Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus.fm’s Top 30 Albums of 2020 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Mary V likes this.
  2. surgerone

Regular Supporter

love love love that album

3. The Lucky Moose Jan 4, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 4, 2021)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

If you go through some of last month’s pages of the thread you’ll find all the individual lists too (which often also included R&B and more)

Sean Murphy likes this.
  4. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I listened to Eternal Atake because he got the #1 spot and I never really listened to him before. He’s a fine rapper and it’s a solid album but I gotta say I don’t really see it.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  5. I thought for sure Uzi would be on it too, but yeah RTJ was a lock. I didn’t go back to it enough for it to be on my personal list but it is definitely their best record imo

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Uzi still isn't for me, I just.... don't think the way his voice sounds is pleasing to me at all haha. Even if the music, lyrics and everything is up to par... having it come from that vocal box just kills it for me.

7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Uzi is good. I just didn't spin his album that much

8. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Woah this feels early! Now I have to work on my list too hahah! But we share #1, that's for sure, and I'm relly glad, glad it's been so higly praised!

9. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

This is probably the first year that my list is vastly different than this. There's like, one album on here I'd include in mine. Not a bad thing by any means, just wild.

trevorshmevor and Kevstev like this.
  10. sosplatano

Regular Supporter

Solid list as always, gonna revisit Barely Civil and I'm Glad It's You.

Kevstev likes this.
  11. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Yeah this is the first year mine is so different from the list - basically since 7th grade lol. I barely know/enjoy any of these.

12. halowithascrewloose

Newbie Supporter

Agree with this list, and Punisher made my top 10, but for me it didn’t resonate as much as Stranger In the Alps did in comparison. Still an unreal album though.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. PauLo

43% Burnt

So it's your fault... ;-)

14. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

This may have already been pointed out but at least 13/30 acts strongly feature women (11) and/or POC. That's not to mention those in backing bands like Amanda in the 400 Unit etc. How far we've come from the AP days.

Toner, BoldType, Mary V and 3 others like this.
  15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I said this in another thread, but there’s 3 white male groups in the top 10. That’s a huge leap from previous years!

Steeeve Perry and xapplexpiex like this.
  16. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

So fucking happy for Spanish Love Songs. Even my four year old daughter knows “it won’t be this bleak forever” now.

Toner, .K., BoldType and 1 other person like this.
  17. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Albums from my top 10 that aren't here:

The Weeknd: After Hours. I don't care much for the first two tracks but after that it's just straight classics. So many hooks, such great production. Every era of The Weeknd is represented. Like a greatest hits of all new songs.

The Avalanches: We Will Always Love You. As always I was blown away by the sheer level of craft, detail, thought and care that went into this project, and it really paid off with some standout tracks and a cohesive, cosmic vibe.

Tame Impala: The Slow Rush. A lot of people were let down by this which I get but it's still great. The reworked Borderline hits hard, Lost in Yesterday is an all timer, Is It True and On Track are great as well, plus it moves from prog rock to house music seamlessly. Really well made and of course it sounds just fantastic.

The rest of my top 10 is here. A good year for music, not great imo. Hoping for a deluge this year.

18. somethingwitty

Trusted

Never really got into Pvris before, always had a weird idea that they were either metalcore or butt rock (no idea where I got that idea)...

Gave their latest record a chance about a month ago and it instantly jumped into my top 5 of 2020. Really sad they weren’t able to play much or this record live. Such a great record!

BoldType and Jason Tate like this.
  19. AMC

Regular

I must be getting old..
    I don't understand all the Taylor Swift love.
    I must be missing something.

Kevstev likes this.
  20. We Will Always Love You is something special

JRGComedy likes this.
  21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Not enjoying her music totally is fine, and understandable. But not "understanding" it is bizarre. She objectively releases well crafted music. There's plenty of music I don't like, but for the most part I understand why others do.

Toner and BoldType like this.
  22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Solid list, echoing the above that it's nice for the list to feature more non-white male groups, especially in the top 10.

23. ItsAndrew Jan 4, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 4, 2021)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Not to spam this thread with recs but since Phoebe's album was ranked #1 on here and was overwhelmingly a popular album on this site...if you like the Phoebe Bridgers record you should check out from this year: Skullcrusher's self-titled EP, Samia's record The Baby, Lomelda's record Hannah, Tomberlin's EP Projections, Adrianne Lenker's record Songs, and Squirrel Flower's record I Was Born Swimming.

I Was Born Swimming

mad and theagentcoma like this.
  24. ARo24

Regular

Kind of surprised to see only one mention of Beabadoobee. I would have added Your Truly and Code Orange to the list but solid rankings nonetheless.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  25. your daughter rules