Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chorus Fantasy Baseball League 2020 • Page 6

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Sean Murphy, Feb 25, 2020.

1. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Whenever baseball does come back, I’d definitely still like to play

Zoshchenko and Sean Murphy like this.
  2. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Of course

Sean Murphy likes this.
  3. Night Channels

Trusted

I'm still in.

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Howdy folks,

Just wanted to update that I have pushed the draft out to Monday 6/15 9pm EST.

Hopefully this is the last time I will have to push it out, as I've seen July being thrown around a lot this week as a starting point.

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Howdy gang,

Good thing I got an alert that our draft was supposed to be tonight!
    I have changed it to next Monday, 6/22, 6pm PST/9pm EDT. It's the furthest Monday they'd let me put it out.

I gather this week we will know what the deal is for MLB this season, so we should be able to make decisions soon.

6. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

I completely forgot about this and just got an alert that the draft is starting soon. Is this still happening or are we able to push it back further?

airik625 and domotime2 like this.
  7. domotime2

Yeah put me in the category of being shocked when I saw yahoo fantasy updates happening haha. I missed the draft obviously...I mean theres barely gonna be a season this year but whoops on me

8. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

oh no

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah, this is completely my bad - it wouldnt let me push it passed 6/22, and i didnt realize until it was too late.

i can probably just kill this league and send re-invites out/create a new if enough people hate their team.

open to do whatever the majority decision is.

10. domotime2

Well if I'm the only one who missed the draft then it is what it is but now that we know baseball is gonna happen sorta and if others missed the draft also I'd love a redraft of possible (I'm sure Yahoo or espn will figure out something for this year)

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Did anyone actually live draft? I auto drafted because i admittedly completely forgot.

12. PatRFinley

Yeah I entered the draft and realized it was gonna be just me basically and so after I took trout with the 1st pick I realized that if we end up using these teams it wouldn’t be right for me to actually draft so I left.

13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

so the option to delete the league is only available pre-draft apparently.

really sorry guys, i'm not sure what I can do at this point. we could, create an entirely new league, and just abandon this one...?

i would also be OK with taking any money out of this years league since its only going to be about 8-10 weeks of play, and we can use this shorter season as a trial run to see what settings/scoring categories we like or would want to change for next season?

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I'm down for whatever, taking money out would be cool for me as this is my first time entering fantasy baseball in quite some time. I also wouldn't mind throwing a few dollars in. Whatever everyone wants!

15. PatRFinley

Things happen, it’s just fake baseball. We’ll figure it all out.

As far as money goes, I’m game for what ever the majority wants to do.

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

If it makes anyone feel better i hate my team :crylaugh:

17. domotime2

I'm down with ignoring this team and doing a legit draft. Drafts best part. I say forget money this year. Covid fantasy baseball league for fun

18. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

I'll go along with the majority, but this is my response, too.

Zoshchenko, Groogz and Sean Murphy like this.
  19. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

I'm also cool with letting this auto-drafted league just sit there, and then re-drafting a separate league. One of my favorite parts of fantasy sports is the live draft. As far as money goes, I'm cool with whatever. I honestly don't remember what we initially discussed as the buy-in, but since it's a shortened season maybe we do a lesser buy-in? I'm also fine with no money this year if that's what people want to do.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Okay ill put in my vote for free covid fantasy baseball too, i'll just talk lots of shit on Murph even if i'm getting destroyed

Zoshchenko and Sean Murphy like this.
  21. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I actually seemed to have a got a solid team. As far as money is concerned, I’m good either way.

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Ill see what my options for creating a new league and setting a new draft date are tomorrow

airik625, PatRFinley, fowruok and 2 others like this.
  23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Folks,

A new league has been created with a draft date of Monday 6/29 9pm EST
    I will tinker with the settings today to make sure they're the same as we meant them to be

Emails should be in your inboxes now/shortly depending on if Yahoo has had its coffee yet.

Zoshchenko likes this.
  24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I'm in

25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Just want to tag everyone and bring you up to speed with the changes

- New league created, the league auto drafted teams because it wouldnt let me push the draft out and I forgot to tell you
    - Check your inboxes for new invites
    - The old league cannot be deleted, we are agreeing to pretend it doesnt exist
    - Scoring setting will be the same as they were
    - Draft Monday 6/29 9pm EST
    - Still deciding if we want to do money or not due to such a shortened season

@PatRFinley @Ken @domotime2 @Groogz @fowruok @airik625 @Zoshchenko @FlayedManOfSF @Swoos @Patterns in Traffic @Night Channels @T.J. @oldjersey

fowruok, Groogz, domotime2 and 3 others like this.