Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm Fantasy Football $$$$ League Football • Page 5

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Jun 10, 2016.

1. michaelvalerijr

Pressure's mountin' but I don't Everest

It's probably too late this year, but in the future I vote that we get rid of the Kicker, and add another WR or Flex. The kicker spot is bullshit and provides too much luck-based variance.

Also, are trading picks allowed? Like, could I trade my 1st and 10th rounders, for somebody's 2nd and 5th, for instance? Just curious.

2. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I don't think kicker is a total crapshoot just because it's hard to predict. Teams with conservative, clock controlling philosophies tend to lean on their kickers a lot more. I just try to pick kickers on teams who are good at that.

It is a lot of variance as far as whether a kicker will have a lot of field goal opportunities in a specific game or not. But over a season you tend to see specific teams' kickers have a lot more steady volume than others, and it usually coincides with how the coach will slow-play a drive when a penalty sets them back or when they're trying to eat clock. Whereas the coaches who attack more often have higher percentages of TDs and turnovers in the redzone and lower percentages of FGs than other teams.

I'm only telling you guys my strategy because I should probably have my pick of the litter of kickers this year, as the first pick of round 15. lol

3. michaelvalerijr

I hear ya man, but basically every industry league nowadays gets rid of the kicker spot, too. It's a waste.

4. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I'm pretty sure I had trade picks set to on

5. Today's the day

6. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I'm gonna have to get on an earlier train to make it home on time....that stinks but one of the few downsides of living three hours in the past.

7. michaelvalerijr

So...anybody want my 2nd rounder 15th pick overall, and my 10th for your 4th rounder and 5th rounder?

8. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Sorry man, we could've made it a bit later if you'd told me

9. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

It's not a huge deal.

10. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Yeah, I'm still going to be at work at 6 so I'll have to lock myself in another room and pretend I'm not here so I don't get pulled away

11. Randall Mentzos

Why dont we push it to 10 pm EST? Anyone object to that?

12. Randall Mentzos

I mean try to be be here at 9 of course in case not everyone gets the memo but i dont mind stalling 30 minutes or a bit longer if that means KJ and PepsiOne can self pick their teams.

13. PepsiOne

Like KJ said, it's not a big deal, so I'm cool with whatever.

14. PepsiOne

Nothing can stop me from self-picking this year after I was three picks late to the draft last year and ended up with Lynch, Luck and Alshon who played a collective like five games the whole season.

15. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

we're keeping it at 9. its been that way for months.

michaelvalerijr likes this.
  16. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I'm good either way. I don't care if we have to push to 10pm so others can join

17. michaelvalerijr

Yeah I can't do later than 9. Sorry!

18. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

trading draft picks are turned on, by the way if anyone wants to/knows how to do it

19. michaelvalerijr

I tried but couldn't find anywhere to do it haha

20. jmwhit04

May Your Music Break My Eardrums Prestigious

One year I knew I was gonna miss the first 10-15 minutes. I thought I would miss two picks at most so I only pre-ranked the first 20 players. Ended up missing my third pick too and got fucked because Shonn Greene was their 21 or 22 pre-ranked player.

21. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I am thinking that that might only be for keeper leagues

for example, during the year if I trade you player X and a 5th for your 3rd next year, or something. because I can't find it right now either

22. Randall Mentzos

I was kinda considering his offer too

23. jmwhit04

May Your Music Break My Eardrums Prestigious

You could still do it technically if you just draft who he wants and vice versa

24. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

25. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

yea, I am able to edit the draft order in each round

[​IMG]