Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm Fantasy Football $$$ League 2020 Football • Page 2

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Jun 29, 2020.

1. michaelvalerijr

Pressure's mountin' but I don't Everest

Your argument is not statistic based at all. By your good offense, running team argument, Robbie Gould should’ve been a top 5 kicker. And Josh Lambo? He should’ve been trash, since your Jags were trash (fine. 20th in offense, middle of the pack rushing). What about Matt Prater and Detroit’s below-average O and rushing attack? I could go on. Everyone knows Justin Tucker rules, I’m not arguing that. Fact is, EVEN if there was a surefire way to nail it, it’s not fun. But it’s not surefire despite what you state.

2. michaelvalerijr

I can see that you have dug in and won't be swayed by numbers, but fuck it, here is a good link to a reddit discussion on it--there is one user who puts forth some numbers on result vs. expert projection that sums up my point fairly well, also as a rebuttal within the post.
    Do you play with no kickers? : fantasyfootball

3. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

I'm also anti-kicker, but anti-superflex

michaelvalerijr likes this.
  4. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

league has been renewed and set up

I just picked a random night in early September for the draft. Let me know if that works or if we should change it

I think it was 9/2

5. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

Should we give any thought to adding an extra bench slot in case of last minute COVID scratches? Or maybe an injured list spot?

9/2 works for me btw

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  6. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

I’d be down with an IL spot

7. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

yeah I am down with either of those options

even both tbh

8. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

Do we know how Covid players are going to be classified? Will it be IR or NA? I’d be cool with adding something like that though for sure.

9. michaelvalerijr

I'm cool with any amount of extra bench or IR spots, or both. Hell, I've even seen people suggest doing leagues as best ball (not sure if thats an option in yahoo) that way if there is a last second scratch (there will be way more than normal) one of your bench guys just counts (there really is no bench or starting, you just assemble a team and your best at each position gets the points for the week.) I know normally that is not the same as having to make lineup decisions, but lets face it, this year is going to be so fucking different. I'm down for whatever. Just no kickers. ;-)

10. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Definitely open to the idea as well

michaelvalerijr likes this.
  11. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

so what does everyone think? add 1 extra bench spot and 1 IL spot?

John Lopiano likes this.
  12. Sure

13. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

Yes

14. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Yes

15. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Yea

16. foolton

SACTO STYLE Prestigious

in the off chance someone bails can I play Brandon :)

xbrokendownx likes this.
  17. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

no

foolton likes this.
  18. foolton

SACTO STYLE Prestigious

kk

but really though I’m not just memeing lol

xkj1985x likes this.
  19. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

We are just over two weeks away from draft night....should we open things up to start collecting payments or what is the plan on that exactly?

20. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

Can we discuss what we want to do if the season gets canceled or something? Most leagues I’m in are putting in a minimum games played clause which is like everyone gets their money back if the season doesn’t last at least 10 games or something like that. One of my leagues is doing prorated based on where the season ends to make sure whatever is played gets paid out. Idk if you guys have any thoughts about it but we should nail that down.

xkj1985x likes this.
  21. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I like the 10 game minimum

I also would say once we hit ten games, the payouts should go to 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the standings plus the high points like we normally would

John Lopiano and TSLROCKS like this.
  22. That's fine with me.

23. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

Yeah I'm cool with that

24. michaelvalerijr

Cool with me

25. jmwhit04

May Your Music Break My Eardrums Prestigious

Just as a suggestion mine is doing 11 weeks that way everyone has played each other once.

John Lopiano and xbrokendownx like this.