Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm’s Top 50 Albums of the 2010s • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 9, 2019.

1. After Laughter is my favourite album of all time at this point, so... this list gets a huge thumbs up from me! Biggest surprise to me is that 1989 beat out Red.

2. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Yeah this was my thought as well. I was sure it was gonna be Keep You.

3. Ellite25

Regular

I was surprised when I didn’t see Goodness and then at the very end I was satisfied haha Probably my number one album from the decade. Actually think it’s much better than Home, though I love both.

Guys Named Todd likes this.
  4. soundclash

Regular

Love this list. So many of the albums here got me through that weird transition into adulthood since I graduated high school in 2009.

I think my personal album of the decade was Melodrama. Don’t think I listened to anything more than that one.

5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

don’t you know country music can’t be good

6. crowntownguy

I think I'm growing into someone you can trust

Love this list so much, I've listened to most but some I haven't listened to in forever. For my own easy access, I made this Spotify playlist with all of them. Probably just going to hit play tomorrow at work and see how far I get.

7. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Threads was robbed

but overall a solid list

Michael Qualiano and bachna84 like this.
  8. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Real shame to not see Basking In The Glow by Oso Oso on this. Best record of this year from this scene especially.

RileyWitiw likes this.
  9. halowithascrewloose

Newbie Supporter

I would kill to have a recording of my head movements while reading this list for the first time. So many agreeing nods and surprised head cocks, BUT not a single disagreeing swivel. Love this list. Very encapsulating list. Great job everyone !

Craig Manning likes this.
  10. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Hey @Craig Manning -- any chance you know how many total albums were nominated?

11. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Kinda fucked up that A Rush Of Blood To The Head and Thriller aren’t on here

12. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Wait, did Danger Days come out this decade?

13. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Great list. Some I expected and some that I didn’t.

14. November 22, 2010

Drew Beringer and pbueddi like this.
  15. It’s such a joy being part of the contributors team. Thank you all for having me, and thank you for all your hard work putting this together, @Craig Manning!

I’m thrilled that I got to write about my own personal number one, The King of Limbs! Plus, High Violet changed my life in more ways than one. Really glad to have finally written about it.

16. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Ugh, I hope that's not what he's saying.

I don't have a number for that, unfortunately. It would have taken too long to figure it out. I can tell you that 70 albums got 50 points or more. For perspective, the top album had 196 points.

Or Pet Sounds. Jesus Christ y'all.

Thanks for your great work!

17. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Surprised by the lack of Turn Out The Lights given it was #1 on the 2017 list

18. Craig Manning

Our last three albums of the year are all missing, which is by far the weirdest thing about this list.

19. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

I like King of Limbs, but surprised it made it on the list over Moon Shaped Pool.

20. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

i went back and listened to i like it when you sleep about a week ago, and i loved it. i couldnt even get through it when it came out. will have to check some of these out.

my only surprise is that good kid maad city and to pimp a butterfly made the list and DAMN didn't. That album packed so much emotion, rage, movement, all the above in an album post-trump election. Probably my #1 for the decade. This post will get me looking back at my list!

JRGComedy likes this.
  21. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I hate after laughter lol makes sense. God love ya!

22. Craig Manning

[​IMG]

thecobrakais likes this.
  23. Would this be a good time to admit I've never listened to a full Paramore album?

I've liked some individual songs I've heard here and there but it's a big gap for whatever reason

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yes it's the perfect time, as long as you are saying it because you are intending to change this immediately.

Mary V likes this.
  25. I think I have to now haha

mattfreaksmeout likes this.