Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm App

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by The Format, Apr 4, 2016.

1. The Format

Regular

Has it been mentioned whether or not there will be an app for Chorus.fm?

2. Yes. I'd already been wanting an AP app since forever.

3. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

@Jason Tate any thoughts? (I still love this feature by the way)

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. Currently the plan is to focus really heavily on getting all the web stuff working right and fixing all the little things, bugs, and additions I didn't get to in 1.0.

The most requested part from app so far has been notifications and one thing I think I can do is something like integrating the forum notifications with pushbullet. So that would probably be what I would do before any actual "app" development. If the site continues to do well and that kind of thing would be possible (full native app) then I may go down that road. But the expense, and time, makes it a more "maybe some day" thing at the moment.

Hope that answers the question!

5. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

I love the idea of using pushbullet for notifications, everything else I could want from an app is already supported on web (and I imagine that's by design)

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. NotBruce

Regular

I haven't played with it too much, but for what it's worth, the site viewed on mobile is really, really great. Clean and easy to navigate, and a big up from checking ap.net when I'm away from my computer.

Granted, I typically have 90% of my push notifications off, so I couldn't care less about notifications being sent to me directly, but I understand I'm in the minority there.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. Thank you so much. That was a huge part goal of mine, so I love reading this.

US Camera and NotBruce like this.
  8. NotBruce

Regular

Definitely, man. It really does look fantastic, and the navigation is really concise and smooth. Job well done!

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. The Format

Regular

Maybe get some of the up and coming bands on here that do design to trade app development for ad space :)

Also the site is easy to navigate on mobile devices.

10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I don't particularly think this site needs a mobile app. AP needed one because it was a bit of a mess.

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Its good on tablet as well. So yeah don't think an app is really needed.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. jorbjorb

7 rings

The mobile site works amazing.

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

The only thing I've noticed is that sometimes on mobile and tablet the typing lags/freezes and I can't write or edit anything.

14. Freud

Immortals with no morals, and no hang ups Prestigious

+1 on the site looking slick on mobile.

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. razorburn

Trusted

The mobile site is so perfect, I don't think we need an app. Kudos, @Jason Tate.

That said, push notifications would be a welcomed addition.

16. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

Ditto on how good the mobile design is.

I barely used AP.net on mobile, but I'm checking chorus.fm every day on mobile now. It's my go to website if I have a minute or 2 of down time. It has replaced Facebook for me as that time-filler and it's a hell of a lot more valuable to me than Facebook in terms of the content I'm seeing.

Great job @Jason Tate!

Jason Tate and DejaMoi like this.
  17. Thank you. Seriously so much. It means the world to me.