Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm’s Top 50 Albums of the 2010s • Page 5

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 9, 2019.

1. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Was Modern Vampires Of The City close? Can’t believe it didn’t make it.

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Nah, it only showed up on one person's list, and was ranked in the high 30s there.

3. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Brutal. That album and Jason Isbell are for sure on mine which hopefully I’ll be finishing my write up for soon

Craig Manning likes this.
  4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

If a charting single was the earmark of a great art most of this list wouldn’t qualify.

Petit nain des Îles and Mary V like this.
  5. IAmMikeWhite

@IAmMikeWhite Supporter

Great, diverse list.

I'm so so so sorry to be an a-hole, but as we're all striving for journalistic integrity I can't not say...

Pamore's self-titled record is called Paramore not Self-Titled.

I'm sorry I'm awful.

6. Lucas27

Trusted

In their defense, the fact that there's a band called Pamore and they have a record called Paramore is really confusing.

7. Lucas27

Trusted

Reading through this list, all I could think was, "Man, this site has been really formative for me, hasn't it?" I love so many of these picks. Many of the picks I was surprised to see missing (like Golden Hour, Keep You, and Integrity Blues) have all been touched upon here. I think Golden Hour is the biggest shock for me.

8. SPine

Trusted

Kacey Musgraves - Golden Hour being Chorus AOTY last year and not making the top 50 is surprising.

9. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Pageant Material >>>>

SpyKi likes this.
  10. Craig Manning

As much as I love Pageant Material, it's my least favorite of the three albums she put out this decade.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  11. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

It’s by far my favorite, haha.

12. Craig Manning

It's got a lot of great songs, but I think it's the one that holds together the least well as a cohesive whole. Still on my list, and relatively high. But Golden Hour is in my top 10.

13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Pageant Material is my fav too. Love all three though xx

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Pageant Material has some of my favorite songs (High Time, Late To the Party, title track, Die Fun, and more) but for some reason I listen to it as a whole the least the least of the 3.

15. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I'm not kidding when I say I forgot that album was even called Science Fiction. I'll never be able to forget the previous albums (although I haven't listened to them since), but for me, SF is so associated with the news of the abuse, I'd legitimately forgotten its name and how I felt about it prior to learning.

16. IAmMikeWhite

@IAmMikeWhite Supporter

I agree. I don't really ever understand a band's impulse to self-title a record. I can't think of many self-titled records that are that particular band's career defining record. Seems either lazy or too grandiose.

Lucas27 and jorbjorb like this.
  17. AMC

Regular

I haven't heard a big single by her in like 10 years.

18. Lucas27

Trusted

I think you missed the joke. I thought it was funny that you were correcting the mistake in the article but misspelled Paramore as “Pamore”. Hahaha.

But teasing aside, I actually agree with this. I think it makes sense for a debut album, but I don’t understand completely in other cases. In Paramore’s case though, they were bouncing back after a lot of turmoil so I think it was making a statement about the place they were in.

19. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Few songs have devastated me the way "House in the Trees". Song hit me hard and still does every single time.

20. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Assembling a top for a single year alone is a grind, but for a whole decade? I don’t know if I have the fortitude. Props for that.

I loved seeing the mix of albums you’d associate with AP/Chrous mixed in with some of the more mainstream artists. I proud to be a fan of music in general even if I skew strongly to “the scene” and it’s offshoots. Good music is good music.

Well done.

21. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Wondering where Ixora is.

Spotify playlist going up when?

anonimito likes this.
  22. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I know you said "not many" rather than "any", but a few examples that come to mind for me are Bayside, Bon Iver, Fidlar, Minus the Bear (kind of), and Run the Jewels. I don't do that to try and correct you, but instead turned it into a brainstorming exercise.

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Drunk In Love and Partition were both huge from her self-titled album. That album also revolutionized the music industry by completely changing the way that artists market and rollout their albums, since it was the first really massive surprise release. For like 2 years after that whenever someone surprise released an album, they were "pulling a Beyonce".

Formation was pretty huge from Lemonade, but more importantly, it's the album that cemented her as a post-charts artist, and came alongside her appearance at the Superbowl and a career-defining performance at Coachella. Kind of the whole point of the album is that it's an artistic statement, not a play for the radio. I don't mean any shade by this or anything, you're totally free not to like her. I don't even listen to her all that much, but there's definitely a reason she is included on all these lists. (And when I do listen to her, it's usually her recent music).

24. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[cmd F] "Worry." 0/0

What the fuck?

Drewski likes this.
  25. Craig Manning