Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

chorus.fm (Episode 119) Podcast • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Stage Banter

A music review podcast.

The flipping kind of got out of hand last year, especially. That Father John Misty 7" that had like a pressing of 1500 is now going for about $100.

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

You should have to pass some sort of artist-specific quiz to buy their RSD releases.

Brenden and Stage Banter like this.
  3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I have to say that I love that the new site has clearly separated the news/articles from the community. I don't miss reading some person derailing quality discussion. I like the separation of church and state approach. Now we just need keep punk rock elite.

FTank likes this.
  4. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Ehh. They could have really wanted all of it but guys were going fucking crazy. Really off putting but I finally experienced one.

5. CheapPop

Regular

Encore is back! Can't wait to listen on my ride home from work.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. Hope you like it!

7. One benefit of writing your own ad deployment system - it's not blocked anywhere yet. Heh. But, as I said before, like my main goal is to put out ads that people don't want to block. Because they're not annoying, they're not in your face, and they're relevant and informative. And those that really don't like them in the forums can upgrade their account if they'd like, so I think it's a win/win/win scenario.

Also everyone should pre-order that PUP record for sure.

Thanks. So far I also am happy with the decision. It pissed some people off because it's a little more hidden away and not in your face where the comments are - but for me - that's the end goal. I like it that way. Like today we posted up a playlist and the entire time I'm not worried that right under something we put time into as a staff there's gonna be a huge derailment and that the next person that visits gets caught up in reading people be mean to each other and never reads the article itself. And, so far, the people that have entered into the forum and comments and conversations, seem to be pretty awesome.

8. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

this makes me really happy! that's the only podcast where i'll drop whatever i'm primarily doing that week on the train -- might be reading a book, might be listening to a new album -- and listen to that as soon as i see it instead. my absolute fave.
    it's not that many in practice. if you're on the boat all day, you're talking about less than 1 drink per hour on average. on the days that we were at a port, we'd get back around 3 ... i'd drink a couple, get a late lunch, drink some more, then drink a bit during dinner, then you're pretty much drinking during whatever after-dinner activity you choose (they have shows, stand-up comedy, etc). i think the point I'm kind of making is that drinking is a primary activity on a cruise, or is at least baked into the other activities quite seamlessly haha.
    it's so far from interesting to me now as well. i liked it more when i lived in Florida but since I've moved to NYC I've had very little interest in waking up early for it.
    :peace:

i am more of a miami vice or mojito type of guy but i will enjoy a good margarita here and there.

9. Craig Manning

Haha, yeah, I've never been on a cruise, but I'd imagine a drink would sound appealing for pretty much any activity therein. I think the real question we're all wanting to ask is what you were drinking? lol

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Oh that answer is easy ... everything.

:cocktail::cocktail::cocktail::cocktail::cocktail::cocktail::cocktail:

Thomas Nassiff and Craig Manning like this.
  11. Craig Manning

They should launch a craft beer cruise. I think I'd die.

12. We could call it "Beer Overture" and sponsor it on the site.

13. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I don't know if anyone told you this already in the thread, but Forrister used to be called The Star Killers and they have a full album and a 2 song split up for free download on bandcamp as well. And Julien sings on all of that as well and it's all great

14. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

Glad to have you guys back! I understand breaking up the news posts and comments but I was a little bummed at first because I usually only check those threads and rarely go in the forums. BUT I'm happy I listened in and found out about the little quote button that links you to a comment thread! Like you brought up, that sense of community around breaking news was always so cool to me and I do value APs opinion.

15. grimis16

Regular

Thanks for this Podcast. I've been visiting Ap.net nearly every day since 2002/2003 (I think). I was at Metro State in Denver doing just what you did, I was searching for somewhere that had news about the bands I liked. There was punknews.org (I can't remember actually...) and some other website that sucked. Eventually I stumbled upon Ap.net and never looked back.

So I went to China for 2 weeks and when I returned Ap.net was gone. I first thought it was an April's Fools joke, but then it just got too elaborate and I soon realized this actually happened.

Even though you don't owe me anything, I felt disrespected since I was an avid follower for a better part of my life. I started during my early years of college and continued up to now as a completely different adult. I almost feel like I need to grow up even more now, like this was a crutch from college days to being a 33 year old adult. Anyways, this Podcast helped explain what your explanation blog post didn't. Each day I'm liking the new site more, and while I definitely miss the replies section (because it was great to see how popular a certain topic was), this new forum does work out pretty damn well.

Thanks for keeping me up to date with bands that none of my friends care about or have heard of. Thanks supplying hours on top of hours of fun/information. I miss AP, but I trust this site will carry the torch. Oh, and yeah, telling people about a website with the name absolutepunk.net was embarrassing.