covers. I never emailed em to myself and she hasnt done it yet. So I doubt I'll be on this!

4. @@ron

Regular

Kicked you out?

EmoEmpire likes this.
  5. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Hopefully you get everything sorted out man.

EmoEmpire likes this.
  6. therookielot

Post it upppp

EmoEmpire likes this.
  7. Compilation #49 is officially up!

bobsheiskawy, EmoEmpire, mad and 2 others like this.
  8. therookielot

Yo can you change it to “Say Anything/Karl Kuehn” just wanna make sure Karl gets credit cause he wrote and composed most of the song ‍♀️

9. bradsonemanband Feb 10, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 10, 2020)
    Yup! I’ll fix that asap

EDIT: Fixed!

therookielot likes this.
  10. I see I have the honor of being the closer yet again haha

Gonna try to give this a listen later today.

11. bradsonemanband Feb 10, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 10, 2020)
    Everyone did a great job on this comp! @ricklightning especially killed it. Your recordings sound so good, and it makes me jealous, haha. And I can't believe this is the 49th compilation we've done! Wow!

Running these has been one of my favorite things I've ever done, creatively. I've recorded more music for these compilations than I've recorded with any of my bands over the last 5 years. I've stepped out of my comfort zone, I've experimented, I've rushed and gotten a song written/recorded/mixed the night before the due date, etc. This has been a really cool and fun way for me to record and release new music, and it's been especially awesome watching so many users on this site come, go, and grow musically along with me. I'm really proud I've been able to give us all a platform to release music.

I've been thinking a lot about this lately, and I feel confident enough in my decision now to announce it, but... I think after the next comp (#50), I am going to step down as being the curator/head honcho of running these... 50 compilations in just under 5 years is a huge milestone, and I feel like it's a good time for me to hop into the backseat and relax for a bit. I do plan on still participating in recording music for these, so I'll definitely still be in the thread, of course.

I don't want these compilations to end so I'm hoping one (or a couple) of you will take the torch and run these for me, and for all of us. If anyone's interested in taking over, please let me know via comment or PM, and we will discuss it. I want to make sure I give the job to someone who is really serious about running these and won't let it all fizzle out, so please don't say you're interested in taking over if you feel like you can't commit or whatever.

Love youuuuu!

12. EmoEmpire

Husband. Dad. One-Man-Band.

simple but awesome cover art. I like it!

13. therookielot

Ima do a review. Need to start doing these before we announce a new comp imo.

14. Since the next comp is #50, should we do something like 70s songs? Or 50s songs? Or something not related to the number 50? Ha

EmoEmpire and phaynes12 like this.
  15. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

70s songs, for sure

16. EmoEmpire

1950's song would be interesting. I'd have to do a bit of research! Would be cool as to hear modern version of very old songs

17. EmoEmpire

I reckon you get to choose the comp @bradsonemanband to honour you setting up 50 of these comps! Anyone agree?

18. Only polka covers! :-)

EmoEmpire likes this.
  19. EmoEmpire

20. EmoEmpire

What's the plan @bradsonemanband (I'm obviously way too excited by these comps)

21. EmoEmpire

[​IMG]

22. Seems like there isn’t much interest at the moment. Let’s wait a little bit and see when more people are ready to do a new comp.

23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

we should try to focus on bands/themes that are actually relevant and not just keep throwing the same all time low and new found glory names into the comp that no one really seems to have any interest covering haha

24. EmoEmpire

The problem is everyone has a different opinion of who a 'relevant' band is. Just look how successful the My Chemical Romance comp was. I think New Found Glory are legends but I understand they aren't everyone's favourite band. I guess the main thing is getting common consensus within those who contribute the songs to the comps.

25. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I personally prefer comp themes that are more open like “best of 2019” and “no boys allowed” to artist specific ones