Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus' Favorite Game Bracket: Hub Thread Video Game • Page 13

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Hollow Knight losing to Wind Waker is the darkest moment imo

oldjersey likes this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

FFVI is way more of a legitimate classic with a far more important legacy than Bloodborne is and has (at the moment, obviously FFVI has had way more time to develop that legacy).

Also, as much as I love Bloodborne (I would put it in my top ten of all time probably), it just didn't affect me in the same way FFVI, both as a video game fan and also on an actual real and emotional level. That game left a lasting impact on me.

theagentcoma and oldjersey like this.
  3. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Portal beating *insert game* is the darkest moment

4. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Hollow Knight is great but Wind Waker is waaay better. Portal is better than like 90% of games.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  5. Shrek

i hard disagree on Wind Waker being better than Hollow Knight haha. Wind Waker wouldn't make my top three Zeldas (although its top 5) where Hollow Knight is the best game in the history of its genre. all my opinions of course.

Colby Searcy and oldjersey like this.
  6. SpyKi

Wind Waker is my third fav Zelda but I'd put like 5 Zelda games over Hollow Knight, maybe more. Hollow Knight is a phenomenal game though, waaay better was probably a stretch lol.

Shrek likes this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

It's all about taste obviously. I'm a fair weathered fan on most Zelda games, I like them but I don't rank any with the classic Zelda structure high on my favorite games list. BOTW was obviously very different and it became my favorite Zelda easily.

Hollow Knight is a masterpiece.

8. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I tried but could never get into Hollow Knight. Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda

9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

It took probably 5 or 6 hours for Hollow Knight to click with me

10. Anthony_

The Zelda series has produced at least five games I would call "masterpieces" (ALTTP, OoT, MM, WW, BotW).

SpyKi and Jake W like this.
  11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I really wish I could appreciate them more, maybe I just need to give them another shot, it's been a longgggg time since i've played a Zelda game besides BOTW

12. Jake W

Weird way to spell ALBW

SpyKi likes this.
  13. Jake W

HK is great but WW wins because its one of the rare games from that gen that holds up

14. Anthony_ May 27, 2020
    (Last edited: May 27, 2020)
    Anthony_

I love ALBW but I wouldn't put it in the S tier of Zeldas, personally. I liked what they did to change the formula up, however there were a few important things about the series that were lost in the process.

That dude Mark Brown on Youtube explained some of the flaws in the game really well during his Boss Keys episode about it. The biggest complaint he had, which I had as well, is that Nintendo designed the game with two limitations: each dungeon has to be designed as if it were the first dungeon the player has gone to, and each dungeon was designed assuming that the only item players would have in their possession is the one item that was supposed to be featured in it. So there were no opportunities for cool puzzles that required the use of multiple items at once, and the difficulty curve is pretty flat. Breath of the Wild solved the inventory problem, at least, by giving you all of the tools you'd need right from the start of the game. But ALBW is limited because of those design decisions.

15. Jake W

ALBW is in my top 3 with WW and BOTW lol I won't stand for criticism

16. Shrek

i can only imagine considering Ocarina a masterpiece through a lens of impact and legacy. game is not that fun to play anymore and i think how a game ages has a lot to do with masterpiece status

Jake W likes this.
  17. SpyKi

Idk, I think it still holds up beautifully. Especially the remake.

theagentcoma likes this.
  18. Anthony_

The 3DS version is still incredibly fun to play. And even the original version has aged fine.

theagentcoma likes this.
  19. Jake W

3DS version is good and the only version you should play in *insert current year*

20. GBlades

Trusted

This has been the worst part so far.

theagentcoma and SpyKi like this.
  21. Shrek

22. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Boo

Jake W likes this.
  23. The Lucky Moose May 29, 2020
    (Last edited: May 29, 2020)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

No developer will ever make anything as pure as sailing around in WW ever again

Joe4th likes this.
  24. Shrek

25. GBlades

Trusted

I can't believe FFX lost but ALSO FFVII.