Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm Fantasy Football $$$ League 2020 Football

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Jun 29, 2020.

1. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

2. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

Yes I'm in

xbrokendownx likes this.
  3. I'm in

xbrokendownx likes this.
  4. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

xbrokendownx likes this.
  5. michaelvalerijr

Pressure's mountin' but I don't Everest

In!

Finally get rid of kickers.
    Superflex?

Those SHOULD be fantasy standard but people be scared.

6. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Reporting for duty

Obligatory “kickers are not a crapshoot, keep them” post. Lol.

7. michaelvalerijr

8. Randall Mentzos

Yes, you posted that article last year and I already dissected everything that was wrong with it :-p

No hard feelings I just respectfully disagree with ya

9. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

if 7/12 vote to get rid of kickers, we can do that I just don't think we will get that majority

10. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

xbrokendownx likes this.
  11. i'd be down for no kicker

michaelvalerijr likes this.
  12. michaelvalerijr

I reject your “dissection” as a lame moldy opinion. But it’s cool, keep thinking archaically. My feelings aren’t hurt, it’s just that every other league I’m in but one has switched and it’s SO much better.

13. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

if we took out the kicker, I would not want a superflex

I Would be fine adding a 2nd regular flex though

John Lopiano and michaelvalerijr like this.
  14. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

In!

15. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I vote to keep the kicker so that I can draft Justin Tucker 4-5 rounds before anyone else touches a kicker.

xbrokendownx and Randall Mentzos like this.
  16. jmwhit04

May Your Music Break My Eardrums Prestigious

I am in. I support swapping the kicker out for another flex.

xbrokendownx and michaelvalerijr like this.
  17. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

I told myself I would not be in but, turns out, I’m in

michaelvalerijr and xbrokendownx like this.
  18. Randall Mentzos

Keep kicker, two flexes is easily worse / more lopsided way to run the league than having a kicker

19. michaelvalerijr

How, though? Like, how does it make it "worse?"
    It means you have to be better at identifying RB/WR talent which is far more valuable than lucking into a kicker who could kick 5 FGs in a game randomly.

20. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I'm just not sure how starting some turd like Boston Scott over Justin Tucker means you " have to be better at identifying talent".

Starting a teams RB3 or WR4 any given week is a crapshoot just as starting a kicker is. At least with a kicker, you might be consistently getting some sort of points, particularly if you have a good one. Justin Tucker has won me a handful of games in this league (big games, too) which is why I have no issue drafting a kicker 5 rounds earlier than every body else in the league while you are drafting a....Boston Scott.

I've been playing fantasy sports for 20-25+ years and have had a kicker each year. I personally don't understand the fascination with getting rid of them but if the league chooses to vote that way, I am fine with it.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  21. michaelvalerijr

I hear what you're saying, but nobody said you "had" to draft or start Boston Scott. If you can evaluate talent and situations properly you can conceivably start a team's starting RB or WR2 as that extra flex. That's the point. I too have been playing fantasy for 20 years and I've enjoyed non-kicker more.

Justin Tucker is basically the only CONSISTENT kicker over the past 8 years. He finished top 5 all but 3 of those years at a quick glance. Every other kicker only has a few years in the top 5. Did you have Matt Gay and Zane Gonzalez pegged as top 5 kickers before the season started last year? If so, kudos to you.

22. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I did not, which is why I make the personal choice to opt to draft a kicker (one of the I would probably say 3 consistent kickers in the league) much earlier than the other 11 teams in this league do.

I also would not have pegged some human named Boston Scott playing a pretty pivotal role in the last few weeks of the Eagles season which someone has to spend 95FAAB on lol.

23. Randall Mentzos

Kickers are literally not a crapshoot. The main thing is it's the team's gameplan that impacts kicker scoring more so than the kicker's talent, but tbh we can say that about some RBs and WRs too.

I've said it before, but I'll explain again - good offenses with conservative coaches, and teams that are really good at running the ball. Those are the kickers you draft. The good offense / conservative coach will get into scoring range a lot and then be patient / careful once they get there, leading to a lot of field goals. The running team, meanwhile, is not likely to throw bombs when they're in field goal range, and is likely to go for field position over aggressive defense, which also leads to more drives ending in FGs.

The Ravens are both, so Justin Tucker benefits from both of those things, as well as being the most consistent / accurate kicker, hence why he's the best. But these are all factors you can weigh.

Even if the coach isn't conservative, a high scoring offense is still gonna get into field goal range more often than not. It's not like you need a crystal ball to know what a good kicker is lol, it's basic strategy like everything else.

& if that kicker goes up against a defense thats been holding most teams to 4 or fewer red zone trips, then skip them that week! Easy. It's not a coincidence people like me and KJ get more points from our kickers than you do haha.

24. Randall Mentzos

As far as Zane Gonzales, no, no one knew to draft him but after about 3 or 4 weeks should've been pretty clear that offense was getting to the redzone and stalling a lot.

25. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

im in