Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm’s Top 30 Albums of 2020 • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 4, 2021.

1. [​IMG]

2. it me.

albums that did release in 2020 will probably always bring me memories I'd rather forget tbh, that being said, a few squeaked through the comfort noise because they were darn good

3. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Same here. Most of my new-new music listening was done in like November and December, only to contribute to the Hip Hop Thread list.

4. DaydreamNation Jan 5, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 5, 2021)
    Love that Ruston made it and is that high up. Never been less surprised by a #1 on a list haha but that's not a bad thing!

Craig Manning likes this.
  5. Truly shocked The 1975 didn't make the cut. Gotta be the first year they wasn't top 5, let alone not on the list.

Michael Qualiano likes this.
  6. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Anybody have the NFG album on their list?

7. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Tame Impala is a HUGE snub. Vasudeva, Thundercat, Gorillaz had good releases too.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  8. I know a lot of people that liked Tame Impala before like.... 2017 were kinda disappointed with it, but I definitely thought it would be on this list too. Liked it a decent amount myself.

Shout out to the Vasu record for real tho. A bombshell, that one

anonimito and Ska Senanake like this.
  9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

The Tame Impala album is great, I think a lot of fans were just thrown off by the stylistic shift. While different, the first three albums were all cut from the same cloth. This one is much more electronic based and more vibey for lack of better word.

trevorshmevor and Ska Senanake like this.
  10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Wake Up, Sunshine is definitely All Time Low’s Southern Air.

11. BenSmith94

Trusted

Enter Shikari deserved some love here. Ditto Slowly Slowly, one of the best new alt rock acts out of Australia (although they're obviously more obscure outside Aus).

Colby Searcy likes this.
  12. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Yeah the Vasu one is so so so good. All 3 are really. Great guys. Got to meet them after a show once. I honestly liked the new Tame Impala more than Currents.

anonimito and trevorshmevor like this.
  13. DaydreamNation Jan 5, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 6, 2021)
    I've loved Tame Impala since Innerspeaker was brand-spankin'-new (that awesome cover art was what made me check it out initially) and I loved the album this year. Seems like most people like me felt differently tho, oh well

trevorshmevor and Aaron Mook like this.
  14. irthesteve

I also think a lot of people have a tough time when an artists latest album isn't "their best." So what! By definition, one album can ever be the best so who cares which it is. Currents can be your favorite and Slow Rush can still be fucking great.

15. Slow Rush fucking rules, super rewarding listen. Would be most bands' best record

16. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

I think it's fantastic. So much to dig into, even beyond the usual hundreds of samples. Who else makes a song that turns into a picture when run through a spectrograph?!?

Mary V likes this.
  17. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Going to have to look through all the individual lists and try to find some more stuff I missed. For me some of my favorites in no order:

Phoebe Bridgers - Punisher
    Brian Fallon - Local Honey
    City Mouth - Coping Machine
    The Front Bottoms - In Sickness & In Flames (would have thought this would have made more people's top)
    Stand Atlantic - Pink Elephant
    Seaway - Big Vibe (this one really surprised me)
    Hot Mulligan - You'll Be Fine
    Mandancing - The Good Sweat
    The Dangerous Summer - All That is Left of the Blue Sky

Kevstev likes this.
  18. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

needs more grindcore, but other than that, solid list mates.

19. For the record, this was originally in my top 15 at least but was retroactively removed after some more information came to light in the Accountability in Music thread.

20. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I enjoyed the Front Bottoms record prior to the full details of what happened came out. Now I have no interest in supporting them at all.

21. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Oh ok thank you I didn't know about that I'll look into this

Aaron Mook likes this.
  22. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Well I know my top 3 were

Taylor Swift - folklore
    Poppy - I Disagree
    The Killers - Imploding The Mirage

2 artists I never cared for and The Killers who I love but had absolutely no anticipation for with how underwhelming the last album was

23. The Poppy album definitely took me by surprise

24. irthesteve

Same, I love it

25. elroyo

agree, criminal to not have that one on the list