Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm Member Compilations: Currently on Hiatus • Page 23

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Benjamin Lee, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Maybe I’ll run a poll in the next day or two and see if people would want to do that or would prefer being able to cover anything. I love the idea, and my Originals tape sits proudly on my shelf so I would be happy to have another.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Alright, quick poll. I'd appreciate if everyone interested in a holiday comp answered. Thanks guys. :)

Holiday Comp

3. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

The poll results are 40/60 in favor of doing the Holiday comp originals/public domain.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  4. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Procrastinators rise up, it is the weekend before the due date! Everything is due by Monday night. Excited to hear what everyone came up with. :)

kelcytaylor and congruence like this.
  5. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

I did a scratch track ln on my watch and in music memos.

Ill be tweaking it throughout the weekend

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  6. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Songs are due tomorrow night! From the submissions I’ve gotten, this one’s already a banger.

7. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I feel bad spamming this thread, but songs are due tonight. Get them to me before I wake up tomorrow. Thanks guys!

David Parke and bradsonemanband like this.
  8. i'll mix mine today and send it over.

David Parke and Benjamin Lee like this.
  9. therookielot

bradsonemanband likes this.
  10. emailing mine now!!!!

David Parke and Benjamin Lee like this.
  11. therookielot

sending one of mines

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  12. therookielot

Sent the other

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  13. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Comp will be posted tomorrow. Sorry for the delay!

14. congruence

Got a light?

Hype!

15. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Alright, it's up! As usual, lemme know if I fucked anything up in the track info.

16. looks great! excited to jam this thing today while i work.

i hope you all enjoy my improvised song where i basically just sing my favorite pumpkin seed recipe that i recorded just before i submitted my songs... haha :-) and seriously, make those pumpkin seeds! they're delicious.

17. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

It's one of my favorites on the comp. haha

David Parke and bradsonemanband like this.
  18. Roman Rogowski

Amazing work everyone! This is seriously incredible :hearteyes:

19. therookielot

Listening in the bath with a pizza;

pretty trippy so far…

@Benjamin Lee also you can -“monster” from the title of the last one- that was only a note I left cause I added a drone effect in one of the files lmao

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  20. therookielot

Man im really digging this, im glad we got 13 contributions to make it extra spooky

21. SmashRipsaw Oct 29, 2021
    (Last edited: Oct 29, 2021)
    SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Some of these songs are goofy af. Love the creativity on this comp.

22. This turned out great! Always fun to hear different interpretations on Halloween themed music. One of those rare themes where pretty much anything goes

Benjamin Lee and kelcytaylor like this.
  23. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I may end up doing a track-by-track at some point, I just haven't had time since this comp was released. However, just a heads up, the next (and final comp of 2021) will be announced on Monday. Excited to see what you guys come up with to cap off the year!

24. Benjamin Lee Nov 8, 2021
    (Last edited: Nov 8, 2021)
    Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Alright, sorry this is so late. Had a crazy day. But it's time for another comp! This time we're doing Holiday songs (with a physical release!). I'm thinking we donate sales to charity again but that's up to @SmashRipsaw as he's running the physical side. But, with that in mind, we are doing both originals and public domain covers. A list of public domain Christmas songs (which is most of what are now considered classics) can be found here: https://support.easysong.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047491414-Christmas-Songs-in-the-Public-Domain

You are allowed two submissions. I'm not enforcing the "one cover per song" rule on this comp with limited cover options, so no need to call out your song if you don't want to.

When emailing me your submissions, put in the subject that it’s for the Holiday comp. Then provide the information below (I would appreciate a copy/paste of this format).

Chorus Name:
    Artist Name:
    Song name:
    Original artist name:
    Links:

The deadline is: Monday, December 6th
    Send songs to: appendixflushrecords@gmail.com

Thanks guys! Excited to hear what you come up with. This will be the last comp until February, so I hope you all enjoy the Holidays and a nice little break from these. Hopefully next year we'll be energized and ready for more!

Edit: I’m dumb and didn’t think about physical production time so I moved the due date up a week.

25. nice!

Benjamin Lee likes this.