Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm Member Compilations - HALLOWEEN COMPILATION (Out now!) • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Mar 30, 2016.

1. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Okay, def working on Her Words Destroyed My Planet. Laid out a skeleton today... going to add some stuff and polish it up over the week.

2. Have to do vocals sometime this week on mine. Girlfriend has the flu right now, I need to record before I potentially get it too hahaha

3. I still need to get started on recording mine. I have the drums and bass all programmed, but guitars and vocals are so hard for me to find time to get done lately! It'll be ready in time though. Even if I have to stay up all night the night before... haha.

6 days!

4. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

How are submissions going for this? I imagine the changeover from AP.net has slowed down submissions, and probably interest in the entire thing.

Please prove me wrong though

5. When I checked a couple days ago I think there were five already.

6. I hate to do it so late in the game, but... I think I'm gonna change my song. I'm just not feeling my "L.G. FUAD" cover so far. I'm going to be so last minute with finishing mine, haha. It's all good though. Rushing can sometimes produce cool results!

7. Sucks but I have to drop out of this one. I'm going out of town on Saturday morning and there's just no way I'm going to have the time to finish up between now and then. Can't wait to hear how this turns out though!

8. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Noticed the song I'm working on (Her Words Destroyed My Planet) isn't listed on the first page. I know the chances are small but wanted to make sure you didn't start on that song too.

9. Oops! My bad. I've updated the list. It's all yours.

10. So I've decided to still do "L.G. FUAD" but I completely re-did and re-wrote everything that I already had. I like it a lot more now! It's totally different from the original, but also kind of the same. I'm excited to show you guys!

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  11. MikeYabs

Popping in to sub, and to make my first appearance on the new site. Same username as before. Looks like I should still be good for this comp. The guy I'm collaborating with should be sending me his part tomorrow, so I'll have just enough time to do vocals and send it over.

12. Awesome!

13. JoshShulkin

Regular Supporter

Alright just finished mixing my song! I'm gonna be sending it in here in a few minutes. I'm really happy with the outcome

14. xxshawn

I'm really bummed that I can't get my entry in in time. I was going to do vocals this week but monday night I got super sick and I've been stuck in bed since. I'll probably still finish my cover when I'm better but it unfortunately won't be in time for the deadline. Sorry! :(

15. dongusbologna

I used to be PIG DESTROYER

I officially learned my lesson this time: Stop calling songs before actually having a general idea of how to play the song and what I want to do with it. "The Weakends" turned out to never quite feel right, and I also don't have enough time left to attempt it.
    HOWEVER. I will instead be spending most of my weekend trying to make "Everyone Will Die" even prettier, so I'm not out yet. Just switching it up.

16. Still plan on getting mine in, but it's for sure gonna come down to the wire haha. Not really crazy about the vocal takes I got earlier this week and if I have some more time, I might as well use it.

17. I will do my vocals on Sunday probably haha. But the music is done and sounding great.

18. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

Submitted my cover of Broken Heart right now. Hope it sounds decent.

19. holypinto

http://holypinto.bandcamp.com

Really sad to say I can't make the cover in time :( I put it off til this weekend (I'm a super last minute person) but my band just got offered a last minute tour and I have to shoot off tomorrow morning for 15 days. Was really excited about this and do apologise for letting you down. Next time I'll do my cover almost straight away / before I message in to confirm - to make sure it's done and this doesn't happen.

Very excited to hear the finished compilation though! Best wishes to all participating :)

20. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

finished all my initial tracking today. need to trim up some excess noise on tracks and I'd like to re-do some of the vocal parts but if I don't have time I'll be happy to submit this as it is.

really happy for my first time recording in A LONG time and my limited resources (Guitar Hero microphone for my mic input; guitar amp mic'ing / Rocksmith cable for direct in bass)

wish I had time to program drums and THEN record the song but, I did this in 2-3 days. No metronome (which shows at parts) but I am still pretty proud all things considered.

21. bradsonemanband Apr 9, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 10, 2016)
    Songs are due TOMORROW!!! Be sure to send them to ChorusFMComps@hotmail.com and be sure to include your username from here, as well as any band name/pseudonym you may have.

22. Just finished my cover of "L.G. Fuad." Woo!

23. MikeYabs

im running down to the wire with this as well. got the piano recording from my buddy while i was at work earlier and just got back from seeing homeless gospel choir. gonna try to bust this out in the morning before work, if not immediately after in the evening. definitely gonna be the last one to submit this one.

24. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Finished trimming everything up. Hoping I can redo a couple of the vocal takes today but it won't be until this afternoon/evening.

@bradsonemanband - I know these are due today but is there a specific time that you cut it off?