Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm Member Compilations: Currently on Hiatus • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Benjamin Lee, Apr 14, 2021.

1. accelerateto88

Perfectly balanced.

Hey Ben, can you edit the first post and paste in the new comp guidelines there so it's easy to find going forward? Appreciate it in advance!

2. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Yeah. Do you just want me to post general guidelines that will apply to all comps, or do you want me to like, put all the info from the post I made about the deadlines and such? Sorry, I might be slightly, uh... high, so I just want to make for sure what you mean.

3. accelerateto88

Perfectly balanced.

Haha, no worries. I really liked how @bradsonemanband would keep it updated for whatever the current comp we're working on was. So if you just copy/paste your comment with all that info already typed out into the first post, that's all I'm looking for.

bradsonemanband and Benjamin Lee like this.
  4. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Alright, cool, I can do that now and moving forward. Thanks for letting me know! I've never organized anything like this, so any feedback I can get to improve is greatly appreciated.

EmoEmpire and accelerateto88 like this.
  5. accelerateto88

Perfectly balanced.

You're already doing a great job! And I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates you restarting this project. Thanks for that effort!

6. I definitely appreciate it :-)

7. EmoEmpire

Husband. Dad. One-Man-Band.

You guys got any ideas on how to spread this so more chorus people jump in on this?

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  8. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

For this comp, not really. When we do band specific comps someone will usually go into whatever active thread the band has and let the people there know that we’re doing a comp for the band. For just a random comp, I don’t know what to do. You can always invite people you know outside of the forum. Hell, maybe you can convince them to join Chorus. :eh:

EmoEmpire and David Parke like this.
  9. @Jason Tate is pretty good about publicizing these in the weekly newsletter if the lead-time and creative is there. Resurrecting this seems good enough reason as any!

10. I got my first song completely finished. Just need to record vocals on my second and then I'll be sending them off!

11. Benjamin Lee Apr 23, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 23, 2021)
    Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Alright, I think I did this right, but this is a doc anyone should be able to edit and add their ideas to. If people can confirm it works, I'll add it to the main post at the start of the thread too.

Chorus.fm Comp Ideas

EmoEmpire and bobsheiskawy like this.
  12. bradsonemanband Apr 23, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 23, 2021)
    I like the idea of everyone making suggestions, for sure. One thing we used to do in ye olden days is we'd discuss a bunch of ideas for the next compilation in the thread to spark conversation, and then after I'd see 2-4 ideas getting lots of attention, I'd make a poll on here with the most popular ideas, then post the poll link in here, let everyone vote, and then when there was a clear winner, that would be the next comp. That was always pretty successful, but obviously you're Mister Manager now, so shake it up however you'd like! I'll support you. :-)

EmoEmpire and Benjamin Lee like this.
  13. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I was going to do essentially that, but someone in that poll I did suggested trying a google doc to get a bunch of ideas together. Figured it was worth a shot. Ye olden days makes me feel ye old. :crylaugh: I realized my first submission was in 2015, so it's been 7 years of myself doing these. Then others have been going longer. Its cool people are still into it.

EmoEmpire and bradsonemanband like this.
  14. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Also, whoever mentioned making the themed comps a little less broad than just like "Summer Songs", we can definitely try that out. Assuming the google doc works, you can add any ideas there. :-)

EmoEmpire and bradsonemanband like this.
  15. Yeah I'm glad to see people getting excited about them again. We used to do them very frequently, but then it started to kinda die down a bit and we'd only get a couple of submissions haha. I'm diggin the resurgence of interest! It's motivating, for sure.

EmoEmpire and Benjamin Lee like this.
  16. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Yeah, I had to step back for a bit from submitting, and really using Chorus, just because I had a lot of personal issues I had to deal with before I felt it was healthy for me to come back. I remember things dying down a bit, but hopefully people will be excited to do these again for at least a little bit. I always checked out the comps even if I wasn't actively posting on the site or joining in submitting.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  17. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

Could we do it as a Google Sheet instead of a Doc? Have ideas in the first column, users add their name to the right if they're interested?

18. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Yes. I may need you to format it once I’ve created it though because I have zero understanding of how sheets work. My dad’s tried to teach me Excel so many times and it just doesn’t click. Haha

bobsheiskawy and bradsonemanband like this.
  19. accelerateto88

Perfectly balanced.

We just say manager.

20. David Parke and Benjamin Lee like this.
  21. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I actually prefer the title "our lordship".

22. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Here's the google sheets: Chorus.fm Comp Ideas

Please make this functional I'm too stupid to understand sheets. haha

23. accelerateto88

Perfectly balanced.

I did some real basic editing and added the first idea.

24. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Awesome, thank you! Also, whoever put "Covers of other members original songs" in the google doc, I don't want to steal your thunder, so definitely add that. I think that's a really cool idea.

25. i couldn't decide if that was actually a cool idea or not, but i added it back haha.

trevorshmevor and Benjamin Lee like this.