Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm Fantasy Football $$$ League 2017 [Archived] Football • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Jun 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

FOR adding a 3rd WR slot: xkj1985x, jmwhit04, michaelvalerijr, thechrisformat
    AGAINST adding a 3rd WR slot: PepsiOne, TSLRocks, Randall

2. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

I'm cool with adding a 3rd WR slot

Just to be clear - this means the bench would drop from 6 to 5?

3. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

no, I would leave the bench the same.

MyBestFiend likes this.
  4. I'd be for it

5. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I just think it adds a little spice. I wasn't in favor of it if it meant losing the flex spot but since it stays, I am good with it.

6. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

FOR adding a 3rd WR slot: xkj1985x, jmwhit04, michaelvalerijr, thechrisformat, MyBestFiend, spiffa
    AGAINST adding a 3rd WR slot: PepsiOne, TSLRocks, Randall

one more vote FOR and it passes. I will withhold voting unless I need to break a tiebreaker

@tkamB, @John Lopiano what say you?

7. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Hey guys, I know i'm late to the game here but if any spots open up i'd be down to fill in.

8. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

Against

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  9. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

waiting on John to see what he says

10. michaelvalerijr

Pressure's mountin' but I don't Everest

C'mon you fucks! Please explain being against adding more depth. What about depth is worse?

11. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

Not that I owe you an explanation but:
    1. It devalues RB too much
    2. It makes waiver decisions easier because with the extra roster spot means you have a higher chance of having a completely disposable player on your roster
    3. It makes week to week start/sit decisions less interesting/hard/fun

Obviously there are benefits as well, which is why it's just personal preference.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  12. Randall Mentzos Aug 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 14, 2017)
    Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Agree with all this. Would take a really competitive aspect away from the game - the goal of having dependability at every position. With that extra WR slot I think that would push the depth below the ideal level.

And yeah it definitely devalues RB because a WR heavy team is suddenly a lot better than a RB heavy one. Before they were about even and you could win either way.

13. Randall Mentzos Aug 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 14, 2017)
    Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Uhh that would reduce depth. As in, less players available, less quality bench talent, harder to have quality starters in every spot, etc. Bigger rosters = less of the player pool to go around = lower quality waiver wire = less depth.

I liked how it was, seems with that exact roster setup we all had the opportunity to pursue the "perfect team" with reliable talent at every starting role -- its very difficult, but possible through timely trades and pickups.

14. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

Against.

The league has been really competitive the way it is. I don't see a real need to change it. I wouldn't care if adding it passed, but for now I'm okay with having it the way it is.

15. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I've actually done some stewing on it today after initially voting yes and I'd actually like to swap my vote a no if that's cool...I'm down for whatever really but the more I've thought about it, I think this league is razor sharp already and there is really not much of a need to fix what isn't broken.

16. michaelvalerijr

Y'all crazy. Adding another starter always seeks to improve advantage for players who know their shit. You can still draft that "perfect team" if you know how to draft. And this devaluing RB garbage is silly. There are like 10-15 RBs worth a damn, but legitimately 60 WRs who could finish in the top 30 at their position. RBs are more scarce and because of that they are going to keep their value, regardless of adding another slot.

17. michaelvalerijr

I'm talking "depth" in starters. I.e. more exposure to points and more being able to gamble on another WR when there are like 70 dudes with upside. And in regards to the waiver wire, it enhances the difficulty, not eases it, as there are now 12 less guys to pull from--it makes the decisions more important and bidding even more intense.

18. jmwhit04

May Your Music Break My Eardrums Prestigious

I'm not gonna die on this hill and defend adding it to the death. Everyone just talks about how competitive this league is and they like it that way, and adding the starting spot made it a little more competitive. The league is trending to more pass heavy, was just trying to reflect that.

I'm more passionate about getting rid of the yardage bonuses or increasing them. I hate that in theory a running back who has alternating games of 100 yards and 60 yards versus a running back who has 90 yard games week in and week out would have almost 25 more points over the course of a season.

michaelvalerijr likes this.
  19. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

adding a 3rd WR to the starting lineup does not pass. That issue is done for this year.

If you'd like, we can take a vote on what to do with the bonuses. I've always kind of disliked them to be honest, because if a QB gets 299 yards they get 3.04 less points than if they get 300 yards exactly which I always did not like.

but its up to the majority.

20. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

Yeah I'm fine with dumping the bonuses

21. jmwhit04

May Your Music Break My Eardrums Prestigious

I'd be fine with either like 400/150/150 for the bonus plateaus or just getting rid of them.

22. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I don't care if we get rid of the bonuses, that's fine with me.

23. michaelvalerijr

I agree! Not a big fan of the bonuses, either.

24. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Looks like we have 4 people already who are FOR dumping the yardage bonuses

25. I'm ok with getting rid of the yardage bonuses as well.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.