Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm Member Compilations: Currently on Hiatus

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Benjamin Lee, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Benjamin Lee Apr 14, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 16, 2022)
    Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Our pal @bradsonemanband has passed the torch of the user compilations over to me. Thanks to anyone joining in! These have always been fun, so I'm hoping to see interest in them return. :-)

Have any ideas for a future comp? Add it to this google sheets, and leave an X next to any comp on there that you really like the idea of: Chorus.fm Comp Ideas

We are currently on hiatus.

Check out our newest comp:

2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

cool

EmoEmpire and Benjamin Lee like this.
  3. Excited to see these carrying on. Thanks for taking the reins!

4. Huh, the last time I contributed was before I came out.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  5. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I really liked your contributions in the past, so I'd love to hear more from you at some point. :-) Also, congrats on coming out!

6. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

I will participate.

7. accelerateto88

Perfectly balanced.

Stoked!

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  8. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Heck ya

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  9. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Punk rock

10. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Alright, I want to make these as good as possible so I made a short survey to get feedback on how you want these comps to work. I'd appreciate it if any of you did it. Should take a minute at the absolute most. Thank you! Chorus fm. Comp Feedback

bobsheiskawy likes this.
  11. Benjamin Lee Apr 17, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 17, 2021)
    Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Thank you everyone for your responses! Helped me out a lot. Someone suggested creating a google doc where anyone can add ideas for future comps, which I thought was a good idea, so I'll create that at some point in the next week. But here's the info for this first comp:

We'll be doing an any cover goes comp.

I know some people separate art from the artist and I'm not going to judge them for that, but for the sake of this, please don't submit a cover of an artist like Brand New. So no controversial artists is the only thing not allowed.

Deadline is: May 17th

You can submit up to two songs.

You can also ask friends of yours outside of Chorus if they want to take part.

Submit your covers to: appendixflushrecords@gmail.com

WAV or FLAC is preferred, but I'll take any format.

I can also help with some production stuff if you have no way to mix and/or master your song. Just please get the mix track or stems to me at least a week before the deadline, I can't help with anything submitted later than that due to time restrictions.

And finally, please include any necessary information in the email (song title, and what artist name you want to go under). This can be anything from your real name, to the name of a band you're in, or just your Chorus username.

Comp will release 1-5 days after the deadline (just so I have a little wiggle room in case I have a fairly packed schedule).

Thank you everyone for participating! It's been while since we did this, so I'm excited to get back to it. :-)

12. Just to set the record straight, Bandcamp didn’t delete my account because of Taylor Swift covers.

I’m excited for another comp! Already racking my brain about which song(s) to do.

13. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Ah, thought that I read something about that. I’ll retract the Tatay clause then. Thanks for clearing that up.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  14. phaynes12

actually already started on mine

15. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I actually have the instrumental for mine like, 90+% done. Just need to do vocals. I’m covering Title Track by Death Cab for Cutie.

EmoEmpire likes this.
  16. phaynes12

gonna do lady may by tyler childers for sure and thinking about also maybe doing 24 frames by Jason isbell but not 100%

17. bradsonemanband Apr 17, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 18, 2021)
    Got the drums done to a cover song today. Having second thoughts on doing this song but I’ll record it all and see what I think when it’s done.

EmoEmpire likes this.
  18. EmoEmpire

Husband. Dad. One-Man-Band.

Just catching up now. Looking forward to this!

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  19. EmoEmpire

Btw I know nothing about Brand New. What did they do controversial?

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  20. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

It’s been a few years, but the singer had relationships with underage fans. There may have been some grooming too, but I don’t 100% remember. You can google it. I don’t want to get much into it beyond that though just because of what this thread is. Don’t want it bogged down with the controversy.

Excited to have you here! Whether you submit or just listen, it’s much appreciated. :-)

EmoEmpire and bradsonemanband like this.
  21. I got the instrumentals done for 2 covers today! Woo for being productive!

22. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

You are an absolute god. I wish I was good enough to get one out of me in a week... two in one day actually just blows my mind.

EmoEmpire and bradsonemanband like this.
  23. phaynes12

i didn't like the mic i had for my vocal take today. guitars are done but I'm gonna swap mics and do the vocals again tomorrow.

Benjamin Lee and EmoEmpire like this.
  24. EmoEmpire

I'm gunna cover my fav Jimmy Eat World song

25. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

There is never a bad time to do a Jimmy Eat World cover. We could be doing a Lana Del Rey comp and it would still be a good time for a Jimmy Eat World cover. Excited to hear what you do!