Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus' Favorite Game Bracket: Hub Thread Video Game • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Apr 14, 2020.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Tread very carefully

2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

tbf Banjo and SM64 are both fantastic platformers, honestly not sure which one I'll vote for.

3. The Lucky Moose

Tell me @Shrek is any form of NBA Jam included in this thing at all or was I the only one to put it on my list and should I just burn everything down right now

4. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

One of my favorite games is NFL Street and is probably be the only one would vote for that

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  5. The Lucky Moose

I'd probably have voted NFL Street over plenty of other games

Colby Searcy likes this.
  6. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

unfortunately only you voted for the 2010 version and one other person voted for 1993

7. The Lucky Moose

Damn I was thinking about going for the 1993 version, but probably still would not have been enough?

Also hit me up other NBA Jam fan, whoever you are

Maverick and Colby Searcy like this.
  8. Shrek

it wouldn't have been enough but it would've been close

The Lucky Moose and Colby Searcy like this.
  9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I just saw that Final Fantasy VI is going up against KOTOR in the first round and all I can say to that is why goddammit why

I'm picking FFVI but one of those games getting knocked out so early hurts my heart

theagentcoma and Joe4th like this.
  10. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

After finally looking at the full bracket all I have to say is damn thank you for all the effort @Shrek

Cameron, theagentcoma, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  11. Shrek

you're welcome haha i fucking love compiling data

12. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

some interesting matchups and paths here. my beloved MGS2 will likely fall victim to Dark Souls haha.

Anthony_ likes this.
  13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I love MGS2 but this is the way it should be sadly

Your Milkshake and SpyKi like this.
  14. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'll be voting MGS2 without a doubt

Colby Searcy likes this.
  15. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

i voted for it

Colby Searcy likes this.
  16. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

@Shrek just curious. how close was Binding of Isaac from getting into the brackets?

17. Shrek

it only had one vote if you can believe it. if it had gotten two it likely would have made it depending on MC score

zigbigwig likes this.
  18. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

@Shrek Do you have a list of all the games that were voted for/ how many votes they got? Would love to see what almost made it.

Shrek likes this.
  19. Shrek

yeah i have a spreadsheet of every game and amount of votes. ill definitely compile that into something legible and post it at some point but no promises as to when haha

20. Shrek

for some fun facts in that area:

all games at seed 84 or above had 3 votes or more.

all games at seeds 85-128 had 2 votes

there were 41 more games with 2 votes that were eliminated based on MC score or lack thereof

there was a whopping 256 games that received only one vote

seeding was tricky in some spots. almost anything pre-PS1 and N64 lacks a Metacritic score, so i had to default to a score of zero. there was definitely a better way to do that but i only have so much time and those criteria were established from the first 30 minutes i had this idea. there were very few games affected by this fault, and most of them made it in anyways because they had so many votes. i think only Turtles in Time and Mega Man X were excluded on these grounds. the rest of the two vote games were scored. i figured a strict rule adherence was a more ethical route than me deciding for 20 people that two games were more deserving or whatever.

to dive a little deeper into that, the lackluster port of Turtles in Time to last gen consoles was scored but it was received so poorly anyways that it wouldn't have mattered. as for Mega Man X, the Legacy Collection was obv rated but is tilted by the scoring of a handful of other included games and a poorly optimized Switch port that exhibits input delay.

furthermore, i did apply my own judgment to which versions of games were scored, because honestly it became clear early on that i had to. examples:

- i seeded Dark Souls by its PS3 score, because im confident that is where it made its largest impact as opposed to the PC version
    - for Skyrim it was much more up in the air and i leaned towards the PC score, as i largely think involving the PS3 score (that version sucked shit) would be unfair to its impact. it is a game best experienced on PC, and it launched there the same time as its console versions.

there's little bits like that throughout that some may take issue with but one thing i can say confidently is my own personal taste never came into play, which was real easy given how ive barely ever played any of these fucking games and how some i was really pulling for never sniffed entering the bracket lol

i did my best and think there is very very little tilt and even less any reasonable person could take umbrage with and i hope everyone enjoys it!

Anthony_, zigbigwig and Colby Searcy like this.
  21. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

these were all Vase games

22. StormAndTheSun

Looking at the full bracket for the first time, Im really surprised that Outer Wilds and Return of the Obra Dinn didnt make it. Both near perfect games. Did y'all just not play those?

23. Shrek

Obra Dinn got one vote and Outer Wilds got zero

24. StormAndTheSun

But I voted Outer Wilds...

zigbigwig and SpyKi like this.
  25. Shrek

you're right, was going from memory. your Outer Wilds.vote is on the spreadsheet.