Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm Member Compilations: Currently on Hiatus • Page 25

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Benjamin Lee, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Monday night. Technically my rule is to just get it to me before I wake up Tuesday but Monday seemed more specific.

David Parke and bradsonemanband like this.
  2. Gonna do what I did for the Halloween comp and submit a track or two from the last comps that got pulled. :heart:

3. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Tomorrow is the day!

4. Got the music to my song recorded today. I’ll do vocals tomorrow and then send it over!

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  5. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Bummer, I thought I had at least 2 more weeks haha- my fault, ive had a busy, played a show last week actually.

anyway heres a pic of me prefacing my set with “im not doing a christmas song” lmAo
    F4F9DED2-E995-48F8-99D9-77228BAD58A8.jpeg

6. SIGNED SEALED DELIVERED I'M YOOOOURS

trevorshmevor and Benjamin Lee like this.
  7. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Alright, so we only got 5 submissions. So, this will be a little EP of a comp. But with that said, we're gonna skip out on making tapes since it's hard to justify pressings tapes with only 14 minutes of music. I'll post the comp either later today or tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who submitted!

8. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Okay, it's up! As always, lemme know if I fucked any of the track info up.

9. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Also, we are now gonna go on a hiatus until February. We made some killer comps this year, and I'm excited to see what we can do next year! We'll be starting off with Best of 2021 (if anyone wants to get a headstart).

Sidenote: What was everyone's favorite comp?

10. trevorshmevor Dec 8, 2021
    (Last edited: Dec 8, 2021)
    Only a few of us, but nice job everyone! @SmashRipsaw I had not looked at the song titles and was just letting this play through, the SNL cover took me very much by surprise lol. That was a great idea and turned out super fun

11. therookielot

Hey whats planned next fam?

getting stir crazy in this midwestern freeze

bradsonemanband likes this.
  12. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Best of 2021 will start taking submissions at some point in February. So, you can get a head start on stuff if you got the itch! I’m currently going through medication withdrawals so my health is… bad. I lost health insurance. So, I need a bit more time until I’ll feel well enough to get this back running.

13. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

If you all are bored and want to do originals, I'm putting together a compilation for my label in support of Hope For The Day, a really great charity that provides mental health and suicide prevention counseling.

Hope you're feeling better @Benjamin Lee

14. awesome comp! submitted.

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  15. therookielot

Awesome, yeah i got something I could submit. When is it due?

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  16. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Due date is early February, but I might push it back a week or two since a few people need more time.

17. therookielot

What if we did a best of compilation, like pick a song youve done already for another comp and we slap it on a new compilation? Something youre proud of -

NOW THATS WHAT I CALL CHORUS.FM: volume 1

18. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I've considered doing something like this so some of the bangers from the "Brad era" can be available again. I'm down to do it if others are. I remember there being some cool submissions over the like... what, 10ish years Brad ran the comps? So it'd be cool to bring some of those back.

19. therookielot

Hi

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  20. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

SmashRipsaw and bradsonemanband like this.
  21. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Alright guys, it's comp time! We are doing Best of 2021. So, any song that was released in 2021 is fair game. No, I don't care if you cover something off one of the "Taylor's Version" records.

Everyone gets two submissions! Call your songs out here to try and avoid duplicates.

When emailing me your submissions, put in the subject that it’s for the Best of 2021 comp. Then provide the information below (I would appreciate a copy/paste of this format).

Chorus Name:
    Artist Name:
    Song name:
    Original artist name:
    Links:

The deadline is: Monday, March 14th
    Send songs to: appendixflushrecords@gmail.com

Thanks, everyone! It's good to be back.

Songs taken:

SmashRipsaw and bradsonemanband like this.
  22. I was just looking at my top played songs of 2021 and 95% of them didn't even come out last year hahaha. So I will need to do some deeper research. Or is this going to just turn into an Olivia Rodrigo comp? :-)

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  23. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I will have zero complaints if I receive nothing but Olivia Rodrigo covers.

24. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Anyone have any songs they're thinking of covering?

25. straylight93

I'm thinking of doing Leaves by Aeon Station. However, I now have a 5 week old baby, so not sure if I'll actually be able to get it done on time.

Benjamin Lee likes this.